F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

01-30-2022, 04:46 PM   #9681
MJBO
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAF12 View Post
I came onto new developments by Joyce Auto it's more expensive but the hardware seems better according to the pictures and text. Anyone has bought such an item?

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/10050...rch-mainSearch
What's apparently "better" about this? Looks to be significantly more expensive, and if it really does require separate microphones it's not as integrated as a lot of the units being discussed here.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #9682
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
What's apparently "better" about this? Looks to be significantly more expensive, and if it really does require separate microphones it's not as integrated as a lot of the units being discussed here.
I see some shielding op the PCB after scrolling down the site and they use better (copper) wires for the harness but I don't know if it really make sense for the end user. I know one user that built multiple boxes in cars on a daily basis (on the Tweakers forum) and he confirms the 'better' units has real copper wires in the loom. So my asking is still standing, does anyone has experience with this box?

ps. This box has CCC too. Most boxes have EVO, NBT and CIC.
Attached Images

Last edited by RAAF12; 01-31-2022 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 06:09 PM   #9683
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimrb View Post
Hi! I'm a new member here.

I have a 12/2012 F30 with a business navigation with a Hu-CHAMP2 headunit with a 6,5' display.

Do you guys know of any screen that has wireless Android Auto?

The goal would be to get a better screen and android auto at the same time.
I know of the MMI but that would made me use the same screen.

There are some advantages and disadvantages to both the MMI and the Android HU setups. The MMI let your BMW OEM screen shine...or like in my case with my 6.5" OEM...leaves a lot to desire. I went with an Android HU 10.25" first, but the glare and reflection was so bad that I decided to switch to an MMI.

To get a better OEM screen , I ended up doing a retrofit from CIC to NBT on my F30 and also junked the OEM 6.5 screen for an F15 OEM 10.25" screen. Added a touch icontroller (a useless feature for OEM BMW setup) when replaced my 5-button to a 7-button one. The entire process is not for the faint of heart... But prices came down significantly for my old 2012 F30: I picked up the F15 screen for $200 on Ebay, $45 for the controller, $100 for the NBT HU, $40 for the touch ECU, and the emulator was about $80.

If you do not want to retrofit route, then there are some newer Android HU units that have a proper blue-tint anti-glare screen and not some laminate. But be careful, because you need to make sure you select the right seller and the right unit. As you may know many if not most Chinese sellers have no clue what they are selling, or willing to lie about their units and substituting them with fake MCU's, fake screens, inferior memory. So best to check out the Android HU threads on this same forum, check their first page posts first, and ask questions there:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1832178

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1699764

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1639676

Last edited by fe7565; 01-30-2022 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 02:50 AM   #9684
desperado666
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3

i got a update from Andream for my
Model: BMW_NBT2_1G
Version 1.6.6
The PIN is: 5025
https://mega.nz/file/KegEARwL#M3qyX_...5hjuoUMg8emJaw

Operation steps:

1. Copy the upgrade file 'GEMINI_PACK.BIN' and 'ISPBOOOT.BIN' into the root directory of the USB flash drive (FAT32, 8GB).

2. Plug the USB flash drive into the USB port.

3. Power on the CarPlay system to enter the main menu,

click 'Setup'-- 'System' -- 'Upgrade' -- 'System upgrade'.

4. The following menu appears and click “√”, the system will be upgraded.

5. Wait for about 1 minute, the upgrade process will occur during the process, and the power cannot be cut off during the process.

I istalled it and it seems to work fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 05:25 AM   #9685
toddbg
Private
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 2017 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado666 View Post
Version 1.6.6

Operation steps:

1. Copy the upgrade file 'GEMINI_PACK.BIN' and 'ISPBOOOT.BIN' into the root directory of the USB flash drive (FAT32, 8GB).

5. Wait for about 1 minute, the upgrade process will occur during the process, and the power cannot be cut off during the process.

Thank you for sharing.
I also updated.
My versions.

Model: EW-BMCP-NBT04X
SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST Version: B2_V1.6.6
MCU Version: 21.9.13.122
HW Version: BMW_NBT2
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2022, 09:42 AM   #9686
nsys
Rep
Drives: BMW F10LCI

hi all

hi to all. i have an andream (may be) B version, with hdmi, and with new interface (check attach). Maybe there is a firmware update for this device?

