F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Impatient F30 driver hulk smashes school bus
GetBMWParts

10-14-2016, 07:43 PM   #67
BlueCrabMafia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave

I could care less about what if, Someone doing an illegal maneuvers I'm going to protect my zone and property. If there stupidity results in damage to their property, some else's property, or injured/kill someone. It there own fault for doing an illegal maneuvers.
"Protect your zone"? What are you a NASCAR driver racing for points while making your daily drive?? Your sentiment is probably the same exact thing going through Dash Cam guys mind in that video. He was watching the BMW bro in his rear view mirror and as soon as he saw him going to the outside, he decided to "protect his zone" which was a dickhead response to an asshat maneuver. Two wrongs, don't make a right. Not to mention for his troubles, Dash Cam guy got his car damaged because you can hear the screech from when BMW bro hits his car.

Don't know why everybody feels the need to be traffic enforcers while driving. Somebody is being a dick while driving, let them go. It's not your civic duty to teach them a lesson or "protect your zone". Insurance companies have done studies that most road rage incidents are because someone decided they need to teach someone else a lesson. Just let it go.

Here's a scenario, what happens when you are "protecting your zone" and somebody takes exception to it and runs you off the road, pulls you out of your car to fight you or pulls a gun? Is your zone worth your life or property?

There's no excuse for what either driver did. BMW bro is 100% at fault for what happened, but Dash Cam dude is also complicit. He ran a red light which is not any better than what the other guy did.

Defending what either driver did is asinine.

P.S. It's "couldn't care less".
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2016, 08:53 PM   #68
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post

1. Fuck this guy (BMW). Nobody has mentioned his honking. The guy was looking for trouble from the beginning.
Which actually would bolster the 'boxing out' theory, because the dash-cam driver would clearly know the BMW was itching to get by.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 12:42 AM   #69
n00bim2015
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe M Sport

The bmw crashed guy is 100% at fault. Don't start nothing and there won't be nothing.
Appreciate 2
tex26702412.50
Bbb34730.50
      10-15-2016, 06:13 AM   #70
Twodawgs
Rep
Drives: 2015 328D

I really don't think dash cam guy blocked him out by his position. The bus is set to the left of him because the bus cut the corner and dash cam guy stayed in lane. The bus went over the double yellow line on the street they turned off of. Also accelerating could be just trying to beat the light as it was yellow and you can see it turn red. This street is in Albany, NY right by the Dunn Memorial Bridge, 787 & rt 20.
I mounted my dash cam in my 328 the day I got it about 6 weeks ago. Had it for about a year in my VW TDI. I have yet to catch this kind of foolery.
Appreciate 3
tex26702412.50
chiefneil771.50
Bbb34730.50
      10-15-2016, 06:49 AM   #71
SilverRevlis
Motiphd
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535 M Sport

I would also want to be courteous and let people in, when I can and when it's safe, but stopping in that situation to let the school bus in was a bad decision. He was actually delaying traffic, which is a driving violation, to let the bus in. You can even see by the hesitance of the bus to proceed, the bus driver didn't expect that. I can see if it was a smaller intersection, or if traffic was much more dense.

I have actually been in the BMW driver's situation, being the car behind a car that is overly courteous. In my situation, I was rear-ended due to that. Now the driver who was overly courteous that was in front of me gets to happily go off to their destination while I wait for law enforcement and a tow truck to come. Luckily, I got the plate number off the car that stopped in front of me, and there were witnesses. The driver in front of me got a nice portion of the blame and a ticket for delaying traffic!! I actually had a near miss this past week when on a road where the speed limit is 45, this car cam to a sudden halt to let a person, mind you who was standing mid block on the sidewalk, cross the street. The guy wasn't even out in the street or anything. I was able to stop in time, but heard screeching tires and horns behind me.
2010 Acura MDX SH-AWD Advance (hers/retired)
Appreciate 2
      10-15-2016, 06:59 AM   #72
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrabMafia View Post
"Protect your zone"? What are you a NASCAR driver racing for points while making your daily drive?? Your sentiment is probably the same exact thing going through Dash Cam guys mind in that video. He was watching the BMW bro in his rear view mirror and as soon as he saw him going to the outside, he decided to "protect his zone" which was a dickhead response to an asshat maneuver. Two wrongs, don't make a right. Not to mention for his troubles, Dash Cam guy got his car damaged because you can hear the screech from when BMW bro hits his car.

