F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Fuse Box Location F30 335i Jan 2013 build.
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-26-2014, 06:11 AM   #1
SteveAus
Second Lieutenant
SteveAus's Avatar
Australia
22
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Fuse Box Location F30 335i Jan 2013 build.

Help!

Does anyone know the location of the fuse box(es) in a Jan build 2013 335i?

I've been searching around the car (and the internet) and have deduced that the fuse box:
is not in the upper left corner of the engine bay,
is not next to the battery and
is not located in the boot under the floor mat (my model has well for storing secret bits and pieces where other cars seem to have the fuse box located).
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport, Glacier Silver, 19 403M, M-Adaptive Suspension, M-Brakes, M-Steering Wheel, Variable Sports Steering, HUD, SatNav, Heated Sports Seats, Surround View Cameras, Park Assist, HK Sound, Rear Roller Blind, CF Front Lip, Grills and Rear Spoiler, BlackVue Dashcams.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:34 AM   #2
HFW003
Colonel
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
1905
Rep
2,673
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Mate I think the fuse box is in the boot right up behind the back seats, don't quote me though.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #3
knightsabers
Major
knightsabers's Avatar
Australia
407
Rep
1,376
Posts

Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I thought they would all be in the same place, maybe the in car manual might indicate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #4
HFW003
Colonel
HFW003's Avatar
Australia
1905
Rep
2,673
Posts

Drives: MY19 LBB M2 Comp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

iTrader: (0)

I'm not sure but on mine I believe it is under the black plastic cover which is over the "fake" battery terminal in the engine bay?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #5
knightsabers
Major
knightsabers's Avatar
Australia
407
Rep
1,376
Posts

Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Here's a pic of mine underneath the rear carpet.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #6
SteveAus
Second Lieutenant
SteveAus's Avatar
Australia
22
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks for the responses guys.

Unfortunately, the US PDF version of the manual is not much help. I haven't checked the on board version yet.

On a 328 the fuse box is in the engine bay under the fake battery terminal.....top left side.

The fuse box under the boot carpet is in a model that is different to mine. Maybe a 2012 F30 or possibly an E90/92. In my 335i, under boot carpet is a small empty compartment for storing secret things . Not a fuse in sight.......

I'm going to pull apart the glove box tomorrow.......or do I dare call the dealership?
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport, Glacier Silver, 19 403M, M-Adaptive Suspension, M-Brakes, M-Steering Wheel, Variable Sports Steering, HUD, SatNav, Heated Sports Seats, Surround View Cameras, Park Assist, HK Sound, Rear Roller Blind, CF Front Lip, Grills and Rear Spoiler, BlackVue Dashcams.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #7
SteveAus
Second Lieutenant
SteveAus's Avatar
Australia
22
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Knightsabers,

I'm feeling pretty stupid right now, as I had a closer look at your photos and realise that I was not looking far enough back into the car.

With the aid of your photos I have managed to locate the fuse block, right back deep in the boot behind the rear seats (where you said it is located!).

Many, many thanks (from someone who is feeling very, very dumb at the moment!).
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport, Glacier Silver, 19 403M, M-Adaptive Suspension, M-Brakes, M-Steering Wheel, Variable Sports Steering, HUD, SatNav, Heated Sports Seats, Surround View Cameras, Park Assist, HK Sound, Rear Roller Blind, CF Front Lip, Grills and Rear Spoiler, BlackVue Dashcams.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 12:17 AM   #8
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
GAV-F30's Avatar
Australia
14
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY

iTrader: (0)

I had a look at my fuse box with the diagram is it just me but I don't get the diagram
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 01:56 AM   #9
SteveAus
Second Lieutenant
SteveAus's Avatar
Australia
22
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Gav,

You have to use both sides of the fuse diagram to make any sense of it.
You'll notice that the map contains symbols instead of names for each of the fuse types.

What fuse are you looking for in particular?

If you are looking for and ACC fuse to attach a piece of electrical equipment while the ignition is on, I used the cigarette lighter fuse which is fuse number 162 and is a 20 amp fuse. This is located three down in the bank of yellow 20 amp fuses on the right of the fuse box.

Do not wire-in equipment to the fuse box that requires power from the battery (ie power when the ignition is turned off). The newer BMW's do not like this and the fuse will blow within 20-30 minutes. You have to wire-in equipment directly to the battery.