And another question, android auto interface is slightly flattened vertically, maybe someone knows how to fix it?
I use samsung galaxy s21 ultra, in the developer options is 411 dpi (default). In the andoid auto developer mode tried to switch the resolution to 720 and 1080, no result.
Dip switches is 11100000.
Thank you very much!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 09:54 AM   #9687
HNSY
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 & X3 F25

Hi experts,

I have installed a Andream MMI Box for CIC in my BMW X3 F25. All works fine so far, except of one issue. Not a real issue concerning the MMI itself.

When I wake Siri with the button on the steering wheel, the BMW voice control will kick in and waiting for commands.

Does anyone know how I can deactivate the BMW voice control, that this is not interfering with the MMI / Siri on my phone, when I push the steering wheel button?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 10:07 AM   #9688
lipcikm
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado666 View Post
Version 1.6.6

Operation steps:

Is this FW compatible with EW-BMCP-NBT02B?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 11:47 AM   #9689
desperado666
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcikm View Post
Is this FW compatible with EW-BMCP-NBT02B?
I don’t know. I got the firmware from Andream with out any further information. I had some problems with my Bluetooth connection. I told them my problems and they send me the firmware.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 12:20 PM   #9690
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsys View Post
hi to all. i have an andream (may be) B version, with hdmi, and with new interface (check attach). Maybe there is a firmware update for this device?

And another question, android auto interface is slightly flattened vertically, maybe someone knows how to fix it?
I use samsung galaxy s21 ultra, in the developer options is 411 dpi (default). In the andoid auto developer mode tried to switch the resolution to 720 and 1080, no result.
Dip switches is 11100000.
Thank you very much!
The firmware will need to be modified in order to correct the aspect ratio. Do you have a copy of the firmware?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 12:23 PM   #9691
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNSY View Post
Hi experts,

I have installed a Andream MMI Box for CIC in my BMW X3 F25. All works fine so far, except of one issue. Not a real issue concerning the MMI itself.

When I wake Siri with the button on the steering wheel, the BMW voice control will kick in and waiting for commands.

Does anyone know how I can deactivate the BMW voice control, that this is not interfering with the MMI / Siri on my phone, when I push the steering wheel button?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day
Short-pressing the steering wheel button supposed to bring up the OEM voice, and keep pressing it for 2-3 seconds supposed to bring up the Siri/Google voice prompt.

If you want to disable the OEM voice you may need to FDL-code it out.
Appreciate 1
HNSY1.50
      01-31-2022, 12:30 PM   #9692
nsys
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
The firmware will need to be modified in order to correct the aspect ratio. Do you have a copy of the firmware?
No, is there a way to dump it?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 12:39 PM   #9693
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
No, is there a way to dump it?
No, you would have to get a copy from the vendor.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 02:53 PM   #9694
Eldewy
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: Mini Clubman F54 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Short-pressing the steering wheel button supposed to bring up the OEM voice, and keep pressing it for 2-3 seconds supposed to bring up the Siri/Google voice prompt.

If you want to disable the OEM voice you may need to FDL-code it out.
Long pressing the iDrive controller also brings Siri up. And for those who use OEM Bluetooth for calls, this is the better option because you can hear Siri‘s audible feedback to your commands.
Appreciate 2
HNSY1.50
fe7565609.50
      01-31-2022, 05:00 PM   #9695
sizanx
Private First Class
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d Gran Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
muniz_ri did you have to modify the isp.c other than changing the "nand erase" etc. to correspond what "strings ISPBOOOT.BIN" shows (besides changing to gemini)?

I've build a new ispbooot.bin, just changed cp_back.png to test, wanted to ask before I brick my unit
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 05:53 PM   #9696
ggrcrash
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 x-drive

PSA finally figured out automatic dark mode for Carplay/Android auto. Always had to set it manually, now working with automatic headlights...

1. Make sure your phone is set to light/dark automatic in androidauto from the settings.

2. Go to the menu screen in androidauto in the car.

3.follow the photos
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 03:02 AM   #9697
nsys
Rep

Did a little research. There is a picture only when the switches are in this position. If I disable switch 4, then I see a black screen, while the sound works, the native menu, too.
There is some pictures.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 04:27 AM   #9698
KKKAAA
Rep
Drives: BMW f10

Hi Guys
i have successfully installed the CarPlay box i got from roadtop in my mini cooper

i only i have one issue

the screen seems to be a little pixelated when i am on the album art screen while playing music.. anyway to fix it?

i use CarPlay not AA
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 08:53 AM   #9699
Eldewy
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKAAA View Post
Hi Guys
i have successfully installed the CarPlay box i got from roadtop in my mini cooper

i only i have one issue

the screen seems to be a little pixelated when i am on the album art screen while playing music.. anyway to fix it?

i use CarPlay not AA
If that is the case, then you have a NBT display (your car is older than mid 2017).

