F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
proTUNING Freaks

10-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #2355
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0 Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooju View Post
Hello,
I have a 7.1 adroid unit and my google maps keeps crashing every now and then. When they do, it's just a black screen with few lines (looks silimar to a cracked lcd). When i restart the unit, all is fine again.
1. Did anyone had similar issue?
2. Is there a way to reboot the unit without switching car off?

Also, when i switch on the unit, the fist thing that start is the music player.

3. How can i set the default 'starting' app?

4. Could somebody provide me with updates for cic 7.1 android please?

Thanks in advance
Is this the 8,8 inch version. If so there is a reset switch on the right side. There is a small hole. You need a smal steal thing to push it.

It is not possible to make a default app to my understanding. To be honest I am happy that music app starts on default. Because when I close music app and start spotify or internett radio, both works with next and back key on steeringwheel.

This freeze issue has also happened to me once. I think its running to hot. Its just a guess from me. But I know from other units that PX3 will overheat very easy. I am going to install a fan later to see if it helps. <-- But I have only experienced it once. But I am only using it for Sycig, not Gmaps. I think Gmaps is using more Cpu power.

Firmware updates.

MCU updates. <.-- Only instal CIC MCU updates on your unit if your is CIC. NOT CCC and NOT NBT.

THIS IS 7.1 ONLY. DO NOT USE FOR ANDROID 4.4.4
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 08:04 AM   #2356
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NONO- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcherian View Post
I have a 10.25 inch Gen 1 4.4.4 unit for my F30 (originally with 6.5 inch CIC) that I bought from one of the vendors at AliExpress. I have not updated the MCU since I installed the unit in Nov 2017.

After I got out of the bootIoop issue with help from -NONO-, I realise that after I installed the new firmware, ID6 does not come up as an option probably because the MCU has not been updated. Does anyone have a newer MCU file that is suitable for this system?

Those with ID6... is it worth the trouble?

Install this.................. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rr...ocK6IYpU0Ew1pP

1.- Uncompress it
2.- Copy the XML file on a flash drive.
3.- Connect the pendrive and restart the device.
4.- Wait about 30 seconds, after that the update device.
👍. Perfect!!! It worked without a hitch. From having a unit that I thought I had to junk (due to boot loop) I now have a unit that feels like a new one with ID6. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks -NONO-, you are my savior!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 08:11 AM   #2357
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy10v3 View Post
Greetings all,

Sorry I'm off the topic, I have 2011 x5d CIC just installed AVIN running into hassle that's no sound out.

If key in inigtion (not running) I have decent sound from android and idrive without connect to Aux from under armrest. BUT once I startup the car (running) I have no sound from android but does have sound from idrive. Every thing working perfectly no hit Cup.

I have basic speaker system not hifi, from my knowledge only if you have logic7 than you don't needed connect to aux. Moved optic cable into AVIN harness. AVIN AUX turn into AUX INPUT instead OUTPUT. Mean I can connect my iPhone via aux playing music.

I have tried connect to aux under armrest, volume max no luck.
Any help, truly appreciate!!!!
If you have connected through AUX port from under arm-rest, before you move from idrive to Android side please check if you have selected AUX. If you play radio or cd from idrive side you will have to select AUX before you move to Android side for sound to come through the aux port. Please check this before you trouble shoot further.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #2358
Wooju
Rep
Drives: 5 series F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinkamaen View Post
Is this the 8,8 inch version. If so there is a reset switch on the right side. There is a small hole. You need a smal steal thing to push it.

It is not possible to make a default app to my understanding. To be honest I am happy that music app starts on default. Because when I close music app and start spotify or internett radio, both works with next and back key on steeringwheel.

This freeze issue has also happened to me once. I think its running to hot. Its just a guess from me. But I know from other units that PX3 will overheat very easy. I am going to install a fan later to see if it helps. <-- But I have only experienced it once. But I am only using it for Sycig, not Gmaps. I think Gmaps is using more Cpu power.

Firmware updates.

MCU updates. <.-- Only instal CIC MCU updates on your unit if your is CIC. NOT CCC and NOT NBT.

Thank you mate for your help. I will try to update it in the next few days.

The unit I have is the 10.25' as i have the F10.

Of the crashing issue was due to the temp of the unit, should't the whole unit not work? The build in car menu is fine and so is the music if it's playing. I sometimes even get the commands even though the screen is 'broken'
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #2359
-NONO-
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D F10

Quote:
👍. Perfect!!! It worked without a hitch. From having a unit that I thought I had to junk (due to boot loop) I now have a unit that feels like a new one with ID6. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks -NONO-, you are my savior!!!

I'm glad ...... This is the greatness of the network
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #2360
ddigian
Danilo
Italy
Rep
Drives: bmw 318d

NO SIGNAL

I have a unit 4.4.4 gen2 avin
and I still have the problem that often when yes
start the drive gives me the error "no signal"
I have to turn off the car or reset button
I have the latest update but still many times myself
from this problem

can someone help me

Thank you
Danilo
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 01:14 PM   #2361
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thank you mate for your help. I will try to update it in the next few days.

The unit I have is the 10.25' as i have the F10.

