Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-31-2022, 07:31 PM   #1
jnslance
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3

Valvetronic Midpipe Question

Hey all,

I am a new owner of a 2021 G80 competition. Actually taking delivery of it in a couple of days. I知 sure as you all can imagine, I知 already neck deep in starting my tuning journey which will shortly begin with sending the DME off to be unlocked etc. in the mean time I知 also figuring out what route I want to go exhaust wise. I致e already settled on the MAD catless downpipes, and I am considering the valve Tronic mid pipe. However, I知 concerned about possible, droning in the car from the secondary cat and resonator delete. If I opt for the mid pipe, I would be keeping the stock actual back. My question is if anyone running a similar set up, can confirm whether or not there is droning in the vehicle. Any audio is a bonus. Thank you very much in advance!

Lance

Last edited by jnslance; 12-31-2022 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 12:45 AM   #2
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

If you keep the stock axle back, you can go catless downpipes with no resonators in the midpipe at all, and experience no drone.

The stock axle back does genuine wonders for drone, so I always recommend people keep it. I just wish it wasn't so ugly!
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #3
jnslance
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
If you keep the stock axle back, you can go catless downpipes with no resonators in the midpipe at all, and experience no drone.

The stock axle back does genuine wonders for drone, so I always recommend people keep it. I just wish it wasn't so ugly!
Thank you, that痴 helpful to know!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 02:16 PM   #4
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnslance View Post
Hey all,

I am a new owner of a 2021 G80 competition. Actually taking delivery of it in a couple of days. I知 sure as you all can imagine, I知 already neck deep in starting my tuning journey which will shortly begin with sending the DME off to be unlocked etc. in the mean time I知 also figuring out what route I want to go exhaust wise. I致e already settled on the MAD catless downpipes, and I am considering the valve Tronic mid pipe. However, I知 concerned about possible, droning in the car from the secondary cat and resonator delete. If I opt for the mid pipe, I would be keeping the stock actual back. My question is if anyone running a similar set up, can confirm whether or not there is droning in the vehicle. Any audio is a bonus. Thank you very much in advance!

Lance
I have the full Valvetronic system and no drone for me. Although subjective everyone notices frequencies differently but I have no issues. You can probably go back a couple of pages in the forum and I believe there are some videos in car. Maybe not necessarily Valvetronic but similar set ups to suffice your interest?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 05:18 PM   #5
Info@mad-us.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: bmw

Not considering our Single midpipe to go with our downpipes?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 02:16 PM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post

+1

And expect a loud cold start

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 03:08 PM   #7
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Not considering our Single midpipe to go with our downpipes?
Loving the pricing on your midpipe but having trouble finding videos! I知 interested in keeping stock downpipes and axel back.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 11:12 PM   #8
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglilsteve View Post
Loving the pricing on your midpipe but having trouble finding videos! I’m interested in keeping stock downpipes and axel back.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2023, 08:20 AM   #9
Valvetronic Designs
United_States
Rep

Drives: We <3 them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnslance View Post
Hey all,

Lance
Hey lance,
These are all very good questions. Allow us to provide some clarity. The factory rear muffler, due to its size acts as a resonance chamber and has very good drone prevention characteristics. With downpipes and our single mid-pipe there is nearly 0 drone. Having the large suitcase muffler helps filter out unwanted frequencies when combined with other free-flow components. There are other midpipes on the market but you will be hard-pressed to find one that provides a better sound profile. We look forward to earning your business.
Appreciate 0