F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Share your BimmerTech PP82DSP Amp Tune Files **Updated 01/15/18
proTUNING Freaks

04-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #111
saaltonen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 328i xDrive

Been a while since I posted here, life has been crazy. FINALLY got a chance to sit and do a thorough tune for my F31 LHD with Bavsound Stage 1, Bavsound Underseats, and a dedicated rear subwoofer.

Hope this helps someone out, I spent some time to take measurements and set up the time correction this time, and bypassed a lot of EQing for the mids and highs to start, as I try to not use it if possible. I think I arrived at a solid tune for all genres (I listen to many). I boosted the gain a little across the board, as I listen with the windows and sunroof open a good amount so have to compensate for extra ambient noise i suppose.

Will use this one for a while and update if I make any further changes, really happy with the outcome though. Much better imaging and sound stage now that the time correction is setup. I tried to blend the rear dedicated subwoofer with the bavsound underseat woofers as well, and think I got it right this time. Depending on what kind of subwoofer setup you have (if any) you will need to adjust to suit. I would recommend starting with adjusting your subwoofer amplifier gain to blend with the rest of the tune.

If anyone has some suggestions, by all means let me know. Just tried to find what sounded good to me following the tuning manual provided by the manufacturer.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf saaltonen_revisedtune.afpx.pdf (1.9 KB, 458 views)
2014 F31 328i xDrive - Alpine White - KW V2 - 19" MORR VS8.2 - BSW Stage 1 - BSW Under Seat Woofer - BimmerTech Amp - Infinity Kappa 100.9w/500W Mono Amp - M-Sport Rear Bumper - M-Performance Diffuser - M3 F80 Style Front Bumper
Appreciate 4
ronanz1822.50
Wiz99212.50
      05-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #112
chrissalexx_
Private
Rep
Drives: F32 435i 6MT

Just received my amp today. When installing a tune via the software, does the amp have to be connected to the harness in the car or can I install a tune from my desktop without the harness and only the usb?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #113
jrod33084
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissalexx_ View Post
Just received my amp today. When installing a tune via the software, does the amp have to be connected to the harness in the car or can I install a tune from my desktop without the harness and only the usb?
Yes you would need to have it plugged into the car because it needs to be powered on. Not to mention how else would you be able to fine tune it if you can't listen at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2017, 01:46 AM   #114
pacman335
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Bavsound Stage 1 + SWS 8xi

Hi All,

Thought I'd share my Bimmertech amp tune since I haven't seen one posted for the setup in my 335i: Bavsound stage one + SWS 8Xi subs underseat. Thanks to Technic for the SWS recommendation and adapter rings. I do not have a dedicated trunk sub.

I started with the Bimmertech bsw V3 tune, but mid-bass with that setup was a bit messy with the SWS speakers. Here's what's I changed:

1) Adjusted crossovers to match the lower range of the SWS's
2) Used my calibrated mic with the software to match Audiotec's default curve on each channel
3) Turned down the center channel a bit more to improve separation
4) High's had come down a lot after #2, but I liked the bimmertech's tweeter presence so brightened things back up a bit, though not as much as the original.

Really happy with the definition across the range. As many have said the SWS's don't bump like a true sub down low but are otherwise great.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BSW stage 1 + SWS.afpx.pdf (2.0 KB, 375 views)
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2017, 08:30 PM   #115
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaltonen View Post
Been a while since I posted here, life has been crazy. FINALLY got a chance to sit and do a thorough tune for my F31 LHD with Bavsound Stage 1, Bavsound Underseats, and a dedicated rear subwoofer.

Hope this helps someone out, I spent some time to take measurements and set up the time correction this time, and bypassed a lot of EQing for the mids and highs to start, as I try to not use it if possible. I think I arrived at a solid tune for all genres (I listen to many). I boosted the gain a little across the board, as I listen with the windows and sunroof open a good amount so have to compensate for extra ambient noise i suppose.

