F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Multiple Security Deposits
ARMA SPEED

09-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Multiple Security Deposits

Hey guys, I’m thinking of putting down for a lease of a 435 M Sport, Multiple Security Deposits. For those of you who are knowledgeable on this subject, I have few questions. Would I be reimbursed/given back, the full amount I deposit now in three years? Does the full refund depend on the car being intact/spotless? Are there any stipulations at all? Or can they keep some portion due to banged up car, or scratches, or etc? Any informative input from experience or etc would be most certainly appreciated. Thanks my dudes!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Cup o' Joe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: IS350 F Sport

Your info says you're in NY. Be aware that due to some state laws, your security deposit cannot exceed $750 (I believe, I know it is a certain amount). BMW does not offer multiple security deposits in NY. You may go out of state to take advantage of it.

You are giving BMW a lump sum of money for a period of time. Your return on investment is the amount of money you save by the lower interest rate that BMW leases the car out to you for. (grabbed that from the F10 forum)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
E92Carrera
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup o' Joe View Post
Your info says you're in NY. Be aware that due to some state laws, your security deposit cannot exceed $750 (I believe, I know it is a certain amount). BMW does not offer multiple security deposits in NY. You may go out of state to take advantage of it.

You are giving BMW a lump sum of money for a period of time. Your return on investment is the amount of money you save by the lower interest rate that BMW leases the car out to you for. (grabbed that from the F10 forum)
Being more specific to your question yes BMW returns your money when you return your lease. But like you mentioned, any lease return damage that the dealer notifies you of will reduce the amount of deposit that returns to you. Unless you pay for the damage separately, but then it's a moot point isn't it?

2011 E92 Space Gray - M-Sport - Euro Delivery

2008 E92 Black Sapphire - Black Interior - Aluminum Trim
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
328AL
Lieutenant
Belarus
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post
Hey guys, I’m thinking of putting down for a lease of a 435 M Sport, Multiple Security Deposits. For those of you who are knowledgeable on this subject, I have few questions. Would I be reimbursed/given back, the full amount I deposit now in three years? Does the full refund depend on the car being intact/spotless? Are there any stipulations at all? Or can they keep some portion due to banged up car, or scratches, or etc? Any informative input from experience or etc would be most certainly appreciated. Thanks my dudes!
It's not like you have a choice to pay for damages or not. They are going to get you one way or another, unless you file a BK. You can buy a safe return insurance policy if it's offered, and not to worry about the whole thing at all. Alternatively, you essentially prepay with MSDs, which is also not a bad idea, unless you think you need cash more now than you would in 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #5
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Thank you gentlemen...or gentlewomen...
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

BMW will return the MSD's minus the cost for any damages (as explained by my sales advisor)

you live in NYC (as do i).....dealerships in NY will NOT give you MSDs.....however if you go to NJ, they can do this for you.