E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Another "is this a good enough?" deal...

10-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #1
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Another "is this a good enough?" deal...

I got the dealer to come down to $42985 for:

330i
Step, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Navigation, metallic paint.

Invoice $42005.

there's a $100 doc fee.
I got him to come down from $43205...he met me in the middle of my counter offer. Should I push my luck and try to take another $100 or so off?

Oh...the dealer is about 3 hrs away also...so I gotta factor in gas to get there..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

Hey not a bad deal for $980 over invoice. The cheapest I found is 800 over invoice. Are you dealing with VOB in DC area? Sometimes I do want the dealer to make so money so that we can have better service than say going to a Dodge Dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

This is Passport in MD. I know what you mean, but I won't be getting service done there it's 250 miles away. I'm hoping I can use them as leverage for my local dealer.

Last edited by natalia; 10-27-2005 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #4
BayAreaBMWFan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328 2013

I think anything under $1000 over invoice is a great deal on a 2006 non-ED car. Make sure that they are not low-balling the trade or marking up the lease.

And it does not really matter if you get the car serviced at a different dealership than the one which sold you the car. The service and sales depts are different units and operate independently. Passport has a reputation of being a good clean and competitive dealer on the sales side. If you have spent time talking to them and getting a killer deal, you should try and get it from them.

No point using their offer to negotiate with the local dealer. The local dealer has a limited number of cars to sell and knows the local market. He/She knows that he can get more than $1000 for his car. If you plan to use them for service, you not gain much by arm-twisting them too much. Why leave a bad taste when you need to deal with them in the future. After all $100 is just two tanks of gas.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 06:02 PM   #5
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaBMWFan
No point using their offer to negotiate with the local dealer. The local dealer has a limited number of cars to sell and knows the local market. He/She knows that he can get more than $1000 for his car. If you plan to use them for service, you not gain much by arm-twisting them too much. Why leave a bad taste when you need to deal with them in the future. After all $100 is just two tanks of gas.

Yeah I guess you are right. I guess it's just a pride thing, ya know!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Any deal south of $1k is an excellent deal ED or no-ED. I would put my deposit down.

Is the car on the lot or have to order it?

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 11:18 PM   #7
jomamma
Rep
n/a
Drives:

DEALER DEMO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia
I got the dealer to come down to $42985 for:

330i
Step, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Navigation, metallic paint.

Invoice $42005.

there's a $100 doc fee.
I got him to come down from $43205...he met me in the middle of my counter offer. Should I push my luck and try to take another $100 or so off?

Oh...the dealer is about 3 hrs away also...so I gotta factor in gas to get there..
Make sure you don't get a car with a lot of miles on it... maybe even a car that's been raped around the dealership lot a few times... You will always get a good deal from the "dealership demo" AKA "raped" car.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2005, 11:23 AM   #8
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok...so I closed the deal today.

The Maryland guy had a lower price and processing fee: out the door about $44450. But I went with the local dealer. His offer was $300 more (before taxes) and after taxes and processing it came out to be $44870. After thinking about it hard for about 5 minutes, I decided to take the local guy's deal.

Reason I'm paying over is because it would cost me about $100 to get to MD. And not to mention my time. Also, i liked the local guy the best outta all the salesmen I talked to. When he gave me his initial price, about $2500 over invoice, I told him about the other offer I got. But flat out said I didn't want to low ball him and ask him to go any lower than MD. So after he did his number crunching we came to an agreeable price.

I'm satisfied with the deal I made, considering this was the first time I've ever negotiated a deal. I feel that $1280 over invoice is a pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2005, 12:13 PM   #9
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

I think Congratulation is in order . Congrats and many happy returns. Your reasoning makes sense and it is a good to buy from the local guy, Just don’t fall in love with him, , j/k.

As for now my local guy is 2K more than the dealer who is about 1.5 hours drive away. I have some time, since I am planning order mine before Nov 15.

BTW, I can’t remember your colors prefernece……. What colors did you order, M. blue and Tarra; that are the colors I am thinking now. My backup color is Black S. Cheers.

uD
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2005, 12:22 PM   #10
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by underDAWG
I think Congratulation is in order . Congrats and many happy returns. Your reasoning makes sense and it is a good to buy from the local guy, Just don’t fall in love with him, , j/k.

As for now my local guy is 2K more than the dealer who is about 1.5 hours drive away. I have some time, since I am planning order mine before Nov 15.

BTW, I can’t remember your colors prefernece……. What colors did you order, M. blue and Tarra; that are the colors I am thinking now. My backup color is Black S. Cheers.

uD
I think you should wait til after thanksgiving (end of month). I hear that is the best time to deal. If you are in the DC/Maryland aread I suggest you contact Passport. $2k more is alot. I'd go the extra 1.5hrs. As for the colors, I went with SG and black leather. I went the safe route with both. I liked the Terra, but couldn't get past the gray ceiling. And Monaco Blue was a close second. I didn't go with it because of the cleaning factor. I liked the gray interior as well, but again would get dirty faster. I'm sure I will contemplate colors this weekend, since I have time to change them still.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2005, 10:50 PM   #11
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia
Ok...so I closed the deal today.

I'm satisfied with the deal I made, considering this was the first time I've ever negotiated a deal. I feel that $1280 over invoice is a pretty good.
Congrats as long as you're happy with the deal then that's all really matters. So what's your ETA?

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0