F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What Pulled You In - Your very first BMW
proTUNING Freaks

02-15-2022, 06:00 PM   #23
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

I worked at an indie foreign repair shop in the late 80s. We handled a lot of German cars but of all of them I loved the BMWs.

I was in to a lot of action sports so I drove an old Honda Civic wagon at the time. Carried all my gear and was good around corners. but this one customer had a Porsche 928 we worked on. When it was in for service he’d come in and check on it in in a navy blue E30 wagon and I loved it.

One day when he brought the wagon in for service I told him how much I liked it. He said it was a blast to drive for a grocery getter and offered to run me around the block. What a test drive. When I finally earned enough to buy a used one I did. Been driving them ever since.
      02-15-2022, 09:07 PM   #24
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
I’ve been into cars since I was a small child. My first car was a 1965 Mustang pedal car that my uncle bought me when I was about four years old. I used to have a collection of well over 100 Hot Wheels cars when I was a kid. On my sixteenth birthday I was at the driver’s license testing center as soon as it opened. I passed my test, got my new license, and went to pick up my best friend and spent the rest of the day driving all over town. At the end of the day I remember my hands aching from holding the steering wheel for such a long time. As a teenager I lived in a city that was large enough to have many car dealerships, but small enough to drive around to all of them and I spent hours and hours driving from dealership to dealership and wandering the lots looking at all of the cars. I could tell you what year model a car was just by the color and the small design detail changes from year to year. And I spent a lot of time on the BMW dealer lot. I was in love with the BMW 635CSi, in addition to the 3 Series. In 1988 I had a slightly older friend who bought an E30 325i and he let me drive it. It was amazing, but it was way out of my budget.

Years later I discovered the annual BMW Susan Komen Drive for the Cure where BMW took a fleet of all their cars to dealerships around the country and allowed folks to drive them all alone, with no salesperson, and donated $1 for every mile driven to breast cancer research. I did this event each year for probably 5 or 6 or 7 years. Then when they did the event after the 2006 E90 3er came out I finally decided I had to have one. I started getting involved online with Bimmerfest and Bimmerpost. After about nine months I made the leap and bought a 2000 E46 TiAg 328i. Then I started learning about the E46 330i ZHP and about nine months after getting the 328i I traded for a 2004 CPO 330i ZHP in Imola Red with Natural Brown leather. That car was amazing! By far the flashiest, most statement making car I’ve owned. I still miss it and wish I could have kept it. But, driving the E90 330i was the Bimmer that had pushed me over the edge to decide to finally buy a Bimmer and I really wanted to own one and I really wanted to own the last of the naturally aspirated N52 high output inline six motor. So, about two years after getting my ZHP I traded to a 2006 E90 330i. I owned that car for eleven and a half years and never got tired of it. In many ways I wish I still had that car, but I had also begun to want to experience owning the M Sport 340i with the B58 and last spring turned out to be a great time to make the jump, so here I am in a CPO 2018 340i M Sport and enjoying every minute of it!
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

02-16-2022, 06:22 AM   #25
shoman24v
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i, 2022 Highlander

I don't remember exactly why I went with BMW as my second car (first was a Taurus SHO bought in 2000 and sold in 2004), but I think it was one that my dad wanted to help me get. It was a 1999 E36 328i 5 speed that we picked up in 2004 with 51k miles at a Manheim auction somewhere in the LA area. It was a 4 hour drive and I remember we had to kinda sneak in there to look around because we were not dealers (we had a dealer buy it for us). It was a last year model so it had the M Aero package (M3 bumpers and side skirts). I drove that car up until 2017 when I sold it with over 225k miles only because I was tired of throwing money in it to get it to pass smog.

That E36 may not have been my first car, but it was with me for the majority of my driving life at the time.

Since then, I've owned an E46 330i, E39 528i Touring, bought my wife a 2017 X3 sDrive28i in 2020 and then sold my E39 Touring to get my current 2018 330i.

