F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Preferred Socal Dealerships / SAs
ARMA SPEED

11-09-2022, 01:20 PM   #1
9320.f30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Preferred Socal Dealerships / SAs

Hi everyone,

Haven't visited a dealership yet, so wondering which locations or service advisors you recommend. I live in Santa Monica, so the dealership here would be ideal, but if there are any SA's or dealerships who are more lenient with mods, or are generally easier to work with, a drive might be worth it.

Would love to get any first hand experience. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 08:09 PM   #2
_N54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335d

Eh there is really no such a thing. SA is just a SA. Someone a few years back needed a new engine due to a bad injector and BMW dug into the system and found a record where the tech mentioned about the car having an aftermarket BMS intake when he took the car in for a oil change and they didn't cover the engine under warranty because BMW said the intake apparently caused the injector to leak lol. You gotta really know the SA and Tech you're requesting for. Also remember a lot of SA get paid bonuses so they will always say "Oh I'm not worried about mods" because end of the day that's just another ticket for them. Some Techs are cool and others are just...lol.
      02-17-2023, 04:53 PM   #3
9320.f30
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by _N54 View Post
Eh there is really no such a thing. SA is just a SA. Someone a few years back needed a new engine due to a bad injector and BMW dug into the system and found a record where the tech mentioned about the car having an aftermarket BMS intake when he took the car in for a oil change and they didn't cover the engine under warranty because BMW said the intake apparently caused the injector to leak lol. You gotta really know the SA and Tech you're requesting for. Also remember a lot of SA get paid bonuses so they will always say "Oh I'm not worried about mods" because end of the day that's just another ticket for them. Some Techs are cool and others are just...lol.
Damn that sounds like a horror story

Yeah, I guess just gotta hope I find a chill SA. Thanks for the heads up
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 08:09 PM   #4
Richforbroke
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

I've had great experiences with Eric at New Century BMW. A few others have vouched for him on this thread as well. Not sure if it's too far of a drive for you. I've seen quite a few modded M's there that are far more modded than my F32.

Here's a thread from before with some suggestions.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1726893
Appreciate 1