F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > South Africa Build Week 36 Question
GetBMWParts

09-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

South Africa Build Week 36 Question

So after getting my order wrong, the dealership ordered me a new car but unfortunately it is planned for production out of South Africa. I was told that it was a week 36 build which started Monday, September 2nd. We are now in the middle of Week 37 and the car production number is still not recognized by the BMWUSA site, and the 1800 number says it is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date.

I assume this means that the plant is backed up, which I could accept, but since no one really knows what is happening at the plant level, I was wondering if anyone here has a car in production in South Africa that is also being delayed.

Anyone in the same boat?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
trinidon
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' 335i Xdrive Msport enroute

Garage List
Im in a similar situation. I placed order for my car on August 13th and was told that South Africa build was only available for 335i xDrive and the estimated completion date was 9/5/13 from my Sales Advisor. BMW NA site did not recognize my production number to add vehicle. 800 # said on 9/4/13 my estimated completion date was moved to 9/25/13. When I spoke to BMW Customer Service they advised car went into production 8/28/13. I've been having computer issues accessing BMW NA site to get updates. It appears that there are delays on the production line. My Sales Advisor hasn't been getting me much updates either (very frustrated about that).

I finally got the VIN # today from BMW NA Customer Service so that's a positive sign in my opinion.

Good Luck and hope you get a VIN soon. From what i've been reading on threads im expecting 4-6 weeks transit time after completion so I'm not expecting to see my car until first of second week in November.
2014 335i xDrive ///M sport | ZMT | Estoril Blue | Black Dakota Leather Black | Piano Trim |ZMM | ZCW | ZDA | ZDB | ZDH | ZPP | ZTP | 337 M sport Package | 400M Wheels | Increased Top Limiter | 2NH M sport brakes | Power/Manual Shades | HK.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
jetbill
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Get ready for a long wait.
If I would do it again I would not do a SA build.

It will be 4 months in October.
      09-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Trinidon: That is a strange turn of events. How were you getting estimated completion dates? I thought that was only possible AFTER they started production.

And I also thought VIN# were only available once it finished production as well.

In my case, I just want to see the thing start moving, but now you've added even more issues to worry about. It sounds like the typical 9-10 production cycle could be alot longer with delays in between.

Meanwhile my other order is on a boat already a few days from the east coast....I was in a compromised situation this time but next time, Munich build or no sale.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
jetbill
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100
Trinidon: That is a strange turn of events. How were you getting estimated completion dates? I thought that was only possible AFTER they started production.

And I also thought VIN# were only available once it finished production as well.

In my case, I just want to see the thing start moving, but now you've added even more issues to worry about. It sounds like the typical 9-10 production cycle could be alot longer with delays in between.

Meanwhile my other order is on a boat already a few days from the east coast....I was in a compromised situation this time but next time, Munich build or no sale.
Is your other order on the Valiant Ace?
      09-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
trinidon
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' 335i Xdrive Msport enroute

Garage List
Quote:

I agree very strange. Ill be calling my SA later today to see what he says about progress. Wait time sucks. I was going to do Euro Delivery if they were able to get me a slot in Germany but my SA said there were none available. My SA also advised that the 1k from BMW Event will be honored if car is delivered after 10/31 due to delays in production.
2014 335i xDrive ///M sport | ZMT | Estoril Blue | Black Dakota Leather Black | Piano Trim |ZMM | ZCW | ZDA | ZDB | ZDH | ZPP | ZTP | 337 M sport Package | 400M Wheels | Increased Top Limiter | 2NH M sport brakes | Power/Manual Shades | HK.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbill View Post
Is your other order on the Valiant Ace?
Mine isn't even in production. My original post asked if anyone else had seen a delay recently in the production cycle for South Africa builds.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinidon View Post
I agree very strange. Ill be calling my SA later today to see what he says about progress. Wait time sucks. I was going to do Euro Delivery if they were able to get me a slot in Germany but my SA said there were none available. My SA also advised that the 1k from BMW Event will be honored if car is delivered after 10/31 due to delays in production.
My dealer also assured me he would honor the same price with incentive.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Mine isn't even in production. My original post asked if anyone else had seen a delay recently in the production cycle for South Africa builds.
Duh....Sorry - I misread your post. It is on Asian Emperor.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Duh....Sorry - I misread your post. It is on Asian Emperor.
Anyone else with a SA build currently that can tell me if they have been delayed?
Appreciate 0