F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW road rage in London
Extreme Powerhouse

04-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #23
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Arrow View Post
Wow. This makes me thankful for my permit to carry a concealed weapon. Road rage can get crazy.
Serious? So you were gonna shoot him? thats alot better than ramming him with your car I guess. Murica.
Did I say anything about shooting anyone?
Arrow, you did imply pistol play, so let's call that spade a spade.

Look, I'm a card carrying member of the NRA and have more guns than anyone will need; both pistols, shotguns, an AR, etc. however, no ones life was being threatened so no need to pull the pistol. I also live in a stand your ground state here is the lovely Deep South.

I have a carry permit also, but unless someone is trying to rob me or carjack me, I won't shoot someone just to avoid an ass whoppin. Then you'll go to prison and really get pounded and I don't mean with some guys fists.

Carrying a pistol should make you the most calm person out in public.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #24
reu2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 540i xDrive Shadowlin

Garage List
2024 X7 M60i  [0.00]
2021 540xi  [0.00]
Douchebags will be douchebags, BMWs, guns, or not.

It's really a matter of integrity and self control, it has nothing to do with cars, money, or weapons.

I've been a concealed weapons carrier since 1998 when my job first required it (military), of course it came with a lot of training, but I have never even thought to pull it out on the road way. To a trained hand gun owner it isn't even an option unless an inocent life is threatened.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 10:40 AM   #25
stormlv
Human
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_123_99 View Post
... If he also has a gun, then it's a Mexican standoff
Yup, I don't see any way for someone to get scared, overreact and start spraying bullets.
2010 BMW Z4 sDrive35i DKG | 306 HP / 400Nm | Space Gray | Photo album
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #26
EBIINYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4GC

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man...escalat,38374/

“I never leave home without my Glock, because you just don’t know when someone might mouth off to you in a bar and leave you with no choice but to turn a minor altercation into a tense life-or-death scenario,”

Last edited by EBIINYC; 04-17-2015 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2015, 10:48 AM   #27
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Quote:
You only pull out a gun when you are ready to shoot. That's the first thing they teach you. The funny thing is that I'm not anti-gun. I just think that the vast majority of gun owners are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to own them. It those people who don't own guns that I would be more comfortable owning one. I just hope you realize that had a gun been in play in this situation this situation would have been much much worse. The fact that no gun was present was a good thing. Do you at least agree with that?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #28
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wow. This makes me thankful for my permit to carry a concealed weapon. Road rage can get crazy.
Serious? So you were gonna shoot him? thats alot better than ramming him with your car I guess. Murica.

Look, I'm a card carrying member of the NRA and have more guns than anyone will need; both pistols, shotguns, an AR, etc. however, no ones life was being threatened so no need to pull the pistol. I also live in a stand your ground state here is the lovely Deep South.

I have a carry permit also, but unless someone is trying to rob me or carjack me, I won't shoot someone just to avoid an ass whoppin. Then you'll go to prison and really get pounded and I don't mean with some guys fists.

I didn't imply anything. Interesting, since just yesterday I read a post from you bashing someone looking for advice on a Lexus, then after criticism, walking back your position.

It's totally situational whether or not you use your gun in a defensive situation, and completely up to the user. My original comment never mentioned anything about how I would use a firearm under the circumstances of the video, just that I'm glad that I'd have one with me.
2003 330xi (Forever in my heart )
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:31 AM   #29
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reu2
Douchebags will be douchebags, BMWs, guns, or not.

It's really a matter of integrity and self control, it has nothing to do with cars, money, or weapons.

I've been a concealed weapons carrier since 1998 when my job first required it (military), of course it came with a lot of training, but I have never even thought to pull it out on the road way. To a trained hand gun owner it isn't even an option unless an inocent life is threatened.
Translation:
"I've never been put in a position where my life depended on the deployment of deadly force."

I carry a gun to protect myself, not other people. I'm not a sheepdog.

I should've known not to post something about guns. Everyone is an expert.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:33 AM   #30
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt
Quote:
You only pull out a gun when you are ready to shoot. That's the first thing they teach you. The funny thing is that I'm not anti-gun. I just think that the vast majority of gun owners are idiots and shouldn't be allowed to own them. It those people who don't own guns that I would be more comfortable owning one. I just hope you realize that had a gun been in play in this situation this situation would have been much much worse. The fact that no gun was present was a good thing. Do you at least agree with that?
In this particular situation, all parties were wrong to escalate the situation to what it became. A firearm would not have needed to be used here. Had the guy pulled the driver out of the car, it would be a different story...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #31
sr5959
Captain
Rep
Drives: 428GC M-Sport

I think this video shows it's a good thing people are not allowed to carry firearms in UK.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #32
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
Make any choices you want. I don't care. I was commenting on your statement about this is why you have a concealed weapon. Thankfully this occurred in London where people don't have guns. Had this happened here in the U.S. You would have a few dead people. Guns always escalate the situation. Sometimes it would be good to have one, but most of the time having a gun makes a bad situation worse. I still haven't heard from you about what you would have done if you had your gun there

Unfortunately, people do have guns, just not legally.

Without jumping in to stereotyping too much, this type of confrontation happens between various gangs in certain cities and next things some clown pulls a gun and then everyone else does.

Things quickly go to hell in a hand basket.

Then armed police arrive and sort things out.

Unfortunately 'status symbol' cars attract a higher % of oxygen thieves than your standard car.

On guns, remember if when you carry one and when you draw it are not prepared to kill the other person, then don't carry one, as invariably the other person is and you and yours become the latest stats.

