F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

09-25-2020, 04:05 PM   #1453
steslatt
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

So I tried to update chrome through the play store and it wouldn't update, clicking update did nothing. I uninstalled and tried reinstalling but it won't reinstall now either. Any ideas how to get it back? Can I push the app with ADB? If so what's the target location or better yet if someone knows the full command?

EDIT: Never mind, it came back after a reboot. Still can't be updated via the play store though, is this normal?

Last edited by steslatt; 09-25-2020 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #1454
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by haibn92 View Post
Hello Kri,

Thank you for your finding. BT is always a weakness for this kind of HU.

Following your instruction, I can understand that the pre-condition is to disable BT in factory-settings right ? It means for Android 8 & 9, it'll not working as there is not a switch for enable/disable BT ?
Not answering for Kri, but when I posted my findings I forgot to mention that toggling BT in the factory settings had no bearing on my ability to follow Kri's instructions to connect devices via Bluetooth.

I can leave it checked or unchecked, and I'm still able to connect the Xbox controller. I don't know if this is unique to only some headunits such as mine.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 12:52 AM   #1455
Wireless
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F21 116d 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Anyone with navifly android10 and dvr adas camera?
I'm
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 12:53 AM   #1456
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e M Sport (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless View Post
Quote:
I'm
Can you share experience? Which one did you buy?
KN Filter
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 01:17 AM   #1457
Wireless
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless View Post
Quote:
I'm
Can you share experience? Which one did you buy?
I bought this one:

https://dl.wish.com/u9uCN
It has a double cameras. Front and back. The both cams recording simultaneously. ADAS function is ok. Quality of front cam is not so high as i wished. The ADAS app could be better. It does what it meant to be.
OEM Style Dashcam DVR for Android HU https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1613863
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #1458
Popo
Bobafett
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328 Msport Xdrive

I have two questions after reading this entire thread. Does anyone even have the issue where my time keeps setting to the 24-hour format? I've changed the setting in both the GUI for 12 hour and also in the Android settings. I keep on clicking the 24-hour mode off but after a few moments, the Android setting one changes itself back to 24 hours. Is there a way to keep it on 12 hour time? My second question is here's my MCU version:

023052dGS-NBT-GTH-200617-B18

Is there an updated file for this, I tried the one posted for Ericokta cuz he had the same MCU string I have but it didn't change the MCU path, it appears to be the same. Do I already have the latest MCU? I checked the ones in the mega folder but I was confused as to which one I should use and if it was an update or a downgrade from what I already have. I guess I should mention I already updated to Android 10 version 2.1.0. I have the Avin 64 GB/4GB SD 625 with the 1920x720p display I believe? Lol. I also tried a factory reset. Neither Avin or the vendor (AutoTec Pro Systems) have responded to my inquiries to them.

Last edited by Popo; 09-27-2020 at 07:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2020, 10:25 AM   #1459
songmaster
Registered
Japan
Rep
Drives: F20M135i,2014

Hello Kri and the great members of this forum. I'm new here and have no technical background. This forum is really helpful. Thank you for your continuous efforts.

My test about "BT" result is as follows:

Headunit MCU Version: 023055dGS-NBT-GTH-DC-200702A
Android Version installed: Android 10 2.1.0 (not rooted)
System Memory config.: 4GB / 64GB
Device tried to connect: Vgate iCar Pro (OBD2, BT4.0)
Bluetooth Connection successful: Yes!
Comment:
-in Japanese language not work, have to change to English mode to find "Files received via bluetooth" (Thanks to fredy3330)
-Android 10 2.0.0 not work. can search the device, but disconnect in a few seconds.
-After Updated to Andoroid 10 2.1.0 from this forum, it works.

I bought my HU from EBILAEN, Aliexpress. The seller said no way to connect OBD via bluetooth. Now I can enjoy TORQUE app on the HU.

Again, Thank you so much!
Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      09-26-2020, 12:56 PM   #1460
schooleydoo
Rep
Drives: 2012 320D Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
For details on boot animations, boot logos etc. visit this thread https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1719625

You have to disable Zlink in order to have WiFi at boot.

Unfortunately not.

