F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Jlevi SW | Two (2) Employment Opportunities Available
proTUNING Freaks

10-26-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Jlevi SW | Two (2) Employment Opportunities Available

Greetings all
As always, we are welcoming forum members to apply for some new openings we have. Please read the requirements before submitting an application.

Sales Position
Responsibilities include:
  • Answering Phone calls in Sales & Support Department
  • Meeting monthly minimum sales goals
  • Tend to Live Chat and AIM requests in a timely fashion
  • Answering emails within 1 hour during business hours
  • Answering emails periodically during evenings and weekends
  • Returning voicemails
  • Combing all forums, answering questions, educating potential customers, and making sure products are properly represented and exposed
  • Interact with other employees on strategic planning
  • Contact customers where information is needed, acting as a go-between when required by Order Operations department
  • Create forum postings for new products
  • Stay current on product and market knowledge in order to better understand consumer needs and trends.
  • Report trends and industry happenings to the rest of the company once a week.

Qualification Requirements:
  • Bachelor's Degree (or higher) from a 4-year university. Current students need not apply.
  • Proficiency with internet technologies such as forums, VOIP, email, and photoshop.
  • Full-time availability from 9AM-5PM Mondays-Fridays
  • 2 Years sales experience
  • High level of efficiency and organization
  • Aptitude towards research, ability to answer one's own questions and solve problems independently
  • Ability to excel under pressure
  • Goal-oriented individual looking for long-term employment & potential stake in company ownership/management
  • Meticulous work ethic

Click Here to Apply

=======================

Book Keeping & Administration Position
Responsibilities include:
  • Emails from other employees, vendors
  • Check bank account balances, transfer funds where necessary
  • Post all invoices, Bills, Retail Sales, & Expenses to Quickbooks
  • Months-end close as well as providing reporting functions on-demand. -------These reports will include but not be limited to: Profit, profitability, expenses, inventory, sales trends, etc.
  • Sales tax preparation
  • Pay Vendors on time, according to their preferred payment terms and methods
  • Reorder inventory items, send PO's to vendors for inventory, keep shelves stocked with appropriate amount of product, and prevent backorders wherever possible by determining lead times
  • May need to process shipments if Order Operations is on understaffed due to vacation schedules

• Bachelor's degree from a fully-accredited university. Current students also welcome to apply.
  • 2 Years MINIMUM Quickbooks Experience
  • Experience in Retail company, preferably mail order or eCommerce
  • In-depth understanding of accounting practices and principle
  • Inventory management experience
  • 2-3 Hours a day availability
  • Ability to work well with others, good work-place rapport, positive attitude
  • Ability to function well under pressure
  • Familiarity with Quickbooks' bank-account linked functionalities such as DirectPay, etc
  • Natural problem-solver

Click Here to Apply

Once again, the requirements above are inflexible.
All employees are hired initially on a "trial" basis. Formal employment contracts to be negotiated upon a one-month evaluation.

We thank you all very much for your interest, and hope to have a new member of our team very shortly!

Best regards from our entire staff!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
808six
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 335 COUPE

somebody in CA jump on this, sounds like a fun job with a great company!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Im not looking for a job but I dont qualify for half that stuff, lol. You need some internet savvy car enthusiasts. And make sure they are good with customer service, cause ive dealt with you and its been great. Dont want no slackers joining the team.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808six View Post
somebody in CA jump on this, sounds like a fun job with a great company!
Truthfully? It's a dream job. Play with fast cars (sometimes even drive them), you get huge discounts on everything for your own car, you talk to cool people all day, wear a T-Shirt to work every day, and the pay aint bad either.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:21 PM   #5
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Truthfully? It's a dream job. Play with fast cars (sometimes even drive them), you get huge discounts on everything for your own car, you talk to cool people all day, wear a T-Shirt to work every day, and the pay aint bad either.
I plan on applying once i graduate, so hold a position open for me

Best regards,
guardian

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark335i View Post
If only you weren't located 6-7 hours away...