Hope this helps.
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport, Glacier Silver, 19 403M, M-Adaptive Suspension, M-Brakes, M-Steering Wheel, Variable Sports Steering, HUD, SatNav, Heated Sports Seats, Surround View Cameras, Park Assist, HK Sound, Rear Roller Blind, CF Front Lip, Grills and Rear Spoiler, BlackVue Dashcams.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2014, 02:54 AM   #10
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
GAV-F30's Avatar
Australia
14
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Gav,

You have to use both sides of the fuse diagram to make any sense of it.
You'll notice that the map contains symbols instead of names for each of the fuse types.

What fuse are you looking for in particular?

If you are looking for and ACC fuse to attach a piece of electrical equipment while the ignition is on, I used the cigarette lighter fuse which is fuse number 162 and is a 20 amp fuse. This is located three down in the bank of yellow 20 amp fuses on the right of the fuse box.

Do not wire-in equipment to the fuse box that requires power from the battery (ie power when the ignition is turned off). The newer BMW's do not like this and the fuse will blow within 20-30 minutes. You have to wire-in equipment directly to the battery.

Hope this helps.
So I want a DEFI Boost gauge
Orange wire - Head Light on/off
Yellow - Any constant Power
Red - A switched Source
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
SteveAus
Second Lieutenant
SteveAus's Avatar
Australia
22
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAV-F30 View Post
So I want a DEFI Boost gauge
Orange wire - Head Light on/off
Yellow - Any constant Power
Red - A switched Source
Hmmmm, this is a bit beyond my comfort level, especially as I don't have access to my car at the moment (working overseas).

Check out this link:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/63366...om-p3cars.com/

Is this what you are installing?
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport, Glacier Silver, 19 403M, M-Adaptive Suspension, M-Brakes, M-Steering Wheel, Variable Sports Steering, HUD, SatNav, Heated Sports Seats, Surround View Cameras, Park Assist, HK Sound, Rear Roller Blind, CF Front Lip, Grills and Rear Spoiler, BlackVue Dashcams.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 04:50 AM   #12
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
GAV-F30's Avatar
Australia
14
Rep
235
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Hmmmm, this is a bit beyond my comfort level, especially as I don't have access to my car at the moment (working overseas).

Check out this link:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/63366...om-p3cars.com/

Is this what you are installing?
I don't like that gauge, I want DEFI GAUGE'S made in Japan type it in google
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 11:27 AM   #13
ddd269
Private
Chile
3
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: F10 528iA Silver
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Santiago, Chile

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Gav,

You have to use both sides of the fuse diagram to make any sense of it.
You'll notice that the map contains symbols instead of names for each of the fuse types.

What fuse are you looking for in particular?

If you are looking for and ACC fuse to attach a piece of electrical equipment while the ignition is on, I used the cigarette lighter fuse which is fuse number 162 and is a 20 amp fuse. This is located three down in the bank of yellow 20 amp fuses on the right of the fuse box.

Do not wire-in equipment to the fuse box that requires power from the battery (ie power when the ignition is turned off). The newer BMW's do not like this and the fuse will blow within 20-30 minutes. You have to wire-in equipment directly to the battery.

Hope this helps.

What size fuse are those? The larger ones (the yellow ones that you're referring to) are regular blade type and the little ones are micro? Or are they mini?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 05:02 AM   #14
theseanofsydney
Was GM now BM Driver
theseanofsydney's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i LCI Manual
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
Here's a pic of mine underneath the rear carpet.
Hello.
Do you know what the module is to the left of the fuses.

I don't have this as curious.

2015 340i

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 05:08 AM   #15
theseanofsydney
Was GM now BM Driver
theseanofsydney's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i LCI Manual
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Help!

Does anyone know the location of the fuse box(es) in a Jan build 2013 335i?

I've been searching around the car (and the internet) and have deduced that the fuse box:
is not in the upper left corner of the engine bay,
is not next to the battery and
is not located in the boot under the floor mat (my model has well for storing secret bits and pieces where other cars seem to have the fuse box located).


Hello.
I'm a bit late.
Where you looking for the main fuses.

Pop the hood
Looking at the car.
Right side at rear.
Remove plastic cover between rubber behind engine and glass window screen area.
Remove big rubber.
Undo plastic bolt looking clips.
It's under there
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 10:55 AM   #16
feng
Lieutenant
feng's Avatar
Australia
83
Rep
475
Posts

Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseanofsydney View Post
Hello.
Do you know what the module is to the left of the fuses.