Don't know why everybody feels the need to be traffic enforcers while driving. Somebody is being a dick while driving, let them go. It's not your civic duty to teach them a lesson or "protect your zone". Insurance companies have done studies that most road rage incidents are because someone decided they need to teach someone else a lesson. Just let it go.

Here's a scenario, what happens when you are "protecting your zone" and somebody takes exception to it and runs you off the road, pulls you out of your car to fight you or pulls a gun? Is your zone worth your life or property?

There's no excuse for what either driver did. BMW bro is 100% at fault for what happened, but Dash Cam dude is also complicit. He ran a red light which is not any better than what the other guy did.

Defending what either driver did is asinine.

P.S. It's "couldn't care less".
Please, don't justify some else's illegal behavior it like saying someone who gets rob fault for owning what was stolen.

The guy who was committing the illegal pass is 100% at fault, the dash cam driver did nothing wrong. Same what if logic can be applied and used against you if the dash cam guy break someone could have rear ended him or someone could have hit him on the side or because he block the intersection for a moment it delayed a firetruck and a school of prek student burnt to death. So stop you foolishness. Shame on the guy who illegally past and he deserves what he got and the insurance hit for damaging his car and two other vehicles.

P.s. I'm on a bmw forum discussing a video not grammer or English forum.
Appreciate 1
Bbb34730.50
      10-15-2016, 07:37 AM   #73
Beowulf65
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i xDrive Gran Coupé

Garage List
Using a vehicle to "teach" other people lessons is not a good idea, nor is it good driving.

Years ago a friend drove his Honda Prelude to Toronto on the 401. I was in the passenger seat. A very large semi-truck drove us off the road as we were passing...and the truck did not need to pull out into the passing lane at that time. The driver did not see or did not look to see the little sports coupe beside him. My friend was able to avoid an accident, however he promptly (in response to the fear) fell into a road rage. He chased the truck, pulled out in front of it and slammed his brakes on...repeating this maneuver 4 times. The truck was forced to brake very hard. I was simply hanging on for dear life, hoping that my friend did not get us or anyone else killed.

If an O.P.P officer had witnessed these events, both the truck driver and my friend would have received a moving citation.

I would say only one thing: do not drive based upon emotional reactions pointed at "teaching" someone else a lesson.
Appreciate 1
      10-15-2016, 07:43 AM   #74
BlueCrabMafia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave

Please, don't justify some else's illegal behavior it like saying someone who gets rob fault for owning what was stolen.

The guy who was committing the illegal pass is 100% at fault, the dash cam driver did nothing wrong. Same what if logic can be applied and used against you if the dash cam guy break someone could have rear ended him or someone could have hit him on the side or because he block the intersection for a moment it delayed a firetruck and a school of prek student burnt to death. So stop you foolishness. Shame on the guy who illegally past and he deserves what he got and the insurance hit for damaging his car and two other vehicles.

P.s. I'm on a bmw forum discussing a video not grammer or English forum.
Ummmm......
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
tex26702412.50
chiefneil771.50
      10-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #75
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bim2015 View Post
The bmw crashed guy is 100% at fault. Don't start nothing and there won't be nothing.
Except that the dash cam guy let the bus go when dash cam guy had the right of way. What an a$$hat....
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #76
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Once in a while i let someone in and it might hold up traffic behind.

The BMW is completely at fault, 100%. Their might be some issues with the how the dashcam driver drove and reacted but i don't think you can place any fault on him.

This was 100% caused and created by the bmw driver.
Bbb34730.50
mbfanos54.50
Vitoco122.00
      10-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #77
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRevlis View Post
I would also want to be courteous and let people in, when I can and when it's safe, but stopping in that situation to let the school bus in was a bad decision. He was actually delaying traffic, which is a driving violation, to let the bus in. You can even see by the hesitance of the bus to proceed, the bus driver didn't expect that. I can see if it was a smaller intersection, or if traffic was much more dense.

