F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Trip to Belgium and Netherlands
GetBMWParts

06-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
towski1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i & 08 M Roadster

Trip to Belgium and Netherlands

The wife and I are thinking about a Europe trip in early September. Current best idea is Amsterdam, Brussels and Brugges. We have about 8 days. Anyone live in one of these cities that could suggest why this may/or may not be a good itinerary? Thoughts on must see sights would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Google the weather[thenorm}. i would try to hit france while you are there maybe germany. my guess would b e it would be cheaper but you miss out on the beach but you arent going for that so google it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Been to all of them....

All of them are awesome... You'll have a good time. I liked Brussels and Bruges especially.

As far as itineraries, you got me. LOL. You'll eventually end up on the main square in BXL. Go over to Leonidas and Neuhaus and just eat chocolate until you think you are going to die.

When I was in Brussels (3 full days) I think I only had one real meal... The rest of the time I was eating one of three things:

1. Fries in a cone with killer aiolis
2. Waffels drenched in Chocolate
3. Fresh Made Chocolate Candy.

Bruges is really cool in a medieval sort of way, I was only there for a couple days, but its cool to city the "city walls" and the gates where it could literally be closed off.

In Amsterdam make sure you go to the Van Gogh and Rijks museums. Obviously the Heinekin/Amstel tours are a good bet. Heinekin is SO_MUCH_BETTER when its fresh. Take a swing through the red-light district just to say you've been there, it's quite an experience and it's quite safe, the pimps make sure it is..

That's all I got.. haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Yeah i heard they have great frites beer prarlines and waffles. isnt there an int forum here?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
towski1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Been to all of them....

All of them are awesome... You'll have a good time. I liked Brussels and Bruges especially.

As far as itineraries, you got me. LOL. You'll eventually end up on the main square in BXL. Go over to Leonidas and Neuhaus and just eat chocolate until you think you are going to die.

When I was in Brussels (3 full days) I think I only had one real meal... The rest of the time I was eating one of three things:

Bruges is really cool in a medieval sort of way, I was only there for a couple days, but its cool to city the "city walls" and the gates where it could literally be closed off.

In Amsterdam make sure you go to the Van Gogh and Rijks museums. Obviously the Heinekin/Amstel tours are a good bet. Heinekin is SO_MUCH_BETTER when its fresh. Take a swing through the red-light district just to say you've been there, it's quite an experience and it's quite safe, the pimps make sure it is..

That's all I got.. haha.
Great stuff Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Been to all of them....

That's all I got.. haha.
I concur with all of this. I would suggest to go in August since the weather is generally better and a lot of locals are on vacations for the whole month in Southern France so it's less crowded.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Belgium is sweet but I totally second the France idea...my favorite country I've been to other than Uhmerrica obviously
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #8
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Belgium is sweet but I totally second the France idea...my favorite country I've been to other than Uhmerrica obviously
You obviously have never been to Québec.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmeloche View Post
You obviously have never been to Québec.
nope
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #10
towski1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

We were in Paris last year, but I do want to get back and see more of the country. I think we'll take this trip at a leisurely pace, so adding on France would be a bit much.

Looking at last week of August/first of September. Hopefully we can take advantage of good weather and miss the peak of the summer season.

Keep the suggestions coming. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 04:51 AM   #11
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
while you're in Belgium. hit up Antwerp.
It gets overlooked a lot and it is a very nice city

I recommend the Hilton in Antwerp. I am not one to recommend Hiltons except for the one in Athens and Antwerp.

make sure to check out the appleman church (if memory serves me right).