F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Charge Pipe failure...again
Extreme Powerhouse

11-18-2015, 09:05 PM   #111
stxf30
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxf30
Cracked my CP today. JB4 on map 1 and intake. In sport mode dipped in about 60% tryna to maintain traction, hit 3rd and POW!WTH come on BMW.
Geez! Jb4 and intake is all your cp took to crack. Definitely a weak point from bmw.
Yep! Unbelievable, powder coated ER CP now. Got a new stock one laying around for anyone interested...LOL
      11-18-2015, 09:11 PM   #112
stxf30
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 335i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch
Any updates? Has BMWNA or Dinan reimbursed you for the charge pipe failure?
Nobody has yet. Dealer is not working with me at all. Keeps saying he will call back then never does. I talked to BMW NA again today to give him another kick, idk why it's taking so much effort to get anything out of this damn dealership.
Can't believe this is still ongoing. Are you just dealing with an SA at the dealer or the service manager?
      11-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #113
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxf30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch
Any updates? Has BMWNA or Dinan reimbursed you for the charge pipe failure?
Nobody has yet. Dealer is not working with me at all. Keeps saying he will call back then never does. I talked to BMW NA again today to give him another kick, idk why it's taking so much effort to get anything out of this damn dealership.
Can't believe this is still ongoing. Are you just dealing with an SA at the dealer or the service manager?
The service manager. And he won't even call me back. Since last Thursday now. I talked to BMW NA again and the very helpful rep that's been working with me sent him another email. Nothing has come of it still.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 10:34 AM   #114
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So. Almost 3 weeks after starting this the dealer finally gave me a response. No way. Laurel BMW of Westmont is the worst dealership I've ever visited. The only way I can help myself here is to gather data (VINs) and dealers where anyone actually had their pipe covered under warranty because they still claim there is no evidence of that in BMWs part system. Please anyone who has mentioned that they've had this issue fixed easily please PM me with info to give this incompetent jackass dealer who wants me to do his job for him.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #115
tsims619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

What do you need specifically? Vin, work order number?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #116
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsims619
What do you need specifically? Vin, work order number?
The dealer said they need the VIN and the location/name of the dealer to confirm. But given the way they've handled this so far they'll probably want more info if I get them the above.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 01:05 AM   #117
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Latest update. SM literally flipped out on me for pointing out that I was not happy that he promised to call me back by day's end and I didn't hear back for weeks until BMW NA sent them another reminder. He then basically said he was not going to help me despite me providing the exact proof he requested and hung up. Steve Olsen of Laurel BMW of Westmont is a disrespectful jerk. I immediately tried to contact the GM unsuccessfully but got through to AutoNation the largest car dealer in the country and parent of this dealer I've been dealing with. They've been helpful and got me in contact with the GM and we've been going back and forth. But he's not being much more helpful so far than that the jerk SM. For some reason none of them can communicate, despite me describing in detail written and verbally the problem many times to everyone involved. They either weren't paying attention to me, being malicious, or are just completely incompetent. They ask for me to provide Hard proof of this being covered under warranty VINs etc. I found it incredibly wrong to ask this of me but the wonderful people of this forum came through. 2 kind strangers shared their info with me and I provided the proof to the dealer. So far they have not accepted the evidence yet pending further "investigation" and tell me it wasn't covered under warranty because the pipe was physically broken. These boneheads don't seem to understand that's the entire problem. The pipe broke under boost because it's not the best design and it cracked and popped off under pressure. End of story. Simple physics and explanation. Ridiculous that this is a discussion.

I can't believe this, it's really stunning that this dealer carries the BMW emblem on its walls.
Please never visit the Laurel BMW of Westmont service center.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 01:33 AM   #118
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
Latest update. SM literally flipped out on me for pointing out that I was not happy that he promised to call me back by day's end and I didn't hear back for weeks until BMW NA sent them another reminder. He then basically said he was not going to help me despite me providing the exact proof he requested and hung up. Steve Olsen of Laurel BMW of Westmont is a disrespectful jerk. I immediately tried to contact the GM unsuccessfully but got through to AutoNation the largest car dealer in the country and parent of this dealer I've been dealing with. They've been helpful and got me in contact with the GM and we've been going back and forth. But he's not being much more helpful so far than that the jerk SM. For some reason none of them can communicate, despite me describing in detail written and verbally the problem many times to everyone involved. They either weren't paying attention to me, being malicious, or are just completely incompetent. They ask for me to provide Hard proof of this being covered under warranty VINs etc. I found it incredibly wrong to ask this of me but the wonderful people of this forum came through. 2 kind strangers shared their info with me and I provided the proof to the dealer. So far they have not accepted the evidence yet pending further "investigation" and tell me it wasn't covered under warranty because the pipe was physically broken. These boneheads don't seem to understand that's the entire problem. The pipe broke under boost because it's not the best design and it cracked and popped off under pressure. End of story. Simple physics and explanation. Ridiculous that this is a discussion.

I can't believe this, it's really stunning that this dealer carries the BMW emblem on its walls.

Find another Dinan authorized dealer, and have them replace the OEM chargepipe there, or just buy a ER chargepipe and be done with it.

.....I'll be right back, I gotta go buy some gas and some matches. Make sure you don't pop by that dealership ever again. *cough*
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 05:34 AM   #119
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Make sure social media hears of your issues with them.