Next car, at least for myself, will probably be another BMW.
| 2018 BMW 330i | 30k Miles | M-Sport Package | Driving Assistance Plus | Premium Package | Executive Package | Harmon Kardon | Active Blind Spot Detection | PDC | Mineral Grey Metallic/Coral Red Dakota Leather |
| 2022 Toyota Highlander Platinum AWD |
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2022, 12:12 PM   #26
AnimatedDriver
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoTheClown View Post
Maybe you have had several BMW's over the years. Maybe this is your very first one. I am just curious - what drew you in, that very first time? Did you end up with a BMW out of chance (I did)? Or was it your goal all along? What made you go get one?

I have to come clean here and say - that previously, I have never had any interest in BMW at all. Didn't hate it. Just didn't understand it. I thought they were kinda ugly sedans. My friend had an X3 (I think . . was a small crossover). And all he did is talk about his BMW. It was such a turn off haha.

I was an all American Cadillac guy. I was driving an Escalade when he was driving his X3. And he would act like his BMW was so much better than my Escalade. Partially he was right, because I had a lemon of an Escalade hah. But when the Cadillac was in her prime, NO SUV could hold a candle to it. Just hearing him always talk about how great his BMW was (and his attitude was that it made him better than other people) was such a turn off - that it actually helped fuel my distaste for the brand.

As the Escalade became more and more problematic ($12,000 in 2 years, for repairs). . .and there was no end in sight . . . I needed to get out from under it. But, I had to find the right vehicle because I was upside down in my cadillac loan. And in order to sink that negative equity into the next vehicle, and get a bank to go for it - I had to find a car priced far under 'market value'. Thus, I happened to find this BMW listed in a few states over, at a Chevy Dealer. Almost $10k under fair market value - which would let me bury my negative equity and hardly notice. It was priced right, with only 28,000 miles and still almost a year of factory warranty.

So, my original purchase was not based on being a BMW fanatic. OR the desire to have one. It was based on picking a car with low miles, priced right, and making the numbers work. Driving the 3 hours to drop off my trade and pick up the BMW . . . I was sad, actually. There is a very safe feeling of driving a huge SUV. The visibility . . the winter driving. It was a beast - nothing could stop it.

Now, I was getting into a sedan. Driving it home, felt uncomfortable to be lower to the ground (Saying you are lower to the ground in a BMW is an understatement haha). I found it awkward to get in and out of. Uncomfortable long drives. And very poor visibility (remember . . I came from an Escalade).

By the time, I got it home, all of that negativity faded away. WOW was this fast. Wow was it fun to drive. You can feel the car preform. You can just feel that it's a well oiled machine that has been perfected.

I have been bitten. I am in love now. There is not a day that I park somewhere, and don't glance back a few times, as I walk away. I look out the window from my apartment . . more than once per day. I love driving . . just to drive. I am always thinking of errands I can run.

I am starting some small mods. Blacked-out the rear windows. Carbon Filter rear spoiler. Added the black grille. Saturday will be almost 60 degrees here and going to take her to my dads place (he has garage) and do the chrome delete. Have my eye on some black rims ($3,200) and possibly tune and exhaust (MPPSK).

I am addicted now. My annoying BMW friend moved away about a year ago. I wonder what he's driving now.
What a mighty change of pace for you indeed!

What got me hooked was actually thanks to BMW Motorrad. For the longest, I've always heard people complain about BMW's reliability/maintainability/cost and so I always thought of them as the forbidden fruit, more or less. So a couple years back I was looking at getting a Yamaha R6. A nice motorcycle with an excellent track record in sports and on road. I let my dad know and he immediately kicked back, recommending I get the latest BMW S 1000 RR instead. This was a controversial recommendation at the time because I thought that bike was ugly to start, I wasn't sure if I could even reasonably handle a 1,000 cc engine, and I also didn't want to dump endless amounts of money into just maintaining it (an irrational fear).

I ended up walking into a BMW Motorrad dealership just to see it in person and was quickly persuaded into buying it. Simply put, all the negative stuff I had heard about BMW as a whole was wrong. That bike has been a blast to own and always drew attention to itself (and I'm not even an exhibitionist). I would go on to single handedly put 80k miles on that engine while never having to replace factory parts outside of bike upgrades. I've always been more into bikes than cars, but eventually I got tired of my old, busted '00 Ford Taurus and decided to get a new (to me) car – a '17 330i 6MT RWD. Nothing fancy, but still a huge upgrade. From my understanding, unless I'm buying an M model, BMW doesn't make manual transmissions anymore.