These APIX1 displays have limited refresh rate, brightness and color depth compared to newer APIX2 displays. In other words they don’t deal very well with intense colors especially when there is a rapid color change (think darkmode navigation apps with very dark backgrounds like TomTom during navigation), also they handle blurred graphics in quite the pixlated way as you have discovered with blurred music album art covering your entire background and will also notice that in the split screen view of navigation and music boxes with a colorful background in night mode.

One option on the iPhone that helps is to activate the „minimize transparency effect“ option. Inside the MMI-box settings lower brightness by 1 tick and increase contrast by 1 tick. This way you will get the best possible image quality from a NBT display.

If you are into coding there is one instrument cluster change and one headunit change that will extremely boost the display brightness and better the overall visual experience.

EDIT:
Here are the coding settings in case anyone is interested (not exclusive to Minis, should work for any NBT vehicle):

Under instrument cluster > KI_DIMMUNG > DIM_DTN > change to any value between the default 0x3F and the maximum of 0x7F (I personally use 0x7F).

This will basically disable the light sensor in the instrument cluster and will keep the instrument cluster, HVAC panel and display at maximum brightness regardless of lighting conditions.

Under Headunit > Display > DIM_VARIANT > change from new to old.
This will allow you to access 10 extra brightness setting steps (for both ambient lighting and display brightness) in the vehicle settings menu that were reserved for the vehicle automatic brightness control. I personally set this to maximum as well.

I never had troubles with brightness at night because I use darkmode day and night but in case you feel things are too bright at night, you can use the night light intensity button next to light control on the dashboard. This way you get the best of both worlds, top notch image quality and brightness during the day and comfortable brightness during night.

Last edited by Eldewy; 02-01-2022 at 09:09 AM..
Appreciate 2
liam7754.00
fe7565609.50
      02-01-2022, 09:24 AM   #9700
ckarv
Private
Finland
Rep
Drives: F36

Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before.

I'm on Andream NBT (B_V1.6.2), using Carplay, and I wonder if anyone else has this issue:

I'm using OEM BT telephony for calls, but when the call connects, the "speaker" my phone has selected is usually the "Carplay", i.e. the MMI-box one. Not the car's Bluetooth.

So to be able to speak, I need to change to the car's Bluetooth manually on my phone. Which is both annoying, but can also be dangerous.

My understanding is that Carplay requires Bluetooth to connect to and activate the MMI, so I can't just forget/delete it.

Anyone else experienced this, and maybe there's a fix it workaround available?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 10:28 AM   #9701
Eldewy
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarv View Post
Hi,

Apologies if this has been answered before.

I'm on Andream NBT (B_V1.6.2), using Carplay, and I wonder if anyone else has this issue:

I'm using OEM BT telephony for calls, but when the call connects, the "speaker" my phone has selected is usually the "Carplay", i.e. the MMI-box one. Not the car's Bluetooth.

So to be able to speak, I need to change to the car's Bluetooth manually on my phone. Which is both annoying, but can also be dangerous.

My understanding is that Carplay requires Bluetooth to connect to and activate the MMI, so I can't just forget/delete it.

Anyone else experienced this, and maybe there's a fix it workaround available?

Thanks!
Before answering the call long press HOME and go out to iDrive, then answer either via steering wheel button or iDrive controller. Then the call will go through your car speakers. Then you can long press HOME again to go back to iDrive with the call active. Funny enough if navigation is running, you still get navigation commands when the call is active. Music pauses normally though so don’t worry about it.

Answering via Carplay or steering wheel button when Carplay is in foreground will cause the call to go through Carplay.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 12:08 PM   #9702
RAAF12
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Did a little research. There is a picture only when the switches are in this position. If I disable switch 4, then I see a black screen, while the sound works, the native menu, too.
There is some pictures.
Mimi Box I can't find the user manual, but switch four has to do with screen size on other MMI boxes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0