Will use this one for a while and update if I make any further changes, really happy with the outcome though. Much better imaging and sound stage now that the time correction is setup. I tried to blend the rear dedicated subwoofer with the bavsound underseat woofers as well, and think I got it right this time. Depending on what kind of subwoofer setup you have (if any) you will need to adjust to suit. I would recommend starting with adjusting your subwoofer amplifier gain to blend with the rest of the tune.

If anyone has some suggestions, by all means let me know. Just tried to find what sounded good to me following the tuning manual provided by the manufacturer.

Hands down the best tune on here, and my personal favorite! VERY well done sir!! .

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #116
saaltonen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Hands down the best tune on here, and my personal favorite! VERY well done sir!! .

Thanks brother, I have been working on some slight changes to mine that I will upload when they are ready. Just minor tweaks really, nothing major.

Also, as bad as it sounds I kind of like the Active Sound if properly blended. Since this is the case, I lowered my overall gain a bit to make it sounds less fake and noticeable. I try to keep the tunes I upload at a higher gain for people that have coded ASD off. I am running the N54 sound on my N20 328i and it actually doesn't sound too horrible, sounds much nicer at WOT and high revs with an I6 sound rather than the I4. The car is daily driven by my wife, so it is nice to hear the sound when I drive in Sport/Sport+ but she doesn't hear it in Comfort. Almost like having a variable valve exhaust, haha.
2014 F31 328i xDrive - Alpine White - KW V2 - 19" MORR VS8.2 - BSW Stage 1 - BSW Under Seat Woofer - BimmerTech Amp - Infinity Kappa 100.9w/500W Mono Amp - M-Sport Rear Bumper - M-Performance Diffuser - M3 F80 Style Front Bumper
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #117
tursiops
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D Sport Tourer

Hi, looking for some advice for my UK spec F31 with base sound system (yes not even a seperate amp!). Have ordered the BimmerTech amp and full install kit which should arrive soon. Also looking to replace the door speakers (will replace rear with coax and front with components) and underseat woofers with something better. Need all my boot space so can't add a sub. I see lots of people using Bav Sound which I would be pleased to use too but these aren't easy to get hold of in the UK unless you import them yourself which is very expensive on tax and duty, anyone on here knows of a UK or EU importer? So another pretty much PnP solution in Europe is Blam which a lot of people seem to use over here but not seen anyone use them with this amp and don't if there's a better solution for the money? Anyone got any thoughts or advice for a BMW newby?!
Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 12:36 PM   #118
antah
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: G31 530xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaltonen View Post

What version of DSP tool (ATF) do you suggest to use? Thanks!

Last edited by antah; 06-27-2017 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #119
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antah View Post
What version of DSP tool (ATF) do you suggest to use? Thanks!

Newest (.afpx) version

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 01:30 AM   #120
antah
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: G31 530xD

Quote:
Newest (.afpx) version

Sorry, i meant to ask whether 2.93 or 3.40? I read somewhere between posts, that 2.93 is more stable and majority of config files here better support 2.93. Is it no longer true?
      06-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #121
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antah View Post
Sorry, i meant to ask whether 2.93 or 3.40? I read somewhere between posts, that 2.93 is more stable and majority of config files here better support 2.93. Is it no longer true?

No longer true...go v3.20 or higher for .afpx

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #122
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Any of you ever uploaded files via MicroSD card?
I have no laptop anymore and wanted to know if this was a successful option.

MicroSD card reader
The Micro SD card reader can be used to download firmware and software updates as well as complete DSP setup les containing all DSP settings. After having inserted the MicroSD card into the card slot of the PP 82DSP, the le will be automatically copied to the internal memory of the amplifier. While the copy is in progress, the status LED ashes red. It changes to green or orange once the process is finished.
      07-25-2017, 01:09 AM   #123
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 428i GC Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttomczak View Post
Has anyone done a 428 Gran Coupe (F36) with the stock Hifi tune?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohnstone3 View Post
Is there a tune file for an F36 with OEM HiFi speakers? I searched a bit but couldn't find one.

Bought my amp used (think he had an F30) so just curious if the tune that is likely loaded already could be improved upon.

