03-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #155
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
Thanks for the response. Sounds like your tuner did a hell of a job with BM3. I was certain that Enzo also had their tune and also worked with BM3. RWD and all that power ,yes boost by gear certainly key. I guess the safety provisions that they claim are available with JB4 were not even something you were concerned with?

I'm gonna see what goes on with the AA tune since I am far away from considering a turbo upgrade for now. But damn Brazil sure is far!!!!! Car was sent to Brazil right?

Doesn't get any more "safe" (if there's such a thing) than a Flash Tuned "Limp Mode". When you work with Flash Tuning, you're changing the DME/ECU's ACTUAL tables (this is why it's important your tuner knows what he's looking at and knows the vehicles platform). Jb4 just "tricks" the DME/ECU into "scenarios"...precisely why Jb4 HAS to have failsafes (Limpmode is the last and final failsafe, you hit that on Jb4...you got PROBLEMS!!)

No, my car was sent to ENZO (New York) as their Test Mule for the PureTurbo S2 Flash. The DME/ECU had just been "Unlocked/Figured Out" with VERY limited tables found or known, so back then, flashing was in it's VERY early stages as I was a handful of guys who "took the plunge". After it was said and done, ENZO discovered (I think early on...just didn't tell me) he couldn't develop a "Flash Only" tune and needed Jb4 as the "boost controller" - Custom Map 6.

After discussing online with ACF (Ricardo and Alex - [Alex is no longer part of ACF]) we decided to meet up in Vegas at SEMA. They pulled the DME, re-unlocked and flashed their magic. REALLY transformed the car. I just email my logs for Ricardo to view, adjust/correct whats needed, he emails the completed "Map File" back (or he can directly upload into "My Maps" via bm3). He can literally tune my car from anywhere in the world...

Like I stated, there's a couple of guys in the bm3 platform that absolutely know their shit!! My opinion, NO ONE has put in the reverse engineering and development like Dzenan has at proTuning Freaks (PTF) to bring bm3 to market. Truly incredible...quite frankly, I wouldn't allow anyone who wasn't on bm3's platform to even touch my car as they're limiting you to just their Maps. In my opinion, it's really the difference between thinking in 2D vs 3D. Rant over.....

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
ceedawg467.50