F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > HOTD discussion (spoilers up & to including s1e9) but NO book spoilers please!
proTUNING Freaks
View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Black 4 80.00%
Green 1 20.00%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

10-20-2022, 03:39 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

HOTD discussion (spoilers up & to including s1e9) but NO book spoilers please!

Hopefully this will get some traction as I'd love to discuss w you guys. I'll update the title to the relevant episode as they are released - right now at the time of this thread creation, we are waiting for the premier season's finale. The theme is to discuss the various characters, plots, which side do you root for and why? This is meant to develop organically along w the tv series so please NO BOOK SPOILERS as obviously you guys already know what is coming.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 04:16 PM   #2
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Ok, I'll start:

I liked young Rhaenyra and ofc she is the regally-sanctioned heir, her indiscretions were her own until it got ridiculous to the point of actually giving birth to bastards(!)...Laenor is gay, not sterile so that was really stupid of her. Maybe Daemon deserves part of the blame for getting her all hot and heavy and starting this whole mess of her seeking boytoys. That being said, at least her boys seem to have better dispositions than Ailicent's.

I initially liked Otto, he seemed to care about the realm and was genuinely sad when he heard of the King's passing, but then he turns around and wants his grandson to snatch the throne even before hearing about Ailicent's false belief about Viserys saying Aegon II is the one, plotting for years, and doesn't mind killing Rhaenyra, unlike Ailicent taking the more diplomatic approach. Also, Ailicent's 2 sons are quite horrible in their own distinct ways, but, hey, at least they're not bastards /s.

I guess I'm leaning towards Team Black for the moment but hopefully Rhaenyra and Daemon's kids can somehow take over when she dies.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 07:11 PM   #3
Josh-PA
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2, n55 e88, B58 G05

I'm team Rhaenyra /Daemon. Question though, how the heck can the Aunt be ok with killing a bunch of commoners with her big ass dragon and not end the civil war before it even starts with one "dracaris" or whatever the command is to blow unholy fire out of your dragon hole
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 07:21 PM   #4
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

My only post in this thread….had to Google HOTD!
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2022, 09:47 PM   #5
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
I'm team Rhaenyra /Daemon. Question though, how the heck can the Aunt be ok with killing a bunch of commoners with her big ass dragon and not end the civil war before it even starts with one "dracaris" or whatever the command is to blow unholy fire out of your dragon hole
I think because they're not actually at war yet and she wanted the Princess to decide?

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 01:56 AM   #6
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-PA View Post
She doesn't seem evil and actually is very even-keeled, so she's not about to cold-bloodedly murder everyone Green outta nowhere. I definitely agreed w her when she was debating w her husband about who should succeed them. The husband's a fool, preferring a fake 'name' over actual blood.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 11:26 AM   #7
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

It certainly makes office "politics" seem tame by comparison.