E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Want to lower just front end to fix the 335xi rake...

08-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep
Drives: FORD WINDSTAR MINIVAN

Want to lower just front end to fix the 335xi rake...

I want to lower my 335xi but I see pictures of other XIs after they lower both the front and the back and I DO NOT like the fact the back still sits lower than the front. So I wanted to lower just the front on mine to fix the rake (front end gap exceeding the back end gap).

Do you know if the different spring rates are going to cause a serious issue but I imagine rear and front lowering springs have different spring rates any way right? Any cons to lowering just the front? Thanks.
      08-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
I remember a vendor on here selling a front perch kit or something like that....basically it does what your looking for which is to lower the front end. They said it would "help." I'm not sure how much lower it goes but I think they quoted me $80 shipped?

Search the vendor sub forum

Also you can mix springs....I've seen H&R race in front and H&R sport in the back.

Or OEM sport in the back and H&R sport in the front. (Can't remember if this was the combo so don't hold me to that)

You can also go with coilovers for a bit more and adjust the front and back at your desired height....aka the way it should be done.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
I remember a vendor on here selling a front perch kit or something like that....basically it does what your looking for which is to lower the front end. They said it would "help." I'm not sure how much lower it goes but I think they quoted me $80 shipped?

Search the vendor sub forum

Also you can mix springs....I've seen H&R race in front and H&R sport in the back.

Or OEM sport in the back and H&R sport in the front. (Can't remember if this was the combo so don't hold me to that)

You can also go with coilovers for a bit more and adjust the front and back at your desired height....aka the way it should be done.
I know how it should be done but I'm just about done putting money in to this car. I want to make the height a little more aggresive and put a different FMIC on then I'm done. On to the next one after that, Lambo Gallardo. This is to be my fun daily driver. Also, I am going to replace my wife's car and I'm looking for something fun and AWD with that so might go for something with the 4 rings.
      08-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #4
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Ive got some custom made spring perches around here somewhere.. ill drop you a PM tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven 328 View Post
Ive got some custom made spring perches around here somewhere.. ill drop you a PM tomorrow
Yeah let me know!
      08-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #6
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Am I reading that right, you're buying a Lambo Gallardo?

I was asking this same question when I started and got ignored. I figured it was a stupid question so I just went with H&R sport and I think it's pretty damn level..maybe it looks just slightly raked...either way, I didn't want the rake look either...

You should just go with coilovers and that solves all your problems with this issue..

But you have an XI so I don't know if that changes the equation...
      08-17-2010, 12:17 PM   #7
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post

I was asking this same question when I started and got ignored. I figured it was a stupid question so I just went with H&R sport and I think it's pretty damn level..maybe it looks just slightly raked...either way, I didn't want the rake look either...

You should just go with coilovers and that solves all your problems with this issue..

But you have an XI so I don't know if that changes the equation...
There's a huge difference between the front end gaps of the XI and the I. Here is what I'm talking about, a lowered XI.

08-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Fapout
Zwhore Sdrive35i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
And yes... not brand new but it's not like the used ones are cheap though.