In short, it was thanks to BMW Motorrad releasing an impeccable motorcycle that would lead me to changing my outlook on BMW's cars as a whole.

Last edited by AnimatedDriver; 02-19-2022 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
rjd_F302000.50
      02-16-2022, 03:22 PM   #27
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Great feedback for a bmw commercial this thread.

One of my closest friends Dad bought the new body M5 back when it became more rounded. Then my friend got the new M3, completely raced it out with every mod possible. We would drive it around everywhere, 20 yrs old, having the times of our lives, in southern california pre social media days.

So I got a 320i - kind of a starter bmw in comparison - but staged 2 tuned it and drove the hell out of it. Now I drive a Volvo xc90 and a mercedes c class. But the bmw was definitely fun. We've got a boat and I have a very fast mini bike for thrills these days.

…oh and actually my 320i and my friends M3 did share one thing in common. We both blew our engines with less than 50k miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
rjd_F302000.50
      02-16-2022, 08:57 PM   #28
alexonahurry
Ozzy Dude
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i LCI

Garage List
My neighbor (back in the mid 90th in Germany) had the E36 M3 coupe and an E34 M5 and some other neighbor an E30 M3 in black. I was fascinated by these cars and I remember the yellow coupe leaving in the morning - was about 18 or 19 years old. I then have bought a very basic E36 Compact 316i in my mid 20th and a very basic E36 320i convertible in Titansilber after that - have updated the car quite a bit and added M-package, Alpina spoiler, board computer, springs and sport seats and have then sold it in 2012 when moved to the UK. Then 2 years without a biemer and then bought an ALPINA E46 B3S coupe - an awesome car but had to sell it just a short time later. It took another 6 years until I ve then bought my F30 330i in Australia.

That's a pic of my "cabrio" from 2008 - I was so proud to have it and it was an absolute joy to drive.

...and my ALPINA B3S No.53 of about 150 ever made

[

Last edited by alexonahurry; 02-16-2022 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
      02-16-2022, 10:09 PM   #29
dís_f30
G
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i F30 Luxury Line

Garage List
I wanted something different and nice, I was looking at BMW, Mercedes, etc. and one of my best friends sent me a pic of what ended up being my '13 328i F30 Luxury Line. I went and checked it out and the color hooked me, rare Liquid Blue Metallic. I was content and wasn't going to do anything with it until it received damage from a hit & run and the insurance b.s. after. So I decided to make it an OEM+ to really show the color and it's attributes as well as the normal charge pipe, boost pipe, intake, etc. upgrades. She's slowly coming along. I got her 3 yrs. ago with 61,000 mi. on her and I've put about 89,000 on her since I've had it. Daily driven, long distance trips, road rallies, hitting up the top driving roads on the East Coast, she's driven as they're meant to be driven.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
adhrp1319.50
      02-17-2022, 08:32 AM   #30
auburnf30x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dís_f30 View Post
I got her 3 yrs. ago with 61,000 mi. on her and I've put about 89,000 on her since I've had it. Daily driven, long distance trips, road rallies, hitting up the top driving roads on the East Coast, she's driven as they're meant to be driven.
Man, you're putting miles on yours at about the same rate I am. Bought mine a year ago with 28,000 miles on it and I'm sitting now at nearly 55,000. Zero issues, though. It loves to be driven.

Beautiful car you've got.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 11:46 AM   #31
p0p
Ninja
Rep
Drives: N54 & B58

Garage List
I have always like the e36,e46 not so much the e92 because they went v8.
But I got a white 2010 E92 335i xdrive m-sport and never looked back.
- she has 180k on her now and still running strong with only a cooling issue at the moment. No oil burning or out of the normal (to my surprise).
-Them n54's are no joke, she still puts a smile on my face every hard pull. (unlike the b58 where she gets 1/2 of a smile)

Even after doing Porsches experience on the race track/autocross/street all day; getting back in to the BMW I felt at peace.

I will always have a BMW in the garage and maybe a 911 one day.

