Rep
Drives: 2013 6MT 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixiang7349 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel918 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lixiang7349 View Post
Question about building engine like this: forged internals are strong no doubt but won't the engine housing block be the bottle neck then? Making that much power won't break the housing?
Also is the transmission driveshaft etc able to withstand that much torque?

I also used cast iron cylinder liners to strengthen the block. I'm not going to run a lot of boost, about 20-22 psi max on the turbo, and 13-15 psi on the supercharger. I think the transmission should handle it, but I guess we're going to find out
Would 22 psi require forged? Why not use stock replacement? I read forged are heavier which requires higher boost to compensate.
Engine wise you "should" be fine for around 500whp with forged rods/bearings/fuel pump/upgraded turbo. It all depends on the tune. Not sure how the n20 holds up to detonation while tuning for higher power levels compared to famous tuning engines of the past (4G63, k20, 2JZ, rb26, etc). Also we don't know at what power and turbo boost level the head will try and come off without upgrading head bolts/studs/gaskets.

Replacing internals with sleeves I wouldn't see why 1000hp couldn't by possible for the block itself. Fueling we have support to pretty close to that with upgraded LPFP/HPFP and port injection as a supplement.

Really truly, and. Realistically we should hit drivetrain limits before engine block limits. Not sure what the Getrag holds power wise for the 6MT crowd (simulator trans to e90 n52/n55 f30) or what the auto trans actually holds. Also big turbo limits are here as with a stage 2 turbo you're looking around 400whp +/- for off the shelf offerings for n20. Anything more than that will require a custom manifold at the moment.
IG + YT: Sqwin_n20
Appreciate 0