F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

02-02-2021, 05:39 PM   #6337
ImpX
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzogt View Post
I've given up on updating it. 1.1.2 has widescren fix and autostart for AA. The only thing that's left to fix for my use are the initial connecting issues and after an hour the lag/freeze problem.
Andream B on ID4 F30, using Android Auto (AA)

I recently went from 1.0.4 (with widescreen fix) through 1.1.2 to 1.1.5.

The update

It did not allow to update directly from 1.0.4 ->1.1.5 . (Got burn error and contact factory. After restart it solved itself and stayed on 1.0.4)
I had to do 1.0.4 ->1.1.2 ->1.1.5

1. The 1.0.4. - 1.1.2 went smoothly.
2. The 1.1.2 - 1.1.5 (I deleted the 1.1.2 file from usb and copied 1.1.5 - it did not work. It started the updating process, immediately shown "Burn success", but did not change the version. So I formatted the usb disk and then updated to 1.1.5 successfully. It was weird, it appeared as if the box stored the information about sucessful update somewhere on flash drive.)

I used some Promo USB stick(no name, just some company logo on it) 16GB, formatted to FAT32 on Mac OS, MBR.

The changes I noticed

I used 1.1.2 for few hours, - it fixed the annoying AA connection prompt - but I still had to manually go to AA by holding the menu button.
The 1.1.5 further updated the the AA auto-connect - I just get to car and in a while it auto-connects and switches the screen from BMW infotainment to AA.
Furthermore the 1.1.5 fixes the graphic glitches which the box had while showing light colors (e.q. pixelation). It was very noticable on the 8.8 screen in my opinion. The icons and street adresses in Waze also appear to be bigger slightly. Also the multiple sound options + the google assistant voice no longer distorts. All in all I consider the 1.1.5 pretty significant for AA.

The only outstanding issue I see is the Day/Night not changing automatically (I am absolutly unable to change the Waze map from Day mode to Night even manually) - I would appreciate any suggestion how to fix that.

Also Tidal(Hifi subscription) seems to have much better sound quality then Spotify(Premium subscription) on Harman Kardon audio system through Android auto...
Appreciate 2
liam7752.50
Cruez3.00
      02-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #6338
Andry
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashandcode View Post
Dont forget that if you have ID4 it can be flashed to ID6 so that you can have Carplay.

Its only software update, no need for MMI boxes....
Better saying ID5++, and Carplay works perfectly but only SplitScreen
And only ID4 NBT Evo HU not ID4 NBT
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 07:46 PM   #6339
Andry
Rep

Quote:
Wrong. It works in full screen and not split screen.

And NBT NEXT is ID3 not ID4
ID4 IS ID4
I'm surely wrong 'cause I'm in Mini World not properly BMW
But I know that only our NBT Evo ID4 (HW 2.1/3.1) can be updated to ID5 (ID5 graphics and no touch screen, HU doesn't support touchscreen)
And in this version ID5 CarplaY works only SplitScreen
ID6 is possibile only with HW4.1 due to mandatory touchscreen
But I'm happy if for BMW there're more options to play with
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 08:04 PM   #6340
boblok
Rep
Drives: BMW 218ia

AA 6.0

Did anyone experience problems connecting AA after upgrading AA 6.0 since mid-Jan? I'm no longer able to connect Andream NBT from my Samsung S10+ since upgrading. Even downgrade to AA5.9 could not fix. Anyone knows the problems?

The Chinese seller gives me another firmware V1.2.1 said this could fix black screen, but I could not see any difference.

https://mega.nz/file/kZ5WHIQT#95qZdY...N4V4po83L6XwIA
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      02-02-2021, 08:18 PM   #6341
liam77
Private
Rep
Drives: Mini F55

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblok View Post
Did anyone experience problems connecting AA after upgrading AA 6.0 since mid-Jan?
I have not had any problems like that recently, I'm on version 6.0 now.

Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the AA app on your phone, and removing the BT and wifi connections from phone too.

Restart your phone (and MMI) then set up the AA connection from phone to MMI, see if the problems persist. Has worked for me before.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 11:31 PM   #6342
Dracon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
The screen is trash, its slower, overall just junk. Get an android topper instead. I am testing to see if the MMI box can work with an OEM BMW touch screen without having an id5+ unit backing it. I need a 2018+ bmw screen to do it lol $600.