We all know that feeling when you catch yourself staring at car.
Also sound like you have been bitten by the mod bug as well. Soon you'll start order parts just to have cuz all of these delays, then looking up Dinan, bootmod3, MHD, BimmerCode, ceramic coating on and on... Its an addiction you're going to need help.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 04:49 PM   #32
_iggnat_
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 420i xDrive M Sport

I was always into cars. My grandpa always tells me that when I was about two or three years old I used to go up to cars' wheels, touch the rims and reach for the calipers. I strongly believe I was born with this passion and I cannot explain it thoroughly, I hope some of you feel the same thing as I don't want to be the weirdo in the room. As the years went by I started to impress my parents' friends by knowing most of the car manufacturers and models on the street.

Anyway, when I was 6 years old (born in 2003), I remember being in the back of my dad's car, driving me to kindergarten on a cold day. The window was foggy and I wiping the fog off it so I could see outside. And there it was! A white E92 M3 parked on the street. Black rims, black roof. Dream car on the spot. It was love at first sight and ever since I have been in love with BMWs, especially the 3 series coupe! I love all cars but BMWs belong in my heart and soul, and not only M cars! Everything from the entry level 1 series to the M8 comp has my attention (F chasis is my favourite, contrary to popular opinion).

And so it has been my lifelong dream to own and drive a BMW and I swore to always own at least one of them beautiful machines. I am so blessed and thankful to have parents that bought me one. I didn't ask for a specific model or price range (I was thinking about a 5000 Euro E92 320i), I just wanted a BMW, any BMW (not diesel). They have been so supportive and decided to buy me my dream platform as my first car: the 3 series coupe! Now called the 4 series, I am the proud owner of a Mineral Grey F32 420i xDrive Coupe M Sport and I feel so overwhelmed everyday. This car changed my life, changed my habits, changed the way I think. I know I probably sound stupid as the general opinion is that kids my age (18) shouldn't have this type of cars. And in 99% of the cases I agree. But I think I am in that 1%. I never flaunt it, I never think I'm better than others, I never drive like a maniac. Fun fact, my friends (with lower-end cars) told me that I am "driving like an old lady, especially considering that I drive a BMW". I don't. I just don't put myself and my car up to unnecessary risks that could hurt either one of us. I am in love with the F32/F82 platforms ever since they came out, and I really forced myself to like the new G chasis but it was a failed attempt. I stick with F. Owning an F32 is amazing, it's a dream come true, it's something I didn't even dare to imagine two years ago. Now I'm motivated more than ever and I'm working hard to get into university and eventually get myself the F82 M4 Comp LCI, then I can die in peace...

If anyone has read up until here thank you and let me know what you think!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 05:04 PM   #33
hybrid90
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _iggnat_ View Post
I was always into cars. My grandpa always tells me that when I was about two or three years old I used to go up to cars' wheels, touch the rims and reach for the calipers. I strongly believe I was born with this passion and I cannot explain it thoroughly, I hope some of you feel the same thing as I don't want to be the weirdo in the room. As the years went by I started to impress my parents' friends by knowing most of the car manufacturers and models on the street.

Anyway, when I was 6 years old (born in 2003), I remember being in the back of my dad's car, driving me to kindergarten on a cold day. The window was foggy and I wiping the fog off it so I could see outside. And there it was! A white E92 M3 parked on the street. Black rims, black roof. Dream car on the spot. It was love at first sight and ever since I have been in love with BMWs, especially the 3 series coupe! I love all cars but BMWs belong in my heart and soul, and not only M cars! Everything from the entry level 1 series to the M8 comp has my attention (F chasis is my favourite, contrary to popular opinion).