Ditch Zlink all together and do yourself a favour and get Carlinkit. It's way better than Zlink and will solve your connection issues.
Thanks for this. Bought the Carlinkit dongle and using Auto kit. As you said, works much more fluidly than Zlink and I can have my Android phone connected via Bluetooth as well as my wife's iPhone over wireless Carplay. Is there a way for Autokit to be running in the background? Having to go to Apps and open it is two steps too many
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #1461
josehon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Apline White 328i E93 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly30 View Post
Hello Serge, just brough up an update:

KSW-SoundRestorer v1.11
Download Here
To update, make sure to uninstall the previous version of this app. On first use you'll be prompted to allow drawing over apps. This is required to get the autorun at boot running. Allow that, close the settings app. The next time you will launch this app it will try to grant itself READ_LOGS permission. This permission is required to listen to MCU events. If it goes right it should close itself automatically, otherwise you'll be prompted to grant that system permission manually either via adb or root. Open the App once more and check if any MCU events show up. If not close and reopen it again, it might take 2 or 3 times, if the permission has been granted.
Under normal circumstances you will NOT need root or adb for this!

Changelog:
  • Using jSerialComm to directly communicate to MCU
  • Fixes the Navi-Callout bug.
  • Automatically unpauses music when returning to Android from OEM.
  • Only while engine is off sound keeps playing on OEM.
  • Option to turn off the listening service at boot up. (The low volume fix at cold boot persist)

Update:
v1.11 Hotfix
  • Added notification to keep the service alive.
Hi Frankly30,

I have a problem with the Call volume, it seems to be similar issue with Media volume. Low volume at start up. Only restore to correct volume if you go into setting and move the Call volume slider. Would you able to correct the Call volume as well.

I am using an Android phone.

Thank in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 02:02 AM   #1462
Wireless
Sweden
Rep

Headunit MCU Version: 023052dGS-GHT-191127-B18
Android Version installed: Android 10 2.1.0
System Memory config.: 4GB / 64GB
Device tried to connect: CARLY OBD Adapter 2019
Bluetooth Connection successful: yes
Comment:
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 07:10 AM   #1463
Frankly30
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by josehon View Post
Hi Frankly30,

I have a problem with the Call volume, it seems to be similar issue with Media volume. Low volume at start up. Only restore to correct volume if you go into setting and move the Call volume slider. Would you able to correct the Call volume as well.

I am using an Android phone.

Thank in advance.
Hello!
Can you check if the older version does fix the Call Volume at startup too? The version is available here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1300
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 04:06 PM   #1464
josehon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Apline White 328i E93 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly30 View Post
Hello!
Can you check if the older version does fix the Call Volume at startup too? The version is available here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=1300
Hi Frankly30,

Thank you for getting back, I uninstall version 1.1 and install version 1. But it does not seem to work.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 04:13 AM   #1465
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Version MCU de l'unité centrale: 615054dALS-NBT-GTH-191129-B18
Version Android installée: Android 9 (3.8.7)
Configuration de la mémoire systčme: 4 Go / 64 Go
appareil a tenté de se connecter: Vlink BT
******ion Bluetooth réussie: non
Commentaire: Test with ANDROID 9 and the BT always goes back to the OFF position impossible to connect a device (except phone of course) In addition, no application is called KSW_BT in our android version

So I'm going to update to android 10 just for this game-changing feature for BMWs that don't have temperature gauges

Appreciate 1
Kri1083.50
      09-28-2020, 05:24 AM   #1466
xirix11
Rep
Drives: benz clase E w212

MCU flash error

Hello, when flashing MCU, I have black screen.
Help
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:02 AM   #1467
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirix11 View Post
Hello, when flashing MCU, I have black screen.
Help
Try reset button (inside the small hole on the back of HU, right next to SIM slot), push and wait around 30 sec, when reset is finished flash MCU again.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:04 AM   #1468
venom_hvx
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Hi!

