F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Charging Battery 2013 328i
Extreme Powerhouse

10-27-2022, 01:13 PM   #1
Red_Sun
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Charging Battery 2013 328i

I bought a smart battery charger since the battery on my other car is very low.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3CV4S2Y...roduct_details

Can I use this charger to charge my BMW battery? The battery is fine. But since I do not drive long as much as before with the remote working, car complained about low battery charge before.

The power saving at idling/stopping has been disabled due to low battery charge level.

The charger also has the "repair" function.

I just do not want to connect the charger to a fully functioning battery.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2022, 03:15 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

That's fine. I only drive one or two days a week in winter, so whenever the overnight temperature goes below 25 degrees I plug in my maintainer. I've got wires permanently connected to the under hood charging posts, with a connector for the maintainer coming out the lower grille. There's no reason not to connect it to a good battery. BMWs are never totally off, something's always powered up. A maintainer keeps that stuff from draining the battery, and provides charge it may need if you only drive short distances and/or infrequently. My battery turned 7 in January, it's still as good as new.
Appreciate 0