And so it has been my lifelong dream to own and drive a BMW and I swore to always own at least one of them beautiful machines. I am so blessed and thankful to have parents that bought me one. I didn't ask for a specific model or price range (I was thinking about a 5000 Euro E92 320i), I just wanted a BMW, any BMW (not diesel). They have been so supportive and decided to buy me my dream platform as my first car: the 3 series coupe! Now called the 4 series, I am the proud owner of a Mineral Grey F32 420i xDrive Coupe M Sport and I feel so overwhelmed everyday. This car changed my life, changed my habits, changed the way I think. I know I probably sound stupid as the general opinion is that kids my age (18) shouldn't have this type of cars. And in 99% of the cases I agree. But I think I am in that 1%. I never flaunt it, I never think I'm better than others, I never drive like a maniac. Fun fact, my friends (with lower-end cars) told me that I am "driving like an old lady, especially considering that I drive a BMW". I don't. I just don't put myself and my car up to unnecessary risks that could hurt either one of us. I am in love with the F32/F82 platforms ever since they came out, and I really forced myself to like the new G chasis but it was a failed attempt. I stick with F. Owning an F32 is amazing, it's a dream come true, it's something I didn't even dare to imagine two years ago. Now I'm motivated more than ever and I'm working hard to get into university and eventually get myself the F82 M4 Comp LCI, then I can die in peace...

Beautiful Color!! I've always loved the M Sport front ends on the 4 Series. The only thing I regret about getting a 340i M Sport instead of the 440i M Sport Gran Coupe...
      02-17-2022, 05:21 PM   #34
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0p View Post
We all know that feeling when you catch yourself staring at car.
Also sound like you have been bitten by the mod bug as well. Soon you'll start order parts just to have cuz all of these delays, then looking up Dinan, bootmod3, MHD, BimmerCode, ceramic coating on and on... Its an addiction you're going to need help.
YES! Like many first time BMW buyers . . . I wish I had more knowledge prior to purchasing. But ye don't know what ye don't know. I am finding out that for my model . . . there are not a whole lot of options for body kits. Base models like mine can be hard to find upgrades for without doing some major work (as I have seen some do on this forum - but not in my budget).

I have my eye on some OEM Black Rims for $3,200
I am . . . . on the fence about MPPSK. I want it . .but at $4,500 ayeeee. I need to decide if I want to keep this car for 10 years and invest - or hold off and trade it in for maybe m3 later on. Wold LOVE an M3 (or4 lol). . . but I also love this GC to the moon. And if I made her a sleeper . . over time . . . maybe I would prefer that. So - yes. I have been bitten. I have much to learn here though about mods and tunes and all that. Been reading and reading and reading, since I brought her home. Lots of great info and peeps right here.

BTW - I have read all of these replies. Every one of them. And I love them all. I find it so cool and interesting to see all the different paths that bring a common group together. Because . . at least from my point - I don't see any other car community more enthusiastic about a brand . . then BMW.

I have had some great luxury Cadillacs, over the years. But this GC, was the very first vehicle that I ever had . . . where, when I parked at the grocery store, the other day, someone actually came over and told me she was a beautiful car. And man - I will take THAT any day. Chest out. Smiles. Yessir She is a beauty.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2022, 08:27 AM   #35
p0p
Ninja
Rep
Drives: N54 & B58

Garage List
IMHO - MPPSK is not worth it.
I currently went with a Dinan sport since I got it for free and also got Dinan intake. I will most likely just go with Dinan stage 1. My 340 only has 10k miles and is still under normal/CPO warranty. I am not looking to go to crazy in mods; since my best mod is a rear baby/kid seat.

Also not a fan of black wheels. Wheels I've been eyeing is is the VMR 804/803, but I love my oem 704m. I've already spent too much on the car

I'm working on the exterior and she just got a M performance CF put on. The lip and sides are still sitting in the box. Just waiting on warmer days to put it on and also put on Avalon king ceramic

What you think about the badges - Debadge it or black it out? (I have both xdrive and 340i in matte black to put on)

I would also put that 3k/4k towards a M or a car you really want to keep - I just find a M car for me not practical since I have a mortgage and day care expense
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 09:06 AM   #36
Zheez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D (2015)

For me it was just the looks, comfort and style. I'd always liked the look of the 3 series, all the different generations over the years, and various friends had owned various different models. But the first one I actually ended up getting was an E90.

It was only a 2010 320D ED with MT since I usually do quite a lot of mileage, at one point I was doing around 50k a year so the N47 (chain issues aside) was the perfect engine for that. It gave me reasonable levels of performance, great fuel economy and was nice and comfortable, perfect for cruising on 70mph roads. I bought it on 50k miles and after 3 years or so I'd taken it to 165k miles when the gearbox decided to lose reverse gear. Since the engine had been making a suspected chain related noise for quite some time I decided it wasn't worth getting it fixed so I got rid of it. My logic at the time is that my car allowance that work pays me pretty much covered the expense of the car after 3 years, so anything I got beyond that was a bonus. It did absolutely amazingly though, nothing ever went wrong with it, only ever had to have the clutch and flywheel replaced which is of course only a maintenance thing. It never needed anything else replacing outside of basic servicing.

