F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > ED during Tour de France?
ARMA SPEED

09-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 6spd, Cayman GTS 4.0

ED during Tour de France?

I'm an avid cyclist and plan to combine an ED with riding some of the most iconic climbs of the Tour de France. The trip would be even better if I could catch a stage or two. How feasible is it to get a late June or early July ED date with things like summer holiday and model year switch over factory shut downs?

I'm ordering an F80, but I figured this question would get more trafic here.
      09-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^Considering we have no set in stone info on when the f80M or the f82M is going to be released for ED or even US orders for that matter its hard to give you an answer on that question. If I had to guess I would say you should be able "if" you are already on a list somewhere. The reason I say if you are on a list is bc if BMW makes US dealers take the ED orders out of US allocations then you will need to be up near the top of the list of a dealer or find a dealer who has an open early spot for when the car is first released to lock in such a early date since the car is going to be so hot when they first come out. Also we have no idea how many allocations each dealer will get. If a dealer only gets 2 allocations a month and ED orders are going to be taken out of US allocations then you are going to find it very hard for a dealer to give up a ED order for a US allocation spot especially that early in the game. Each dealer will want to use the first allocations they get for a US delivery bc they make more off US orders then ED orders. Also you will see a lot of dealers (not us) marking these cars up a lot when they first come out This seems to be a trend that we see, and if the allocations are minimum for each dealer you can almost bet on it.

I would suggest if you want to try and accomplish this you should find a dealer ASAP and get on a list. If you are able to get a dealer who has a really short list (no more then 4) you should be sitting pretty to try and accomplish your goal depending on release date.

(speculation and rumors are orders start in Jan or feb 2014 ED starts in March April US deliveries start in mid to late summer, all speculation no official dates released to us dealers yet)

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the feedback! I'd actually be looking at a summer 2015 order to let the hype & rush die down a little after the F80 release and for any potential new car bugs to be sorted.
      09-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^In that case you should be able to work what your are looking to do out. I would start to lock in your deal and build around end of 2014. this way the sales rep you decide to buy from can speculate a good time to place the order and delivery so it lands on the dates your looking for.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome, thanks!