F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Wheels and Tires Items > Vossen vfs-6 20x8.5--need help locating
ARMA SPEED

11-01-2023, 12:25 PM   #1
boredape4
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440

Exclamation Vossen vfs-6 20x8.5--need help locating

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hello All. I'm new to the forum, my name is Nick. I'm located in Orange New Jersey and I work with salvage cars. I just bought a sweet 440 xdrive 2018 from auction to drive personally.
Convertible, msport package, red interior, Harman Kardon, the whole 9 yards--just no heads-up display.
But anyways, the car came with 3 20 inch Vossen VFS-6 rims which were a little banged up but I'm repairing those and one which was completely destroyed beyond repair.
Problem is this is a discontinued rim and nobody has it... nobody.
I've made a stupid amount of phone calls lol and no luck. I tried calling the actual Vossen manufacturers and they also said no luck.
If anyone at all out there for some reason knows someone with this rim or where to find it, greatly appreciated would be an understatement. Thanks all.

TLDR-Need 20x8.5 Vossen VFS-6 rim and cannot locate one. Color doesn't matter for me, preferably silver metallic, but I can always repaint it.

Name:  64112613_Image_1.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  51.9 KB

Name:  64112613_Image_2.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  47.9 KB

Name:  64112613_Image_3.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  64112613_Image_4.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  64112613_Image_7.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  37.1 KB

Name:  64112613_Image_8.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  64112613_Image_11.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  394.4 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  438.6 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  423.0 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  644.7 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  810.4 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  597.4 KB

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 03:04 PM   #2
ZXMarine72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Solution

Dude - Just get all the specs and measurements as well as detailed photos and have a MFG in China make you an exact duplicate. You won't get instant gratification because it may take 6 to 8 weeks to get it but I promise you that nobody will be able to tell the difference. I just had a fully custom set of forged rims built in China to my exact specifications and was amazed at how awesome they are considering what I paid for them. You can literally handle the entire transaction online and they will send you engineering drawings to sign off on as well as photos along the way while your wheel/wheels are being built. Just my suggestion but it would certainly work and then you won't have to worry about the wheel being used or previously repaired ect. By the time you're done fixing these you could have ordered a forged set from China at a similar cost. Will they be as good as BBS or HRE? Nope - but they will look amazing, be light, and be perfect for a daily.
Appreciate 1
rcaso26335.50
      11-09-2023, 03:13 PM   #3
boredape4
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXMarine72 View Post
Dude - Just get all the specs and measurements as well as detailed photos and have a MFG in China make you an exact duplicate. You won't get instant gratification because it may take 6 to 8 weeks to get it but I promise you that nobody will be able to tell the difference. I just had a fully custom set of forged rims built in China to my exact specifications and was amazed at how awesome they are considering what I paid for them. You can literally handle the entire transaction online and they will send you engineering drawings to sign off on as well as photos along the way while your wheel/wheels are being built. Just my suggestion but it would certainly work and then you won't have to worry about the wheel being used or previously repaired ect. By the time you're done fixing these you could have ordered a forged set from China at a similar cost. Will they be as good as BBS or HRE? Nope - but they will look amazing, be light, and be perfect for a daily.
Holy shit your a genius dude. You may have just saved the day. Damn how did I not think about that, really good idea. Damn thanks man
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 07:28 PM   #4
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

https://bmiperformance.com/products/...c-gloss-silver

Found this seller. They have the size and color you want but only in 5x112 bolt pattern. You need a 5x120 bolt pattern. There are 20x9 wheels with a 5x120 bolt pattern.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 08:26 PM   #5
boredape4
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
https://bmiperformance.com/products/...c-gloss-silver

Found this seller. They have the size and color you want but only in 5x112 bolt pattern. You need a 5x120 bolt pattern. There are 20x9 wheels with a 5x120 bolt pattern.
Yeah. I saw this too but if you look up the company on Google they've been out of business for a couple of years. Also if you try to go to checkout there's an error that pops and you can't complete checkout. Thanks for your help anyway though. I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 08:38 PM   #6
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredape4 View Post
Yeah. I saw this too but if you look up the company on Google they've been out of business for a couple of years. Also if you try to go to checkout there's an error that pops and you can't complete checkout. Thanks for your help anyway though. I appreciate it.
Ahh well that sucks. No prob!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 11:06 AM   #7
greyf36
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Grey F36

Curious if you need some body parts?
I have the fenders and hood in mineral grey lol
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 04:41 PM   #8
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Quote:
Can you share the contact info of the company you used?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 02:25 PM   #9
ZXMarine72
Enlisted Member
Rep

TF Auto - You can access them quite easily on Alibaba. I will post some pics of the wheels I had built when I get back home (travelling for work atm). The weight and the build quality really surprised me. I mean obviously these won't be as good as ordering the real thing from some huge brand name but for what I paid for these I am extremely impressed. You just have to be willing to delay your gratification somewhat as it will take some time to build and ship from China. They literally build the wheels when you order them including whatever finish you want (brushed gold in my case).
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2023, 10:51 AM   #10
ZXMarine72
Enlisted Member
Rep

Custom made wheels

See attached for the wheels I had custom made.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 01:42 PM   #11
boredape4
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
Can you share the contact info of the company you used?
You can go on Alibaba and submit what's called a "request for quote" then manufactures will reach out too you. I recommend Guangzhou Megoc International Co., Limited.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 01:45 PM   #12
boredape4
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyf36 View Post
Curious if you need some body parts?
I have the fenders and hood in mineral grey lol
I'm all set on parts appreciate it though haha.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 08:39 PM   #13
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
TF Auto - You can access them quite easily on Alibaba. I will post some pics of the wheels I had built when I get back home (travelling for work atm). The weight and the build quality really surprised me. I mean obviously these won't be as good as ordering the real thing from some huge brand name but for what I paid for these I am extremely impressed. You just have to be willing to delay your gratification somewhat as it will take some time to build and ship from China. They literally build the wheels when you order them including whatever finish you want (brushed gold in my case).
I wouldn’t be surprised if a good chunk of the big name brands are just wheels like this with their logo on them.

In my experience, getting parts on AliExpress has far exceeded my expectations. Sometimes they are half the price of rockauto and better quality. There’s a lot of rebranding out there.

I have replica 437m’s. Most people would never know the difference. I like the look of them but they are heavy AF. Would love to have a set of gunmetal concave wheels made.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 08:42 PM   #14
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what did you pay for them?
Appreciate 0