At that point I tried something different, a MK4.5 Ford Mondeo (or Fusion for you guys in the US) with the 2.2 litre diesel engine. It wasn't a bad car, but it was supposed to be 197bhp and yet it still never really felt as quick as my 163bhp 320D ED and the fuel economy was awful. It was also nowhere near as nice to drive as my 3 Series. Owned it for about 10 months before I decided moving away from a BMW was a bad idea so I got another 320D ED, this time an F30 of course.

So far I've had this current one for just over 3 years and thanks to the whole Covid and furlough situation my mileage has been a lot less than usual and I've only put about 45k on it in that time. Here's hoping I'll get at least another year or two out of it and have similar or better luck to my old car with reliability because with the prices of used cars right now, at least in the UK, I would really hate to be buying anything right now. Next car is highly likely to be a 330D unless my job role changes because with low or even normal mileage I'd probably be looking at a 340i

Last edited by Zheez; 02-18-2022 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 09:56 AM   #37
sqwinny
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 328i M Sport

More or less I was looking for cars years ago and living in the mid west I loved them but didn't see too many. Drove a 6MT 2003 330i xdrive and it was a hoot. Loved the car. Eventually I bought one when my Mazda died and that's about it. Drive many cars in this class for the f30 and the a4 was ok but bland, a5 was nice but bland/heavy, c350 v6 was cool but didn't feel connected to the road. The bmw won here for me and the rest is history.
IG + YT: Sqwin_n20
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 03:52 PM   #38
Danddd
Love rollin in my wagon
Rep
Drives: 2016 F31 Saphire Black/Saddle

I was friends with a Vietnam vet at the local community college in the mid 70s. I was driving a 70 Beetle. He had just bought a 2002. He told me to take it for a spin. I was hooked at that point. A point where BMW wasn't a prestige brand, but a true handling fun to drive car.
      02-19-2022, 02:38 AM   #39
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

I wanted an unreliable sports car. It's amazing.
Appreciate 2
rjd_F302000.50
dmaxdmax417.00
      02-19-2022, 06:16 PM   #40
OM
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe F36

Began my career and realized I could Buy a used BMW. Picked up a mint 1988 318is in cherry red w black leather. The 138hp was fantastic as was the ride. Excellent first experience w BMW cars
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 06:19 PM   #41
OM
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe F36

Quote:

Loved reading your thoughts. Great Write up and Pics! Congrats to you!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 08:28 PM   #42
visionaut
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435iX GC & 1976 2002

About 25 years ago, hunting for a fun future classic I could wrench on, I took a test drive in this little German saloon.

I was hooked on the spot. Became a bimmerphile over the years as it morphed from my daily to its current weekend canyon carver status. The modding bug means it’s now far from original, and never quite finished…

Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #43
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

Beautiful car - and story. I hope you get that F82 M4 Comp LCI!!

I love my f36 xDrive GC. I LOVE her. I only wish I knew more about BMW's before I made my purchase. As much as I DO love her, I may have gone with something that was not a base model. I dream of the m3/m4 (I would take either for sure). One day.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 08:15 PM   #44
Bob Loblah
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW F36 440i xDrive

I've always liked BMWs. My dad had a 520i about 10 years ago and I really enjoyed the drive, how solid it feels.

Fast forward to 2021, I was finally able to afford a new car and was shopping between an Acura TLX and and CPO 540i. I went with the TLX because of the reliability reasons. Turns out it's a total lemon. So I decided to get rid of it. I didn't consider the 540i again as I missed having a hatchback. My last car was a Subaru Crosstrek, and I also missed the smaller size of it. I've always like the 4 GC since it came out. I think it's one of the most attractive looking and practical cars on the market. I was lucky enough to find a CPO in good condition and went for it. It's been a great ownership experience so far. Love the car and hoping to keep it for years to come!
Appreciate 0