I have actually been in the BMW driver's situation, being the car behind a car that is overly courteous. In my situation, I was rear-ended due to that. Now the driver who was overly courteous that was in front of me gets to happily go off to their destination while I wait for law enforcement and a tow truck to come. Luckily, I got the plate number off the car that stopped in front of me, and there were witnesses. The driver in front of me got a nice portion of the blame and a ticket for delaying traffic!! I actually had a near miss this past week when on a road where the speed limit is 45, this car cam to a sudden halt to let a person, mind you who was standing mid block on the sidewalk, cross the street. The guy wasn't even out in the street or anything. I was able to stop in time, but heard screeching tires and horns behind me.
So now we judge drivers who are letting school buses merge into the traffic?

I'm sorry but that is just ridiculous.
Sorry you got rear ended but blame is on the person who rear ended you, it's really that simple.

Last edited by Bbb34; 10-15-2016 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 3
      10-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #78
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
Using a vehicle to "teach" other people lessons is not a good idea, nor is it good driving.

Years ago a friend drove his Honda Prelude to Toronto on the 401. I was in the passenger seat. A very large semi-truck drove us off the road as we were passing...and the truck did not need to pull out into the passing lane at that time. The driver did not see or did not look to see the little sports coupe beside him. My friend was able to avoid an accident, however he promptly (in response to the fear) fell into a road rage. He chased the truck, pulled out in front of it and slammed his brakes on...repeating this maneuver 4 times. The truck was forced to brake very hard. I was simply hanging on for dear life, hoping that my friend did not get us or anyone else killed.

If an O.P.P officer had witnessed these events, both the truck driver and my friend would have received a moving citation.

I would say only one thing: do not drive based upon emotional reactions pointed at "teaching" someone else a lesson.
As soon as I saw Honda Prelude, I knew I'd be reading interesting road rage story.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #79
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRevlis View Post

Ridiculous fabricated story.

1) There is no a police officer or court that would ticket/find guilty a driver for allowing a school bus to safely pull out on to a busy street.

2) The person behind is always at fault, period, for following to closely.
Appreciate 1
Bbb34730.50
      10-15-2016, 09:36 PM   #80
Beowulf65
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i xDrive Gran Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34 View Post
As soon as I saw Honda Prelude, I knew I'd be reading interesting road rage story.
Quite so...now that I think about it, why didn't my friend simply drive under the semi...

Last edited by Beowulf65; 10-16-2016 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 10:13 PM   #81
dfeng
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F30 335i

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
Hard to argue for either side, both are dumbasses. Dashcam dude letting the bus go would've irritated me as well. Bmw driver that crashed was flat out dumb - pulling maneuvers like that in an unknown area is not a bright idea. Bmw driver should've pulled right, made the light then wait for the dashcam guy to finish his turn and then get behind him instead of trying to cut him off.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 11:12 PM   #82
n00bim2015
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
Except that the dash cam guy let the bus go when dash cam guy had the right of way. What an a$$hat....

yeah but dash cam guy was making a courteous move. not of malice.

the bmw guy had some form of road rage that bit him in the undercarriage.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 11:13 PM   #83
n00bim2015
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie View Post
Hard to argue for either side, both are dumbasses. Dashcam dude letting the bus go would've irritated me as well. Bmw driver that crashed was flat out dumb - pulling maneuvers like that in an unknown area is not a bright idea. Bmw driver should've pulled right, made the light then wait for the dashcam guy to finish his turn and then get behind him instead of trying to cut him off.
bmw guy should have have license revoked until he completes defensive driving class in Miam/LA traffic during rush hour.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #84
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Red eurotrash sneakers. Nuff said.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #85
MarcNoord
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330i xDrive Wagon

Wow!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #86
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bim2015 View Post
yeah but dash cam guy was making a courteous move. not of malice.

the bmw guy had some form of road rage that bit him in the undercarriage.
Maybe you missed the sarcasm of other criticisms....
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 07:01 PM   #87
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Poetic justice....

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 2
Kabrich354.00
Bbb34730.50
      10-16-2016, 09:47 PM   #88
mbfanos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
WHOA

You mean being courteous = a$$hat

Don't tell me you have never been courteous when driving
Appreciate 2
goj2253.00
Bbb34730.50