Bottom line, dont buy the touch screen unless your car is is pre 2015. Its trash.
Gotcha, I don't have an F30 but an 2013 F10 M5. Touchscreen would be a nice add-on for a CarPlay adapter for these cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 02:01 AM   #6343
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Hey guys I have a few questions regarding these MMI boxes if anyone could kindly help me answer I would greatly appreciate it:

These questions pertain to android auto

1) Does the touch pad on the idrive controller work?
2) Does the idrive controller only allow the twist left and right for control or does the d-pad style control (pushing the idrive controller up, down, left, and right kind of like a joy stick or video game D-pad) still work?
3) Do the steering wheel control work? Like using the media buttons and scroll wheel to control android auto? Also does the call button trigger google's voice assistant?
4) Does the volume knob still work?
5) Can you set the 1-8 keys on the radio for short cuts?
6) Does the reverse camera automatically trigger?
7) Can android auto be used in split screen in conjunction with the idrive unit?
8) Does gauge cluster display work and display any media information?
9) Is it laggy when using android auto via usb?
10) Andream or carlink kit?

Thank you guys so much.
      02-03-2021, 03:09 AM   #6344
SwordER
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Installed Carlinkit + custom SW yesterday. There are some points that I don't like..
Waze is not working on AA.
DPI is terrible, I see all this RGB pixelisation.
Internet does not work while AA is connected wireless, but this is probably a phone issue, due to Xiaomi mi9 not officially supported.
Is there any chance to get DPI corrected? Unfortunately I didn't check the original SW, because thought that custom will be way better.
Any ideas on internet and Waze?
NBT + 8 inch display

UPD Waze now working in wired mode with all permissions for internet and GPS in background. But DPI is still making me sick 🙂

Last edited by SwordER; 02-03-2021 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 06:07 AM   #6345
ClarkDBx
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d xDrive / F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkDBx View Post
Did somebody experience the problem with andream mmi box lagging with android 11 or connected to the Samsung Galaxy S21? Then before I had a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and didn't experience any lagging with it. Mostly the problem is when using Maps. Thanks for your help.
I have a little update: what I did first was going back to original Andream firmware no change, then I have flashed again Custom FW for BMW and now with cable everything works ok, but still not with a wireless connection. When using Google Maps, it is totally laggy, practically not usable, when I switch to Spotify everything works smooth again...

Do not know what to do... must be something with the Wi-Fi connection. Any suggestion what to do?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 06:08 AM   #6346
tuzogt
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: G30 530d B57 @195kW/620NM

Quote:
Did anyone experience problems connecting AA after upgrading AA 6.0 since mid-Jan? I'm no longer able to connect Andream NBT from my Samsung S10+ since upgrading. Even downgrade to AA5.9 could not fix. Anyone knows the problems?

The Chinese seller gives me another firmware V1.2.1 said this could fix black screen, but I could not see any difference.

I've have just tried this update, still burn error, as with all the others, not event a downgrade is possible...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 06:44 AM   #6347
Andry
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Hey guys I have a few questions regarding these MMI boxes if anyone could kindly help me answer I would greatly appreciate it:

These questions pertain to android auto

1) Does the touch pad on the idrive controller work?
2) Does the idrive controller only allow the twist left and right for control or does the d-pad style control (pushing the idrive controller up, down, left, and right kind of like a joy stick or video game D-pad) still work?
3) Do the steering wheel control work? Like using the media buttons and scroll wheel to control android auto? Also does the call button trigger google's voice assistant?
4) Does the volume knob still work?
5) Can you set the 1-8 keys on the radio for short cuts?
6) Does the reverse camera automatically trigger?
7) Can android auto be used in split screen in conjunction with the idrive unit?
8) Does gauge cluster display work and display any media information?
9) Is it laggy when using android auto via usb?
10) Andream or carlink kit?