I have one of these units, with Last update. I have front and rear PDC, when i put the reverse gear the rear camera opens up alongside with a car with "radar" for the PDC. The problem is when i put first gear it shuts down and goes no Android menu, so the radar shuts down too and can only ear the PDC beeping. While when using the oem PDC radar it only closes when i get to a certain speed. It would be cool if the camera and radar do the same. It would be usefull when parking for example. Is there a turn around for this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:34 AM   #1469
xirix11
Rep
Drives: benz clase E w212

MCU flash error

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Try reset button (inside the small hole on the back of HU, right next to SIM slot), push and wait around 30 sec, when reset is finished flash MCU again.
Good luck!

Thanks for answering, I have tried it and it does not restart. Always black screen
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 06:41 AM   #1470
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_hvx View Post
The problem is when i put first gear it shuts down and goes no Android menu, so the radar shuts down too and can only ear the PDC beeping.
It depends on how you have connected the camera. Your description will be the case if the camera is powered by the reverse lights. The behavior you want is possible if the camera is powered by the red +12V Camera wire from the Android unit. If the camera interface then still doesn't stay open until a certain speed forward is reached, then your unit has a software bug.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 07:35 AM   #1471
venom_hvx
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
It depends on how you have connected the camera. Your description will be the case if the camera is powered by the reverse lights. The behavior you want is possible if the camera is powered by the red +12V Camera wire from the Android unit. If the camera interface then still doesn't stay open until a certain speed forward is reached, then your unit has a software bug.
Thanks for the answer. I have the camera power connected to the Android unit a cable called campow which i assume its the 12v for camera. What do you recommend? An hard reset? I think it doesnt have an hard reset button. The unit its an andream qualcomm 4/64.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #1472
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
I have the camera power connected to the Android unit a cable called campow which i assume its the 12v for camera.
I had the same problem with Android 9, E87 and PDC front and back, it was finally resolved in update 3.8.0. Prior to this I had switched the PDC unit to the newest revision (got it cheap from the scrap yard) to resolve another issue in communication between PDC and Android. It seems the software in our Android units is made compatible with the latest hardware revisions.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:49 AM   #1473
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Hi!

I have one of these units, with Last update. I have front and rear PDC, when i put the reverse gear the rear camera opens up alongside with a car with "radar" for the PDC. The problem is when i put first gear it shuts down and goes no Android menu, so the radar shuts down too and can only ear the PDC beeping. While when using the oem PDC radar it only closes when i get to a certain speed. It would be cool if the camera and radar do the same. It would be usefull when parking for example. Is there a turn around for this?

Thanks
I've this problem since I've the unit.

Nothing solve the problem, before with Android 9, now with Android 10. I tried all MCU's for my model and still the problem.

Also tried to power the camera with reverse lights, and then with yellow (+12v) from the Android screen (that is the right way) .

You can "manually" make it to work ok if you touch the "PDC" button, then the camera and PDC works ok. This is why I think that the problem is with the MCU that don't send the correct signal to stay at pdc, only send signal to open the "PDC" apk from Android when you're in reverse, then when you put direct it gear disconnects in 3-4 secons. If the Chinesse enginer change this in the MCU then it will work ok.

Also o don't know if is possible to do something with "tasker" apk or another apk, to avoid MCU signal and send the correct signal.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 11:03 AM   #1474
miamipanther
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5

Have you tried to set the camera as "after market camera" instead of "360 camera". In my HU, I have noticed the screen will go back to main menu if the gear is shift off from reverse even the PDC button is on.

But in the "after market camera" setting, it appears the reverse mode is triggered by the reverse gear instead of reverse trigger line. The PDC screen will stay on either in the reverse gear or PDC button pressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirax View Post
I've this problem since I've the unit.

Nothing solve the problem, before with Android 9, now with Android 10. I tried all MCU's for my model and still the problem.

Also tried to power the camera with reverse lights, and then with yellow (+12v) from the Android screen (that is the right way) .

You can "manually" make it to work ok if you touch the "PDC" button, then the camera and PDC works ok. This is why I think that the problem is with the MCU that don't send the correct signal to stay at pdc, only send signal to open the "PDC" apk from Android when you're in reverse, then when you put direct it gear disconnects in 3-4 secons. If the Chinesse enginer change this in the MCU then it will work ok.

Also o don't know if is possible to do something with "tasker" apk or another apk, to avoid MCU signal and send the correct signal.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0