Of the crashing issue was due to the temp of the unit, should't the whole unit not work? The build in car menu is fine and so is the music if it's playing. I sometimes even get the commands even though the screen is 'broken'
If thats the case here, no its not heat issue. Mine was not doing the sam thing then, sorry for missunderstanding you.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 01:18 PM   #2362
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddigian View Post
I have a unit 4.4.4 gen2 avin
and I still have the problem that often when yes
start the drive gives me the error "no signal"
I have to turn off the car or reset button
I have the latest update but still many times myself
from this problem

can someone help me

Thank you
Danilo
Hello sir. I fixed my nosignal screen at booting with taking away gps splitter and running with original china antenna instead. I know that many people here are still running splitter without issue, but in my case it did not. So if you are running gps fakra splitter, try to remove it. It can help.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 03:50 AM   #2363
pcherian
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NONO- View Post
Quote:

I'm glad ...... This is the greatness of the network
Absolutely. Thank you!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 05:29 AM   #2364
ddigian
Danilo
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Hello sir. I fixed my nosignal screen at booting with taking away gps splitter and running with original china antenna instead. I know that many people here are still running splitter without issue, but in my case it did not. So if you are running gps fakra splitter, try to remove it. It can help.
in my case, I think not!
I did some tests and I think the problem is software and not hardware
in fact, when I delete the cache from the MUSIC app the system starts again and again without problems and then after some kind of 4 or 5 switching on the problem occurs again
and as if you could not shut down in time when you close the car
because the 12v power supply is removed before the system turns off completely
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #2365
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
in my case, I think not!
I did some tests and I think the problem is software and not hardware
in fact, when I delete the cache from the MUSIC app the system starts again and again without problems and then after some kind of 4 or 5 switching on the problem occurs again
and as if you could not shut down in time when you close the car
because the 12v power supply is removed before the system turns off completely
Oki, If you hard reset your device. Does it go directly in to No signal? Do you have splitter?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 07:23 AM   #2366
ddigian
Danilo
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Oki, If you hard reset your device. Does it go directly in to No signal? Do you have splitter?
yes I have the splitter, I also did the Hard reset, but
anything .
I tell you that not using the app music and using all of them
other applications the "no signal" problem on 30 ignitions
only once happened.
When using music there are problems otherwise not
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #2367
Wooju
Rep

Hello, could somebody advise please how to prepare the usb stick to upgrade the unit for android 7.1?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #2368
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
yes I have the splitter, I also did the Hard reset, but
anything .
I tell you that not using the app music and using all of them
other applications the "no signal" problem on 30 ignitions
only once happened.
When using music there are problems otherwise not
When I had the splitter installed my unit went in No signal mode everytime I hard reset my unit. Now without splitter I have not had any no signal screen since. Please test to only unplug GPS antenna for a while. Its a 5 min job.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #2369
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hello, could somebody advise please how to prepare the usb stick to upgrade the unit for android 7.1?
Format to Fat32 or NTFS. Copy PX3.img to root of USB stick. If it doesnt work on one usb port, try the other one. Min only worked to upgrade through 1 of 2 usb ports.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #2370
ddigian
Danilo
Italy
Rep

Quote:
When I had the splitter installed my unit went in No signal mode everytime I hard reset my unit. Now without splitter I have not had any no signal screen since. Please test to only unplug GPS antenna for a while. Its a 5 min job.
ok ,I'll try
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #2371
vieira_mar
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW F44 M235i

Quote:

Firmware updates.

Does this update work for my version?

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

My car is BMW F21

View post on imgur.com

Last edited by vieira_mar; 10-22-2018 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #2372
Wooju
Rep

Quote:
Format to Fat32 or NTFS. Copy PX3.img to root of USB stick. If it doesnt work on one usb port, try the other one. Min only worked to upgrade through 1 of 2 usb ports.
Thanks. That's what i have done but wasn't working. I had to disable the file explorer which was taking over the autorun and it work fine.

What is the difference between tbe firmware version and mcu? Do i need to upgrade both? Is there any order to do it is mcu has to be on specific version before upgrading firmware?

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 06:12 PM   #2373
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Have you guys seen this?

https://4x4shop.ca/product-category/...ation/oem-bmw/

Video Demo:

10-22-2018, 08:10 PM   #2374
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post

Great find!! Thanks!! . .

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #2375
jc2000
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hi,
Can someone Help, my unit is BMW F10 Android 4.4. Over last few days my Unit Stuck in the BMW logo when boot up. It doesn't boot up at all. The BMW original I Drive is working Fine but not the Android. Can someone please help.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 01:44 AM   #2376
kalinkamaen
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. That's what i have done but wasn't working. I had to disable the file explorer which was taking over the autorun and it work fine.

What is the difference between tbe firmware version and mcu? Do i need to upgrade both? Is there any order to do it is mcu has to be on specific version before upgrading firmware?

Thanks again
Firmware is upgrading Android.

I would not recommend to upgrade MCU If you are happy with how your unit is working. Newer is nopt always better.

Its writen to upgrade FW first and then MCU afterwards in documents. I am not sure what is the correct order. You can go for what version you want.
Appreciate 0