Best regards,
dark335i
If only they weren't accross the county

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
  • Bachelor's Degree (or higher) from a 4-year university. Current students need not apply.
  • Proficiency with internet technologies such as forums, VOIP, email, and photoshop.
  • Full-time availability from 9AM-5PM Mondays-Fridays
  • 2 Years sales experience
  • High level of efficiency and organization
  • Aptitude towards research, ability to answer one's own questions and solve problems independently
  • Ability to excel under pressure
  • Goal-oriented individual looking for long-term employment & potential stake in company ownership/management
  • Meticulous work ethic
I don't want to come off like an asshole, but I have 2 degrees and I couldn't think of anyone (including myself) with more than a bachelor's degree that would do sales.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
I don't want to come off like an asshole, but I have 2 degrees and I couldn't think of anyone (including myself) with more than a bachelor's degree that would do sales.
I would

You don't have to make it your career. I think it would be extremely fun to do for a few years while I'm young.

Best regards,
guardian

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Some people just love sales jobs. It's all one of my friends wanted to do out of college.

Right now I think I'd take anything that would guarantee me $55-60k, which would be a $10-20K pay cut. My current employment may be looking shaky here in the coming months due to one of our biggest client trying to take the job my company performs for them in house.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #10
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Some people just love sales jobs. It's all one of my friends wanted to do out of college.

Right now I think I'd take anything that would guarantee me $55-60k, which would be a $10-20K pay cut. My current employment may be looking shaky here in the coming months due to one of our biggest client trying to take the job my company performs for them in house.
Do you have more than 1 degree?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Do you have more than 1 degree?
No just undergrad currently. If a job was to hire me but stipulated I have to go back and get another degree(MBA, etc.) I'd be down. I just had no need at the time to get another degree so didn't want to spend the money.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:39 PM   #12
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No just undergrad currently. If a job was to hire me but stipulated I have to go back and get another degree(MBA, etc.) I'd be down. I just had no need at the time to get another degree so didn't want to spend the money.
So you'd be willing to take a 20K pay cut on stipulation that you'll need to get an MBA? That's pretty crazy.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:45 PM   #13
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
So you'd be willing to take a 20K pay cut on stipulation that you'll need to get an MBA? That's pretty crazy.
No, that's not exactly what I was saying. My company is on shaky grounds right now. I also do a very specific task that anyone else in my field won't make the number I make because I am a part owner, nor do I think if I jumped into another field would I get paid what I make. It's pretty unsettling knowing I may be taking a major paycut regardless of what I'm doing in the next few months.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #14
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

the accounting one seems interesting to bad im all the way in nj
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:49 PM   #15
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No, that's not exactly what I was saying. My company is on shaky grounds right now. I also do a very specific task that anyone else in my field won't make the number I make because I am a part owner, nor do I think if I jumped into another field would I get paid what I make. It's pretty unsettling knowing I may be taking a major paycut regardless of what I'm doing in the next few months.
Sorry about your situation. I wish I could help you. I'm in a very specialized area in my field as well, so I know how that is. If I were to leave my office, there would only be a small number of other companies substantially similar to mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #16
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry about your situation. I wish I could help you. I'm in a very specialized area in my field as well, so I know how that is. If I were to leave my office, there would only be a small number of other companies substantially similar to mine.
At least you seem to be in a better scenario. You're just an empolyee making good money. I'm a co-owner making good money. If I jump ship to another company in my field I'll get raked over the coals.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
I think it depends what you are selling. Car parts, no. Derivatives, yes.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #18
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At least you seem to be in a better scenario. You're just an empolyee making good money. I'm a co-owner making good money. If I jump ship to another company in my field I'll get raked over the coals.
I think we may have different definitions of good money, but I do understand. Maybe you can convince your client to take you on as a consultant.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #19
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
I think it depends what you are selling. Car parts, no. Derivatives, yes.
I think most people knew I was referring to tangible goods.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #20
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

yomama69 - You'd be surprised in this economy. I know kids who graduated from Berkeley with double majors in MCB and Bio engineering and couldn't find jobs. Sad state, but luckily, that means there are a lot of gifted people out there willing to consider a sales job!

Also, the requirement is a bachelor's, not multiple degrees
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #21
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Out of curiosity, how much does a job like that pay? Either one. Just curious because I haven't worked in retail or sales in a long time.
      10-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #22
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

To be negotiated - and we really can't post even a rough estimate, as this is someone who will be on this forum daily. Having customers know his or her income would be very uncomfortable for that person.
Appreciate 0