Thank you guys so much.
Carlinkit bought 01/2021, latest official Firmware ID6 Evo Mini Cooper
1) Dunno, will test, but used OEM maybe 3 times. It surely works in OEM as before
2) Any direction: turn wheel = forward,back DPad= move between SplitScreen in GMaps (can do the same with left/right but it's faster
3) Tested only some functions but Voice button activates Google Assistant, Comune Button works, Up/Down Button don't change tracks
4)Yes but no displayed on screen
5)Yes, same as before, but work only on OEM side (example: I had radio station saved and in AA by clicking it changes AUX to DAB so I've DAB Music and a muted AA. Cannot set shortcuts for AA)
6) Automatic Trigger in R for Automatic Cars. Installation with only RCA+red wire on yellow wire from MMI (it gives 12v to Camera when in R)
7) Never seen such an option, don't think so. MMI switch off input to screen from OEM and gives its inputs.
8) It remains the same as before. All the information from OEM HU are displayed, but for Music from MMI/Bluetooth it's not possible. When AUX is active (in OEM too) it doesn't display anything, AUX doesn't bring such information only Sound. HUD is the same, it gives only AUX mode active and nothing else.
9) Tested Wireless and Wired no lag in an hour or so with Maps+VLC or Spotify. Maybe 1sec Audio skip any 30min (maybe Bluetooth buffer or MMI RAM buffer)
10) 99% similar. Andream has 2 units A,B with different firmware updates. They'll be solved for a Universal Custom Update soon. Carlinkit is like Andream A model. Both will have Custom Firmware soon thanks to Firefly, I think surely CIC/NBT and hope EVO units too
Appreciate 2
Frrr6.00
F87source7313.50
      02-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #6348
AB7Max
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeozone View Post
Just in case someone interested, updated B2 box:

EW-BMCP-NBT04X
SDK 25.0.00.5.6.0.0.0
CUST B2_V1.1.2
MCU 20.8.19.23
HW VERSION

to B2_V1.2.0_t firmware without any issues.

New Volume controls added, very helpful, but not perfect just yet. You can still hear some cracks when nagivation voice interrupts the music.
Is there any other noticeable differences over B2_V1.1.2?

I just received my one today and got a few questions if anyone can help?

EW-BMCP-NBT04X
SDK 25.0.00.5.6.0.0.0
CUST B2_V1.1.2
MCU 20.10.22.16
HW VERSION (blank)

Is there anyway to activate Siri using the voice assistant button on the steering wheel? When I press it, it just activates the BMW voice assistant.

Can you use the steering wheel control to answer/end calls.?

What does use OEM BT option exactly do? When it’s turned off I can answer using idrive control knob, when it’s off I cannot answer using Idrive, I have to answer the call directly on the phone. I have unpaired BMW Bluetooth from my phone as it was affecting functionality.

Do I need to upgrade MCU or is the version alright?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 08:11 AM   #6349
Cruez
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 / Opel Manta b 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB7Max View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeozone View Post
Just in case someone interested, updated B2 box:

EW-BMCP-NBT04X
SDK 25.0.00.5.6.0.0.0
CUST B2_V1.1.2
MCU 20.8.19.23
HW VERSION

to B2_V1.2.0_t firmware without any issues.

New Volume controls added, very helpful, but not perfect just yet. You can still hear some cracks when nagivation voice interrupts the music.
Is there any other noticeable differences over B2_V1.1.2?

I just received my one today and got a few questions if anyone can help?

EW-BMCP-NBT04X
SDK 25.0.00.5.6.0.0.0
CUST B2_V1.1.2
MCU 20.10.22.16
HW VERSION (blank)

Is there anyway to activate Siri using the voice assistant button on the steering wheel? When I press it, it just activates the BMW voice assistant.

Can you use the steering wheel control to answer/end calls.?

What does use OEM BT option exactly do? When it's turned off I can answer using idrive control knob, when it's off I cannot answer using Idrive, I have to answer the call directly on the phone. I have unpaired BMW Bluetooth from my phone as it was affecting functionality.

Do I need to upgrade MCU or is the version alright?

TIA
And if you longpress to activate siri? That's how it is oem.
Also waiting for my box so cant answer others questions!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 08:29 AM   #6350
LA1Z24
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M Sport

I'm interested in getting one of these units for my F32. I love android, and the idea of android integration/mirroring.

My car currently had PDC, and a backup camera.

Will everything function as stock with one of these units? Stock camera and pdc come on automatically in reverse?

Any cons I should consider before I purchase one of these?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 08:33 AM   #6351
seguero
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

If I have a B version (v.1.1.2) can I update to B2 (v.1.2.0_t)?

EDIT: Nevermind, I realised mime was B2 1.1.2 so I upgraded straight away to b2 1.2.0_t.

Last edited by seguero; 02-03-2021 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 08:55 AM   #6352
corduroy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 xDrive40e (F15)

Quote:
Dont forget that if you have ID4 it can be flashed to ID6 so that you can have Carplay.

