Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Buy a spare set or just tires?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Buy a spare set or just tires?

I was thinking of buying a set of track wheels and tires (i used to have some, sold them since I didn't think I'd get another BMW)

But I haven't really found a good set for sale within my budget (would like to keep tire/wheel costs under $600)

I can buy a set of wheels/tires for about that price, maybe a little more...OR I can use my friend's used NT555s I have been trying to sell (a good amount of thread left on them) on my stock 18s.

Cause I really don't want to track the runflats..they suck and are expensive.

I would also not like to use my DPEs on the track... that thought is just scary.

So.... question is:
Buy a new wheel/tire combo for $600-800

or spend $200+$40 (mount/balance) on my OEM rims

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

(P.S. I didn't post it in the track section since this section always gets 10x more views hehe; but mods, please do free to move if you feel it's for the best)
Appreciate 0