*****************************=Laurel+BMW...7c600eeefc24,1

Edit - I noticed this review, kinda sounds similar.

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/...,-96.81262,13z

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged

Last edited by CIWS; 11-29-2015 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 01:59 PM   #120
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo
Quote:

Find another Dinan authorized dealer, and have them replace the OEM chargepipe there, or just buy a ER chargepipe and be done with it.

.....I'll be right back, I gotta go buy some gas and some matches. Make sure you don't pop by that dealership ever again. *cough*
This is my problem. I already paid for them to replace my stock pipe. Like ~$900. I deserve to be refunded. Since I've replaced my entire charge air system with ER pipes and FMIC. No worries about breakage anymore.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 02:39 PM   #121
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS
Quote:

*****************************=Laurel+BMW...7c600eeefc24,1

I'm trying to give the GM a little bit of time to get caught up to speed and fix this. If he doesn't agree and refund me by weeks end it's all out publicity warfare along with more formal complaints to BMW NA, AutoNation, BBB, local chamber of commerce, and anyone else I can think of. Nobody should ever have to deal with this crap.
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #122
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post

Damn this is exactly what I experienced, except [edit:not, with different reps Service Manager in this review is actually now General Manager]
Trying to extort money out of the customer on a warrantied car.

Last edited by cryptocar; 12-01-2015 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #123
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

cryptocar : think it's time to contact the Illinois Automotive Dealer Board HERE

There seems to be an obvious case of fraud, you are protected by the "Automotive Repair Act" located HERE

Definitely start with the Dealer Board....they'll be jumping through hoops as the "Oh Shit" meter kicks in...good luck!

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2015, 12:13 PM   #124
Mobster1983
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
cryptocar : think it's time to contact the Illinois Automotive Dealer Board HERE

There seems to be an obvious case of fraud, you are protected by the "Automotive Repair Act" located HERE

Definitely start with the Dealer Board....they'll be jumping through hoops as the "Oh Shit" meter kicks in...good luck!

Could also be time to talk to a lawyer and get them for all the time you have wasted on this issue that could likely be shown as fraud.
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #125
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm at a loss. They asked for specific proof I provided 2 specific examples. Now they said they've checked into those instances and say the dealer ate the fees each time never got warrantied and those customers got lucky breaks. GM says he considers the issue closed.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #126
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm at a loss. They asked for specific proof I provided 2 specific examples. Now they said they've checked into those instances and say the dealer ate the fees each time never got warrantied and those customers got lucky breaks. GM says he considers the issue closed.
Sounds like more BS coming out of them. A dealership isn't going to eat anything warranty related. Now if they make a mistake like replace the wrong part or screw something up in the repair they might eat that cost.

Two different dealerships replace a part under warranty and they make the "mistake" and eat it. But these fools know better and don't replace something that should be warrantied and charge the customer. Seems pretty clear where the F up is.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #127
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
Sounds like more BS coming out of them. A dealership isn't going to eat anything warranty related. Now if they make a mistake like replace the wrong part or screw something up in the repair they might eat that cost.

Two different dealerships replace a part under warranty and they make the "mistake" and eat it. But these fools know better and don't replace something that should be warrantied and charge the customer. Seems pretty clear where the F up is.
Disgusts me, the GM is being beyond unreasonbale and since this issue started theyve shifted blame to 3 different people and things, and each time i disprove it, they come up with another excuse. My wonderful rep at BMW NA has been so helpful still and I have high hopes she will make this right.

Also the extortionist SM Pat Womack mentioned in that google review of this dealer, is now the jackass GM I'm dealing with, no wonder there's problems with this dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 12:18 AM   #128
tsims619
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

It's funny because my report states replace under warranty. Call BS that they actually looked into it. They probably figured you would come up empty handed but since you didn't, they spouted some random crap. GL man!
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #129
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsims619
It's funny because my report states replace under warranty. Call BS that they actually looked into it. They probably figured you would come up empty handed but since you didn't, they spouted some random crap. GL man!
I did. They said your case was a mistake and that the dealer ate the cost and they won't consider doing that for me. The GM is not being remotely reasonable and basically responded to proof I provided at their request with a nice fuck off. I'm only dealing with BMW NA from here on out if I have a choice. I can't believe this bullshit from Patrick Womack, Steve Olsen, and James Randall. They're running a warranty extortion racket over at Laurel BMW of Westmont. Scary that their parent is the largest dealer in the nation. AutoNation. Be wary.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2015, 03:35 AM   #130
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I've now got a rep from AutoNation (problem dealer parent) working with me as well as my BMW NA rep. AN will be contacting me tomorrow or the following day. Working with reps from three sides of the issue, Dinan, BMW NA, and AutoNation. I don't know how much more pressure can be applied without filing a criminal suit for fraud.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 05:52 AM   #131
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep

Any way you can check your maintenance history ? I'm beginning to wonder if they are running a scam. Charge the customer, then also charge BMW to cover the warranty work.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #132
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS
Any way you can check your maintenance history ? I'm beginning to wonder if they are running a scam. Charge the customer, then also charge BMW to cover the warranty work.
This is the first thing I paid this dealer to do that wasn't a Dinan flash. Everything else was warranty and one plastic trim piece I picked up from parts when I broke mine. So I don't have a history of bills. Just basic service notes and part numbers.
Appreciate 0