Have you done this? I've been thinking about it (not for carplay since I use AA) but am worried that connectedrive won't work anymore. Still work with the HUD? I have the X5 40e so being able to climatize from the app and stuff is important to me. And then the stories of how it starts to run out of memory and will reboot every so often are worrisome.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 08:59 AM   #6353
Kyokushin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 428i, F32 420i

Quote:

Any noticable changes?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #6354
ImpX
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:

I've got NBT EVO ID4.
However I was under impression that should I flash the unit to ID5 or ID6 it will be laggy, as the units shipped with ID5 and ID6 had more ram.

Is not that true?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #6355
somone
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by somone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350danielm View Post
Hi , I’ve have succesfully installed Andream Unit on my nbt system. It works fine.
I have a question: how Can I set the buttons of the wheel to off permantly. When I use the system menu and make “enable wheel button-off” , it works until I stop the car. When it starts again its on on-position again. Hope somebody Can help
Regards
I seem to have sort of the same issue. I am not sure that it looses the setting every time. It certainly happened once for me
I can definitely confirm the issue. This setting resets every time and it's super annoying. Is this just a Road Top issue? Anyone else has that? BTW B2R112 version
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 12:30 PM   #6356
Firefly1337
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i LCI

New update

New version B_V1.2.1 for Andream NBT B-Version available on the 1st page (thx boblok).

The update is from
Code:
created: 2021-01-23 07:36:00
No changelog, as always.
There are some internal config and driver updates that I have seen in previous updates from other sellers, so this update just matches that. Presumably it contains the same fixes for day/night mode and AA auto connect.
Appreciate 4
Frrr6.00
muniz_ri447.50
liam7752.50
Cruez3.00
      02-03-2021, 12:44 PM   #6357
Cruez
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 / Opel Manta b 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroy View Post
Quote:

Have you done this? I've been thinking about it (not for carplay since I use AA) but am worried that connectedrive won't work anymore. Still work with the HUD? I have the X5 40e so being able to climatize from the app and stuff is important to me. And then the stories of how it starts to run out of memory and will reboot every so often are worrisome.
Hi according this topic, i contacted codemybimmer. It is possible on some versions, must be nbt EVO. You need a wifi antenna and a 2-3 hour coding session.
He says on my system everything works as it should, only oem gps gives issues!

As my system has no touch, i think touch specific operations, like rearranging the icons would not work with the idrive control knob.

I suggest you to contact him, fast and clear communication!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 01:12 PM   #6358
tonyec7
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpX View Post
Andream B on ID4 F30, using Android Auto (AA)

I recently went from 1.0.4 (with widescreen fix) through 1.1.2 to 1.1.5.

The update

It did not allow to update directly from 1.0.4 ->1.1.5 . (Got burn error and contact factory. After restart it solved itself and stayed on 1.0.4)
I had to do 1.0.4 ->1.1.2 ->1.1.5

1. The 1.0.4. - 1.1.2 went smoothly.
2. The 1.1.2 - 1.1.5 (I deleted the 1.1.2 file from usb and copied 1.1.5 - it did not work. It started the updating process, immediately shown "Burn success", but did not change the version. So I formatted the usb disk and then updated to 1.1.5 successfully. It was weird, it appeared as if the box stored the information about sucessful update somewhere on flash drive.)

I used some Promo USB stick(no name, just some company logo on it) 16GB, formatted to FAT32 on Mac OS, MBR.

The changes I noticed

I used 1.1.2 for few hours, - it fixed the annoying AA connection prompt - but I still had to manually go to AA by holding the menu button.
The 1.1.5 further updated the the AA auto-connect - I just get to car and in a while it auto-connects and switches the screen from BMW infotainment to AA.
Furthermore the 1.1.5 fixes the graphic glitches which the box had while showing light colors (e.q. pixelation). It was very noticable on the 8.8 screen in my opinion. The icons and street adresses in Waze also appear to be bigger slightly. Also the multiple sound options + the google assistant voice no longer distorts. All in all I consider the 1.1.5 pretty significant for AA.

The only outstanding issue I see is the Day/Night not changing automatically (I am absolutly unable to change the Waze map from Day mode to Night even manually) - I would appreciate any suggestion how to fix that.

Also Tidal(Hifi subscription) seems to have much better sound quality then Spotify(Premium subscription) on Harman Kardon audio system through Android auto...
Formatting it on a mac made it work for me! had to use the terminal but I got it to format in FAT32 and MBR and didn't get a flash error!