F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Problem unsolved, someone can help me?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-19-2024, 05:33 PM   #1
elenaceambur
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Problem unsolved, someone can help me?

Hi guys, I'm getting these errors on a BMW f30 2.0 n47. The problem is, in the morning when I first start it after I leave the car stationary for 10-12 hours, it starts normally, the engine sounds normal but it doesn't allow me to accelerate it over 2000 revs, and I get these errors, I leave it on for about 5-10 min , I turn it off and after 15 minutes after I turn it on it recovers as if nothing had happened, and it works normally, shoots normally, runs normally (PS if I turn it on then momentarily and don't leave it for a few minutes it doesn't recover) I cleaned the turbo actuator, you can see how the valve works when you accelerate, the turbine geometry is checked and it's ok, what could it be? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Thank you for help !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 03:19 PM   #2
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

The codes seem to indicate 2 separate issues to me. One on the fuel rail and one on the intake air system.

The fuel rail pressure sensor is showing a short which could be causing the issue. Are all the errors definitely happening at the same time? Have you tried clearing them to see which comes back in the morning?
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2024, 03:36 PM   #3
elenaceambur
Romania
Rep

I deleted them and this morning only 299F00 remained and the same symptom, it doesn't allow me to accelerate and it shows that the error is currently there and after I turn it off and leave it for 10-15 minutes it comes back and the error remains only stored
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 04:33 PM   #4
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

It seems that the Turbo Actuator module could be at fault then - its a not-uncommon fault. The car will go into Limp Home mode with charge pressure faults like this, as a faulty actuator could cause the turbo to fail catastrophically (causing it to over-boost).

Not sure why it eventually starts working properly, but things like engine heat are known to cause sensors to change their behaviour. Maybe it doesn't like being cold!
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2024, 04:40 PM   #5
elenaceambur
Romania
Rep

since the winter season started with temperatures below 0 degrees it started doing this, on warmer days it didn't do this problem
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 06:19 AM   #6
swirlflap
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d

I have the very same issue with my F30 320d. Symptoms just like you described and 299F00 code. Glad I've finally found someone I can relate to. Today I drove to work on limp home mode. Mine mechanic doesn't seem to have a clue what is causing that. I'm going to drop the car to him next week, maybe he'll figure something out. Let's keep in touch!
Appreciate 0