home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

10-27-2022, 04:37 PM   #1
G80_Tomo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5, 2023 M3Cx

NYC Parking Garage

I live in the UES and i have an X5 and my brand new 2023 M3 Comp. Both have now gotten scratched by my monthly garage. I def lost it today when my freshly PPF'd front bumper got a paint chip from getting hit by the car parked in front. I could even fit my finger in between bumpers when i went to my car. Even with PPF and bumper guards, no car is safe. One way to make it a bit safer is to self park but very rare in NYC.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on reliable monthly garages in the UES area?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 08:15 PM   #2
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_Tomo View Post
I live in the UES and i have an X5 and my brand new 2023 M3 Comp. Both have now gotten scratched by my monthly garage. I def lost it today when my freshly PPF'd front bumper got a paint chip from getting hit by the car parked in front. I could even fit my finger in between bumpers when i went to my car. Even with PPF and bumper guards, no car is safe. One way to make it a bit safer is to self park but very rare in NYC.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on reliable monthly garages in the UES area?
Sorry to hear man; it's inevitable though

My wife and I were heading out to eat in Edgewater NJ. Really nice restaurant; G Wagons, Bentleys Range SVR etc.

I did not realize it was valet only…

Shame really; I'm sure the food was good.

My car is 6MT

Sorry not happening I'll eat somewhere else
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2022, 10:11 PM   #3
forumlurker
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: almost every day

Some ideas :

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...xotics.642291/
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 10:33 AM   #4
JerseyG80
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post

My wife and I were heading out to eat in Edgewater NJ. Really nice restaurant; G Wagons, Bentleys Range SVR etc.

My car is 6MT

You can always ask the valet guy if you can park yourself. Most of the time they dont have a problem if you ask nicely
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 10:40 AM   #5
geim9000
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 xDrive (incoming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80_Tomo View Post

I live in the East Village and park in a self park public lot, but I got so many door dings there in a 3 year span with my F82. I used to park one side of the car as close possible to a support column to create some distance between me and the space next to it. Didn't matter. Felt like people were out for the car because it was a BMW. So -- sounds like it's better but really not much better. Spent about $500-$700 in paintless dent repair over the 3 years. And as I mentioned, it was a public lot, so all sorts of different self parking people strolled into there.

That said, pretty specific question asking for a good garage in the UES. When you find another garage, maybe tip the attendants a lot to make sure your car gets taken care of. In the winter when I don't use my car as often, I park in Williamsburg at a more affordable garage and tipping really helps. Never got a ding or issues there. Knock on wood because i'll be parking my G80X there too when it arrives.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2022, 10:54 AM   #6
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ninja View Post

My car is 6MT

You can always ask the valet guy if you can park yourself. Most of the time they dont have a problem if you ask nicely
Oh absolutely; I've done that…

they still get offended, even when I give a tip and park my own car.

I treated my 6 speed MK7 the same way.

This group of valet drivers seem a bit to ambitious as I pulled up…

I doubt they get much practice with a manual shift car and I did not have the energy to politely and graciously ask permission to park my own car.

Which is a very odd thing to do I must say.

Next time I'll drive my beater the old Nissan Altima….

Have at it lol!!!
Appreciate 2