Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > HELP with FITMENT

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
jpark1125
jpark1125
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i coupe

HELP with FITMENT

hi, i drive the 2007 335i COUPE
and im planning to fit ADVAN RS
front: 19x9 22et 235/35/19 (hankook ventus v12)
rear: 19x10 20et 255/35/19 (falken 452)

i already have my FENDERS ROLLED
i will be putting it on the SPORT STOCK suspension.
would i rub?
would a camber alignment be necessary to not rub?
if the camber alignment isn't enough what else could i do to not make it rub?
(want to keep my SPORT STOCK suspensin)

PLEASE HELP!!!!
thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark1125 View Post
hi, i drive the 2007 335i COUPE
and im planning to fit ADVAN RS
front: 19x9 22et 235/35/19 (hankook ventus v12)
rear: 19x10 20et 255/35/19 (falken 452)

i already have my FENDERS ROLLED
i will be putting it on the SPORT STOCK suspension.
would i rub?
would a camber alignment be necessary to not rub?
if the camber alignment isn't enough what else could i do to not make it rub?
(want to keep my SPORT STOCK suspensin)

PLEASE HELP!!!!
thank you!
The fronts are about 1mm more aggressive than the most aggressive fitment I've been able to fit up front, but the fact that the 9" wheel will give a slightlyyy more stretch than an 8.5" should make it work, plus you're on stock height whereas I'm at 0 finger gap height. If anything just the tiniest bit of camber can fix it, but I doubt you'll need to.

The rears did you mean 255/30/19? If not you definitely should go with 30 sidewall. As for the fitment, from what I recall even at stock height the rear is pretty low, so you'll probably need a fender roll with that setup. I know that at a lowered height you will need a solid fender roll and camber setup to make that fit and probably still rub a bit so I'm guessing the same will apply to you, but don't take my word for it, let someone else with more experience at stock height chime in.

IN SUMMARY:
Fronts: Should be okay
Rears: Most likely will require fender rolling and camber at least.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
jpark1125
jpark1125
United_States
Rep

thanks!
i have my rear fenders rolled already.
when you mean slight rub? would that be like in bumps?
or normal driving like corning and acceleration?
and about how much camber would i need in the rear?
thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark1125 View Post
thanks!
i have my rear fenders rolled already.
when you mean slight rub? would that be like in bumps?
or normal driving like corning and acceleration?
and about how much camber would i need in the rear?
thank you!
I have no experience with the stock suspension so I can't give you full details and I'm not sure how aggressively your fenders are rolled so I can't give you 100% accurate info.

Up front I have -1.1 camber with a similar setup to yours with a 225 tire on a slammed car and there's plenty of room and no rubbing issues whatsoever.

For the rear rubbing yes I meant during bumps, when you're driving on a smooth surface at stock height there's enough room for clearance. I just noticed that it's a 255 on a 10" so there is a bit of stretch allowing you some more room, I think you should be able to make it work faily easily.

What I would do is just put them on and drive around for a bit and see how much and how often you rub. Throwing in a bumpstop (thanks tee for this valueable info) will also help you out a LOT with rubbing.

Maybe try putting in some bumpstops and see how often you rub. If it's every once in a while just on big dips I'd say screw it you're fine. If you're rubbing driving around in the city all the time, you can kind of eyeball and calculate how much camber you need. Figure out how many mm of more clearance you need and then dial in the camber according to that.

The highest edge of a 255 on a 10" wheel will only be a couple mm more out than a 265 on a 9.5" with a 30mm offset, so according to that you're good to go. The next question that comes into play is if you're suspension is allowing enough movement for the fender to come into contact with the sidewall. The best way to check for that is just driving around.

By adding a degree of camber you'll gain a bit over 5mm of clearance and at that point you should be moooooore than good to go.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
jpark1125
jpark1125
United_States
Rep

thanks so much dr. g!!
but what are bumpstops?
is it hard to put on? what is it exactly?
how is it going to help me?
thanks and sorry im very new to this lol

Last edited by jpark1125; 04-23-2012 at 06:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #6
Beas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Skyline

just look at your stock wheels then use the fitment calculator up top. if u think it will be really close or even touching the fender a bit, then u can just get a little bit of neg camber and be fine.

wouldn't u rather do the math yourself than listen to some random guy tell u about some wheels he tried to fit back in the day.

good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

9" et22 with 235 on stock suspension isn't a problem
      04-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

How rolled/pulled are your fenders? I can't really answer your question straight up but here are my specs for comparison:

2006 E90 pre-lci (un-altered fenders and no camber kits)

Suspension:

Sport Shocks + H&R sports

Wheels: VMR
F:19x8.5 et 25
R:19x9.5 et 22

Tires: Yokohama S-Drive
F: 235/35
R: 245/35

Issues:

Rubs occasionally in the front driver side but it might be my shop's misalignment* of the front bumper since front passenger HARDLY rubs -- only on medium-big to big dips. Rears will rub occasionally but it's mostly the lining so I don't really mind.

To fix my problem for the front, I'll have to run maybe a 30 instead of 35 or just stretch my tires more or just fix my bumper.

Keep in mind that the pre-lci e90s will have a little more clearance than its e92 counterpart. Hopefully that helps a bit.