I don't have this as curious.

2015 340i

Thanks
I googled the SKU and it's this:

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/84109257150/

I have it in my 2014 F31 too.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 12:08 AM   #17
f30ill
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
Gav,
Do not wire-in equipment to the fuse box that requires power from the battery (ie power when the ignition is turned off). The newer BMW's do not like this and the fuse will blow within 20-30 minutes. You have to wire-in equipment directly to the battery.
Can I get clarification on this?
I'm planning on installing a dashcam monitor: here and the poster has clearly used the fuse box as a constant power supply.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 08:03 AM   #18
feng
Lieutenant
feng's Avatar
Australia
83
Rep
475
Posts

Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30ill View Post
Can I get clarification on this?
I'm planning on installing a dashcam monitor: here and the poster has clearly used the fuse box as a constant power supply.

Thanks!
Heeeey that's me

Mine's definitely still going strong.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #19
theseanofsydney
Was GM now BM Driver
theseanofsydney's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i LCI Manual
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the link. I'm going to call BMW tomorrow and ask why don't I have this. Wonder what functions it does. Mmmm
Says 340i should have it.


Re: dashcam.
I pickuped permanent and accessories power from the front main fuse box

Only issues.
Takes 10 minutes for the car to go to sleep for the parking mode to activate.

If the car is not used for a few days you get a warning when you next start the car.
Saying something like excess battery discharge and to start car to charge.

When you get a service it comes up on their computer.
'look for a none genuine aftermarket fitted accessory'

The computer starts shutting down circuits to protect the battery. Eventually you can only get in and start you car, nothing else works. Only remote access as other forms isolated.

Only way to prevent this is to get fed direct from the battery.
Directly to the clamp bolt on the negative terminal. Not after the current measuring device that is flat and all the car connects to the otherside.

But warned, if this position used the car is not able to isolate the circuit to prevent excessive discharge and to protect your battery.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 12:06 AM   #20
feng
Lieutenant
feng's Avatar
Australia
83
Rep
475
Posts

Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseanofsydney View Post
Thanks for the link. I'm going to call BMW tomorrow and ask why don't I have this. Wonder what functions it does. Mmmm
Says 340i should have it.


Re: dashcam.
I pickuped permanent and accessories power from the front main fuse box

Only issues.
Takes 10 minutes for the car to go to sleep for the parking mode to activate.

If the car is not used for a few days you get a warning when you next start the car.
Saying something like excess battery discharge and to start car to charge.


When you get a service it comes up on their computer.
'look for a none genuine aftermarket fitted accessory'

The computer starts shutting down circuits to protect the battery. Eventually you can only get in and start you car, nothing else works. Only remote access as other forms isolated.

Only way to prevent this is to get fed direct from the battery.
Directly to the clamp bolt on the negative terminal. Not after the current measuring device that is flat and all the car connects to the otherside.

But warned, if this position used the car is not able to isolate the circuit to prevent excessive discharge and to protect your battery.
Yeah I have a Cellink Battery B in mine. My battery B is hooked up to accessory and turns off in 20 mins. Does all i need.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 03:59 AM   #21
f30ill
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseanofsydney View Post
Thanks for the link. I'm going to call BMW tomorrow and ask why don't I have this. Wonder what functions it does. Mmmm
Says 340i should have it.


Re: dashcam.
I pickuped permanent and accessories power from the front main fuse box

Only issues.
Takes 10 minutes for the car to go to sleep for the parking mode to activate.

If the car is not used for a few days you get a warning when you next start the car.
Saying something like excess battery discharge and to start car to charge.

When you get a service it comes up on their computer.
'look for a none genuine aftermarket fitted accessory'

The computer starts shutting down circuits to protect the battery. Eventually you can only get in and start you car, nothing else works. Only remote access as other forms isolated.

Only way to prevent this is to get fed direct from the battery.
Directly to the clamp bolt on the negative terminal. Not after the current measuring device that is flat and all the car connects to the otherside.

But warned, if this position used the car is not able to isolate the circuit to prevent excessive discharge and to protect your battery.
You probably need a switch that cuts when the battery is below a certain voltage, or time duration... Mutliple people on this forum with success of the power magic pro

@Feng seems to agrees (I think with his latest reply)
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 12:40 AM   #22
Chandra8
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: bmi8
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I've done that myself through coding but happy to see the dealer can now do it too. Good info.

joker123
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST