F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

08-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #4291
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I believe that the dpi is optimized for the a 8.5" screen. Do you have the 10" screen? As for auto-launch, it works on my Samsung Galaxy S10e without any adjustments needed. The problem seems to be that your phone is not automatically connecting to the mmi bt connection. That is what triggers auto launch. Which phone are you using?
I have the stock 8.8". It's definitely close, but still seems wrong given the stretching, would love to compare it to the OEM implementation on the 2017+ cars. DPI seems fine, it's just the resolution/aspect ratio that seems a hair off.

I have a Pixel 4. That does seem to be the issue, so maybe it's on the phone side, I'm not aware of any settings to change that.
Unfortunately the resolution options in the mmi sw are only 720p or 480p and are set simply by flagging them true or false. So there is no wiggle room.

For the bt issue, I would unpair the mmi bt connection, clear cache from the phone's bt app then go through the mmi pairing procedure again.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2020, 05:34 PM   #4292
random_flasher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F56

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-m4n View Post
Is a bad picture but see camera view for reference - mine is a third party camera and OEM sensors, the lines there move with the steering wheel and my MMI is from Andream with the most recent mod firmware.

That's the full screen view, ignore that weird black bar from the picture, the image is clear. There is a setting to make it split view but I prefer the full screen option.
Thank you ! =) so now it's the real oem pdc ! Before, when I was going to full screen, lines were not displayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalli07 View Post
Tu as l’œil ^^, oui je suis français
Je l’ai mis sous le boîtier nbt II y a pas mal de place en retirant le cache tout en bas du nbt, tu en profites pour sortir le câble usb par l ouverture qui tient le cache en plastique sous la radio

Je n’ai pas pris de photo en reverse mode (marche arrière?) si c’est le cas, ça m affiche le radar de recul oem et re bascule sur CarPlay quand je finis la marche arrière
Ah tu n'as pas de GPS intégré ?? parceque moi en NBT avec GPS pro ça prend énormément de place donc obligé de le mettre sous la boite à gant...

Du coup pour la marche arrière j'ai eu ma photo

Merci pour tes réponses
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 05:54 PM   #4293
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Hey guys I want to install one of these units in my friends 340 but he doesn't have an aux port. Will this not work for him? I installed this unit in my 320 with an aux port, so I'm not sure how it works.

Also, where can I get the new andream version B unit? Any specific sellers?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:06 PM   #4294
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomed27 View Post
Hey guys I want to install one of these units in my friends 340 but he doesn't have an aux port. Will this not work for him? I installed this unit in my 320 with an aux port, so I'm not sure how it works.

Thank you
Aux port is not needed, audio is delivered to the aux input through the quadlock
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:09 PM   #4295
random_flasher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F56

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambo622 View Post
Aux port is not needed, audio is delivered to the aux input through the quadlock
installed on a F30 2012 ,and no audio was available until I plugged it via Jack... so it depends on car's year maybe?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 06:10 PM   #4296
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
installed on a F30 2012 ,and no audio was available until I plugged it via Jack... so it depends on car's year maybe?
It depends on being CIC or NBT

CIC you need to plug it in, and NBT you do not.
Appreciate 1
parmap1.50
      08-20-2020, 06:18 PM   #4297
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post

What about the microphone? I had to tap into the oem mic on the 320
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 07:32 PM   #4298
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
What about the microphone? I had to tap into the oem mic on the 320
Not required with NBT, no idea on CIC
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #4299
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome! Thanks guys

Also, do y'all recommend any sellers? I bought my unit from China, but that took months to ship.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 10:16 PM   #4300
artfuldriver
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerij101 View Post
You shouldn't need to flash anything for the unit to work - it should work out of the box whichever one you buy. The custom firmware adds some nice things like widescreen Android Auto, and routing calls via the OEM bluetooth, but it will still work without these.
Thanks. Placing my order tonight
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 10:16 PM   #4301
GEDDES
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F30 330i

Quote:

Thank you
If you are after a unit for NBT that is the B unit.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...7b374c4dAPZOt8
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 11:13 PM   #4302
jaypayne05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i Gran Coupe M Package

Quote:

Thank you
You can get the B unit at the Andream store on AliExpress
      08-20-2020, 11:21 PM   #4303
theblues
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY14 328xi - Sportline

So it looks like there are a few scenarios relate to which firmware and MCU to use. My guess would be to ask you guys what version you use to accomplish the following scenario:
  1. CarPlay:
    • MMI for calls
    • BT OEM for calls, MMI for music
  2. Android Auto
    • BT OEM for calls, MMI for music
    • BT for calls and music

Correct me if the above scenarios are the possible use cases?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 01:34 AM   #4304
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
I believe that the dpi is optimized for the a 8.5" screen. Do you have the 10" screen? As for auto-launch, it works on my Samsung Galaxy S10e without any adjustments needed. The problem seems to be that your phone is not automatically connecting to the mmi bt connection. That is what triggers auto launch. Which phone are you using?
The resolution is the only real negative of v2 of the custom firmware, in v1 it looked great on the 10-inch screen, on v2 it is definitely not as good. But the other aspects are much better such as the call handling. Yes, the phone connects momentarily to the MMI bluetooth, then once AA is launched it disconnects and connects to the car bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 01:41 AM   #4305
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
Unfortunately the resolution options in the mmi sw are only 720p or 480p and are set simply by flagging them true or false. So there is no wiggle room.
So I wonder what was different about v1 of the custom firmware? It definitely looked clearer and the Google Maps suggested destinations takes up more of the screen in v2.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 01:48 AM   #4306
toioiz
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Andream Backup Camera

Hi there, I just installed an Andream MMI in my F30, and also a backup camera.

when I connect the RCA to the "Front Camera" I can see the unit in the "Camera" Section of the interface, but when I connect it to "Rear Camera" - I don't see anything in the Camera section, and when I shift to Reverse, it doesn't appear to auto-switch.

Is there something that needs to be coded for this to work? My Camera wasn't getting enough power from the reverse lights, so I had to hardwire it into the fuse box.

That said, the camera always has power now instead of only when backing up, which may be part of my problem.

Versions:
Andream NewUI/B-Version [NBT]
B V1.0.2
MCU 20.6.2

Last edited by toioiz; 08-21-2020 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: Adding in Versions of Software
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 01:58 AM   #4307
Len_Beach
Major
Rep
Drives: 435d

My first proper test of the CarPlay calls yesterday and there was a definite echo reported.

What are the latest audio settings to reduce/remove the echo?

I've tried to find them but there's a lot of info in the thread now.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 02:03 AM   #4308
Nastra
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

Hello everyone,
has anyone noticed that indiwork has encrypted its update page with a password?

Does anyone know the password?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 02:49 AM   #4309
xenirox
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 32D Luxury 184HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post

Same, i'm obliged to plug the jack, i have a CIC-HIGH, with the big screen
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 03:01 AM   #4310
xenirox
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 32D Luxury 184HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toioiz View Post

when I connect the RCA to the "Front Camera" I can see the unit in the "Camera" Section of the interface, but when I connect it to "Rear Camera" - I don't see anything in the Camera section, and when I shift to Reverse, it doesn't appear to auto-switch.

Is there something that needs to be coded for this to work? My Camera wasn't getting enough power from the reverse lights, so I had to hardwire it into the fuse box.

That said, the camera always has power now instead of only when backing up, which may be part of my problem.

Versions:
B V1.0.2
MCU 20.6.2
You should plug it in the proper jack, dedicated for the reverse CAM.
Don't plug it directly, you have the yellow wire on the MMI to give the cam power, or you can put a relay on the trunk to get power from the reverse light.

did you check your configuration on the MMI on "reverse" section ? upload an image to see.
I think you you disable the first or the second option.

on mine, i have a front and back CAM, i've installed the box yesterday, i have some issues, like the quality of the camera is poor, compared to the other bock i had before, and the front cam doesn't work when the PDC is ON, i have to disable manually the PDC to get the image.

for information, the front CAM is getting the power from the YELLOW wire!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 03:58 AM   #4311
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerij101 View Post
So I wonder what was different about v1 of the custom firmware? It definitely looked clearer and the Google Maps suggested destinations takes up more of the screen in v2.
The DPI is different.
v1 had 200 dpi and v2 has 210 dpi because I felt that 200 dpi still was a tiny bit too small. I tested 220 dpi as well but that was too big, so the choice was 210 dpi.

On my screen (8.8"), it doesn't look 'clearer' but 'bigger'. Maybe that's where the perceived difference comes from.
I can change that back for the next release (if there is any, depends on their updates), but so far more people have reported that it looks good than the other way around.

I'm also not sure about that stretched look. It looks fine to me, and circles are circles and not ovals anymore like on the old versions (without widescreen).

There is one more setting in the config for the phsyical screen measurements but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It was way off and I changed them to fit the 8.8" screen but I did not notice any difference.
Appreciate 3
x-m4n148.00
      08-21-2020, 05:00 AM   #4312
eduwinner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by toioiz View Post

Versions:
B V1.0.2
MCU 20.6.2
Camera icon only works for front camera view.

Rear camera is activated only when rear PDC is active. You can connect the camera to the MMI. Yellow RCA from cam to the yellow RCA labeled as "Rear cam" (or something like that) and the power wire form the cam to the yellow cable labeled as "12v back" (or something like that haha)
Appreciate 0