E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment question

07-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Alignment question

I am going in for an alignment tomorrow with my JIC suspension and m3 front control arms.

What should I ask for?

I would like it to perform but not to eat tires too badly.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

There are no right answers to this question. Suspension TUNING is all about compromises. You compromise comfort, wear/longevity for PERFORMANCE AND GRIP. There's no way around it. If you want tire longevity then you have to go with as little camber up front as necessary and zero toe or some toe-in. If you want some performance to go with it then you absolutely need significant camber, and some toe-out if you're willing to go all out and sacrifice tire life.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
There are no right answers to this question. Suspension TUNING is all about compromises. You compromise comfort, wear/longevity for PERFORMANCE AND GRIP. There's no way around it. If you want tire longevity then you have to go with as little camber up front as necessary and zero toe or some toe-in. If you want some performance to go with it then you absolutely need significant camber, and some toe-out if you're willing to go all out and sacrifice tire life.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Could not have said it better myself
Appreciate 0