Thanks in advance.
Kind of late, but since no one else had it, I attempted this myself and matched as close to the helix match pc tool (3.x) reference curve as I could. Sounds pretty balanced. Otherwise, the f30 oem hifi tune provided here sounds half decent (I think the speaker locations and dimensions of the cabins should be close, minus the hatch but there are only 2 small speakers in the rear doors anyway). I used it as a base to do my own tuning of it.

This is for the F36 Grand Coupe with stock hifi 676 speakers and the bimmertech pp82 dsp amp. While mine is left-hand drive, I had the levels/timings match symmetrically to work with both LHD and RHD.

*Update* 9/4/17 Slightly adjusted center timing more and RTA'd/revised again; most likely the final revision and removing the "car centered tune" as this one has so much more hours for refinement after learning more. Also attaching the external sub file since devil84 requested it.

*Updated
1/16/18 I've been driving with the seat back further for smoother drives (my wife thought my driving was too jerky and aggressive before) so I've added some timing revision to as a new file
1/31/18 Removed the new file as the original still produces a more natural soundstage and better imaging. The original is my self-proclaimed universal stock speakers + bimmertech amp tune
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf [foveon] F36 HiFi RTA.afpx.pdf (1.9 KB, 616 views)

Last edited by foveon; 01-31-2018 at 11:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 08:46 AM   #124
igorce
Rep
Drives: F36 430d

Quote:
Originally Posted by foveon View Post
Kind of late, but since no one else had it, I attempted this myself and matched as close to the helix match pc tool (3.x) reference curve as I could. Sounds very balanced around the middle volume mark, however, I could sometimes use more bass in a car. Otherwise, the f30 oem hifi tune provided here sounds decent (I think the speaker locations and dimensions of the cabins should be close, minus the hatch but there are only 2 small speakers in the rear doors anyway)

This is for the F36 Grand Coupe with stock hifi 676 speakers and the bimmertech pp82 dsp amp. While mine is left-hand drive, I had the levels/timings match symmetrically. The file is zipped up for upload. Please let me know your thoughts or any modifications to improve upon it.
Great!
I will try it tomorrow and give you feedback.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 04:56 PM   #125
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorce View Post
Great!
I will try it tomorrow and give you feedback.
Try the new versions I just uploaded to my original post instead!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 05:08 PM   #126
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Kind of late, but since no one else had it, I attempted this myself and matched as close to the helix match pc tool (3.x) reference curve as I could. Sounds very balanced around the middle volume mark, however, I could sometimes use more bass in a car. Otherwise, the f30 oem hifi tune provided here sounds decent (I think the speaker locations and dimensions of the cabins should be close, minus the hatch but there are only 2 small speakers in the rear doors anyway)

This is for the F36 Grand Coupe with stock hifi 676 speakers and the bimmertech pp82 dsp amp. While mine is left-hand drive, I had the levels/timings match symmetrically. The file is zipped up for upload. Please let me know your thoughts or any modifications to improve upon it.

*Update* 7/25/17 Made a few revisions to the file and added a revised version of bimmertech's f30 oem for good measure.

Could you please up load in .afpx.pdf format rather than zip (as stated in 1st post)?

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #127
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Could you please up load in .afpx.pdf format rather than zip (as stated in 1st post)?

Done!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #128
igorce
Rep

Quote:
Try the new versions I just uploaded to my original post instead!
Did you change something?
Or just uploaded it as afpx instead of zip?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #129
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorce View Post
Did you change something?
Or just uploaded it as afpx instead of zip?
Yes, made a few more changes.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 03:31 PM   #130
fhlh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
anyone updated to v4?

http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/e...sp-pc-tool-v4/
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #131
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhlh View Post
I tried it but I think it's still buggy (it's in beta after all) while I was attempting RTA, so I reverted back to v3. It seems to be backward compatible with the file format, thankfully.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 04:49 PM   #132
igorce
Rep

Quote:
Yes, made a few more changes.
I tested it now.
It's quiter than other tune files and like you said the bass isn't so strong. But I will continue to test it on a longer drive.
Thanks
Appreciate 0