So overall don't have one
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #33
bahasad
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30, E90

Gotta love how the gun nuts need to use every incident to justify/bring out their "glad I'm an NRA member, glad I have an AR-15, glad I have a Glock, glad I have a Sig" card.
      04-17-2015, 11:42 AM   #34
reu2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 X7 M60i  [0.00]
2021 540xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Translation:
"I've never been put in a position where my life depended on the deployment of deadly force."

I'm not sure what you're insinuating....

If you're insinuating that I've never been in a life threatening situation where the use of a firearm was necessary, or that I haven't lost people I cared for to firearms, you'd be wrong.

If you're insinuating I'm not an expert, I have over a decade of training, awards, and practice not to mention having trained professionals in the use of firearms. So you'd be wrong there too. I could list the weapons the US government considers me literally an "expert" on, but I don't mean to brag.

Doesn't really matter, I was trying to be a moderate on the discussion. I don't know why you're calling me out. I agree that most people shouldn't carry, there is a real lack of quality training on firearms in the US, especially outside the US Military.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:46 AM   #35
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahasad
Gotta love how the gun nuts need to use every incident to justify/bring out their "glad I'm an NRA member, glad I have an AR-15, glad I have a Glock, glad I have a Sig" card.
"Glad I have a generic permit to carry a concealed weapon which has no affiliation to any political or lobbying group."
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #36
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reu2
Quote:
Translation:

I'm not sure what you're insinuating....

If you're insinuating that I've never been in a life threatening situation where the use of a firearm was necessary, or that I haven't lost people I cared for to firearms, you'd be wrong.

If you're insinuating I'm not an expert, I have over a decade of training, awards, and practice not to mention having trained professionals in the use of firearms. So you'd be wrong there too. I could list the weapons the US government considers me literally an "expert" on, but I don't mean to brag.

Doesn't really matter, I was trying to be a moderate on the discussion. I don't know why you're calling me out. I agree that most people shouldn't carry, there is a real lack of quality training on firearms in the US, especially outside the US Military.
I reread your original post. You're right, my apologies. I misunderstood what you were saying.

I, too, have over ten years of training and competition experience with firearms. In the end, I'm the stupid one for posting something to do with firearms. I should've just kept my mouth shut, as I normally do.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 11:52 AM   #37
reu2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 X7 M60i  [0.00]
2021 540xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I reread your original post. You're right, my apologies. I misunderstood what you were saying.

I, too, have over ten years of training and competition experience with firearms. In the end, I'm the stupid one for posting something to do with firearms. I should've just kept my mouth shut, as I normally do.
Fair enough.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #38
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F32 4er Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_123_99 View Post
I never understood BMW on BMW hate. I have my own rule that I never tailgate another BMW (regardless of model) even if they drive 45 in the left lane. The worst I'll do is flash my lights, never honk. However, I see a lot of BMW on BMW rage on the streets recently and usually it's fellow 3-series owners unfortunately (maybe just a numbers thing).

When I was driving a VW many years ago there was often a sense of community that came with the ownership of that car. Fellow drivers flashing you the V-sign, letting you in to merge, being nice in general, etc. I never understood why we can't have this sense of community in the BMW world.
Well at least here where I live there are still some friendly people out there, independent of BMW or not, hell I even was thanked from a VW Golf today because I slowed down on the left lane for him to overtake a truck.
If you are respectful to others, they will also be respectful to you.

On the other hand, there are also some people on the road who should be not allowed to drive at all. Also independent of car manufacturer.
Appreciate 2
      04-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #39
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't imply anything. Interesting, since just yesterday I read a post from you bashing someone looking for advice on a Lexus, then after criticism, walking back your position.

It's totally situational whether or not you use your gun in a defensive situation, and completely up to the user. My original comment never mentioned anything about how I would use a firearm under the circumstances of the video, just that I'm glad that I'd have one with me.
I never walk back anything. What you read is what you get.

I said Lexus sucks; they do. However, I did acknowledge that the IS and RC "look" nice to me and menacing.

I also meant what I said to YOU that if you were to shoot someone in the situation in the video in this thread in America, you'd be in prison with a Class A Felony Murder conviction, remanded to the State Penitentiary, where you would have your ass pounded over and over and over LITERALLY.

That plain enough English?

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #40
EBIINYC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Theres a reason the UK has less handgun deaths by a large percentage than ANY part of the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #41
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_1080 View Post
http://www.theonion.com/articles/man...escalat,38374/

“I never leave home without my Glock, because you just don’t know when someone might mouth off to you in a bar and leave you with no choice but to turn a minor altercation into a tense life-or-death scenario,”
The Onion, greatest news source on the planet IMO!

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #42
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_1080 View Post
Theres a reason the UK has less handgun deaths by a large percentage than ANY part of the US.
We pretty much only have hand gun deaths.

even then it's only a couple of cities.

Knife crime is our main one, however, stats for gun murder below.

YEAR
financial year Murder / Homicides recorded (and number where a gun or firearm caused the fatality)
2000/1 847 (of which 72 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2001/2 854 of which 96 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2002/3 1041 (of which 80 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2003/4 852 of which 68 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2004/5 834 (of which 76 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2005/6 764 (of which 49 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2006/7 749 (of which 56 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2007/8 772 (of which 53 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2008/9 668 (of which 39 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2009/10 626 (of which 39 were caused by a gun / firearm)
20010/11 648 (of which 58 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2011 577
2011/12 553 (of which 39 were caused by a gun / firearm)
2012/2013 558
2013. 551
2013/14. 537

source ONS (release date 24th April 2014)
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #43
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_1080
What's the rate of stabbings?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2015, 03:39 PM   #44
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
What's the rate of stabbings?
We have between 200 - 250 killed per year through sharp objects (knives etc)
Appreciate 0