DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakystein View Post
This baffle does look impressive, keep it posted here to and let us know the results. I was thinking using the m2 sump and oil pump, but it's quite hard to find a used set and the price for new is pretty steep.

Was tracking the car, everything went great on the early stage, but after about 2 hours of tracking, the car oil temp started going up, then it started to feel like misfire. So i stop the car and didnt continue. Send in for check the next day and thought it was just coil or plugs, but after changing those, the knock became more apparent at low rpm. Here is the pic of the shod rod bearing and crank.
Great job stopping the car when you noticed the misfires, and saving further damage! I was not so fortunate....

I had heard it was not possible to oil starve an N55 F30 on street tires, but I managed to do coming through the Chute at Summit Point. Before I knew what was happening, the car was pulling power, threw a rod through the block, and the engine caught fire. I was THIS close to upgrading to the M3 oil pan and pumps before this event, but the cost was definitely a deterrent.

I was on the fence for a while with either rebuilding the car with a used engine, or selling the chassis and getting started with a apec e46 build. In the end I chose the latter. I will truly miss this car.