E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Motorcycle repair in Honolulu

09-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Motorcycle repair in Honolulu

I have a 09 Ninja and it took an unfortunate fall. Does anyone here know any good bike mechanics around the Honolulu area that doesn't charge dealer prices?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
808E90
808E90
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M

Contact ... spyderco10 ... He would know!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

sorry to hear that, i feel your pain. did you have insurance for repairs? I'm assuming no since you're looking for a non dealer. um well, i've only taken my bike to cycle sports for repairs, i have a GSXR. but in your case, depending on the damage, it sounds like the most costly thing will be parts, not really labor.

when i low sided on my bike, it was all cosmetic damage. i had insurance so it paid for all the parts, and i installed them myself. i went with mostly OEM parts.

you might want to consider buying parts online, and installing them yourself, again depending on how extensive the damage is. if it's only cosmetics, then you might be able to do them yourself. the prices here are not bad

http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts

also instead of buying OEM parts, you may want to shop for aftermarket. things like bar ends, mirrors, levers, pegs, exhaust, etc. they are usually of hgher quality and in many cases cost less.

as for indpendent repair shops, i don't know of any personally. you could take it to cycle sports for an estimate. they do good work and i trust them. they may however charge for the estimate.

or you may want to try browsing other local motorcyle forums to see if they can recommend a good bike repair shop. good luck!
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 03:56 AM   #4
RGuard250
Titanium TCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Appreciate it! It was a small slide down a ramp during the rain. The left fairing and undertail got scratched. The only damage besides that was the rear set. The clutch pedal is stuck and I can't shift. Everything else I can go aftermarket (i.e. bar sliders, fender eliminator, ect.) If you know how to change out fairings and a rear set I will buy you the biggest dinner ever!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 02:54 AM   #5
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

yeah it doesn't sound like the damage is that bad. fairings are easy to change out. rears sets, im not too sure about. it depends on the bike. like for my gsxr, i think it's pretty easy (but i'm not too sure, i haven't looked at it too closely). i also have a ducati. that's not so easy. the rear sets are attached to the swingarm bolt, which needs to be removed to remove the rear sets. but your entire rear sets may not been to be replaced. if only the pegs or shifter is damaged you may be able to just change those out.
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0