10-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
OEM Swivel bearing installed - uneven front camber

I just got my OEM -30Min swivel bearings installed, which are intended to add -0.5 degrees of front camber. After install, my shop naturally did an alignment. The results are perfect, with one exception - but the exception is a little troubling...

Front:
Camber-
left: -1.1 deg
right: -0.6 deg

Toe (in)-
left: 0.12 deg
right: 0.10 deg

Rear:
Camber-
left: -1.9 deg
right: -1.9 deg

Toe (in)-
left: 0.14 deg
right: 0.16 deg

The troubling part is of course the fact that there is 0.5 deg less negative camber at the front/right. It's almost as if the right -30Min swivel bearing was never installed. (I wish I had an alignment report before adding the parts to compare against, but this is the first alignment the car has received being that it's only a few weeks old.)
On the road, I feel that the front end has more grip when cornering to the right than to the left - but of course it's very hard to objectively tell how much when factoring in my subjective perception knowing that the numbers are off.

My question is, has anyone else seen alignments where the disparity between left and right front camber was a half degree? Being that the car is brand new, is it possible that it came from the factory with approx. -0.6 degrees on the left, and -0.1 degrees on the right?

Last edited by DVC; 10-17-2013 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: Edited to correct rear toe-IN
Appreciate 0