F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

10-10-2020, 08:16 AM   #1585
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli18c View Post
can you explain what you mean by plugging the aux cable in?

the aux out from the new wiring harness? you need an extension to run to the armrest jack and then use a splitter?

I'm having the same problem.. no android sound, but if I plug headphones into the aux ports (in new harness or armrest jack) it's playing while the radio is still playing
Mate.. I just try to help,

See: #1558

No splitter, just plug the included aux cable into the black cable instead of that black one & into the armrest jack, than in the bmw car aux settings increasing the sound volume to ... , I set it to 40 as max.

Again, I just try to help mate!

Success
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 08:25 AM   #1586
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDiesel View Post
Hello to all
I own a BMW X3 F25 (so technically a 3 series BMW) with 8.8" NBT and I'm in the market for an Android 10 HU with 4/64 gb.

My requests from this kind of aftermarket unit are simple. I want to be able to listen to radio (original OEM radio if the unit does not have FM radio built in) and at the same time have the audio messages from the navigation app in the front left speaker (music from radio fades, play audio message form nav apps, music back on at the initial volume).
I have read that some models come with a separate loudspeaker that is only used for navigation audio messages. I don't know yet if my car as a middle speaker for navigation already installed, I will have to check that. But is also an option that I'm OKish with.

Also, I want to run Waze and Amigo (last one in overlay mode) at the same time and both of these nav apps will send audio messages to the speaker (front left). I attach a print screen of my phone, maybe is easier to explain myself.

I noticed a lot of knowledge on the forum regarding the android navigation unit. Witch one do you recomand for me, considering all the above?
I will be able to buy it from ebay or aliexpress.

Best regards,
RoDiesel
Hi RoDiesel,

Android HU on SD625 6/64 can do the job. It has its separate speaker for navi directions while you're listening your oem radio. In case you're listening audio from Android the navi speaks from all of your oem speakers.
That separate speaker can be mounted vertically under the dash behind the HU.

I can recommend this shop with good pricing and service: https://ali.onl/1GQp
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #1587
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1Max View Post
Mate.. I just try to help,

See: #1558

No splitter, just plug the included aux cable into the black cable instead of that black one & into the armrest jack, than in the bmw car aux settings increasing the sound volume to ... , I set it to 40 as max.

Again, I just try to help mate!

Success
The post #1558 looks strange, you're talking about aux cable but there's only optical cable on the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 08:55 AM   #1588
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
The post #1558 looks strange, you're talking about aux cable but there's only optical cable on the pictures.
Mate,

Nothings is strange there, you must to do that too.. in my case too!

Repeat:
just plug the included aux cable into the black cable instead of that black one & into the armrest jack, than in the bmw car aux settings increasing the sound of it.. as you like.

Ps; ask your mate the seller of Android 10 which you have recommended to that guy to buy from him if i'm right or wrong?

I'm 99,99% Right!

Success

Last edited by Mad1Max; 10-10-2020 at 09:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 08:57 AM   #1589
RoDiesel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Hi RoDiesel,

Android HU on SD625 6/64 can do the job. It has its separate speaker for navi directions while you're listening your oem radio. In case you're listening audio from Android the navi speaks from all of your oem speakers.
That separate speaker can be mounted vertically under the dash behind the HU.

I can recommend this shop with good pricing and service: https://ali.onl/1GQp
Hello serge858 and thank you for the answer. In the meanwhile I have checked if my car has the "middle" speaker and it seems that it has none.

I had a similar HU (Win CE) on my older Skoda and the navi directions were only audible on the front speakers. The HU automatically dimmed the radio volume (front left and right), navi played its message, the radio returned to its original volume, all these while the rear speakers remained at the same volume, playing only the radio.
In case of BMW Android HU, during the audio navi directions, the audio signal from other sources (lets say USB stick in the Android HU) is completely muted to all speakers? Or is a mixed signal (navi high and music low)?
Also, is it possible to run two navi programs at the same time (Waze and Amigo in my case) and both of them to speak audio messages?
Regards
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #1590
pauli18c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i RWD M Sport

Quote:
Yea the green and black ones are the optical cables. I've tried pulling those out and reinstalling a couple times now. If I reinstall OEM screen everything works fine again, so I dont think that's the issue.

I'm not getting any signal from the Idrive side either, just a blank screen that says "no signal". I've made sure the main plug is plugged into the new screen all the way a few times as well. Still nothing
      10-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #1591
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yea the green and black ones are the optical cables. I've tried pulling those out and reinstalling a couple times now. If I reinstall OEM screen everything works fine again, so I dont think that's the issue.
I've made sure the main plug is plugged into the new screen all the way a few times as well. Still nothing
Mate,

Would you like to try the following and only then come back with your comment?

Take the 2 optical cables from the original bmw harness and plug it into the new android 10 harness, very important!! the green cable must be above the black one in the harness hole!, pull out the black cable that is already connected into the Android10 cables and plug the supplied aux cable in and the other head of it (aux) plug it in your armrest then do a reset via the reset hole behind the android housing (1 click) , wait for it to restart, now go to the aux of the bmw settings menu > external divece > aux front, it must be checked there (a green check mark) and then increase the volume to ... as you like it.

let "us" even know if it helps now?

Success
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 10:32 AM   #1592
pauli18c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've made sure the main plug is plugged into the new screen all the way a few times as well. Still nothing
Mate,

Take the 2 optical cables from the original bmw harness and plug it into the new android 10 harness, very important!! the green cable must be above the black one in the harness hole!, pull out the black cable that is already connected into the Android10 cables and plug the supplied aux cable in and the other head of it (aux) plug it in your armrest then do a reset via the reset hole behind the android housing (1 click) , wait for it to restart, now go to the aux of the bmw settings menu > external divece > aux front, it must be checked there (a green check mark) and then increase the volume to ... as you like it.

Success
Quote:
Quote:
Mate,

Success

yes, I moved the green and black optical cable to the new harness.

I only received a splitter aux in my kit from 4x4shop.ca. which is what I'm confused about. I see the "aux out" jack on the new harness. so I need to go buy an aux extension cord I guess to run into the armrest.

I also don't have signal on my Idrive side yet, just a blank screen with "no signal". so trying to figure that out still as well
      10-10-2020, 10:52 AM   #1593
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I'm not getting any signal from the Idrive side either, just a blank screen that says "no signal". I've made sure the main plug is plugged into the new screen all the way a few times as well. Still nothing
If you checked optical cable and the connection is OK and you still have No Signal blank screen in oem (which you called iDrive) mode, then perhaps you purchased not the correct Android HU.
You have F30 2017 model and it might be NBT Evo and your Android for NBT (not Evo). Usually Evo 2018+ but who knows 2017 also possible. Double check this.

Your android sound is a secondary issue, normally Android HU for NBT doesn't require aux extension cable to the armrest, it sounds right away, just your male/female aux plug in the android harness should be connected.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 10:53 AM   #1594
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I only received a splitter aux in my kit from 4x4shop.ca. which is what I'm confused about. I see the "aux out" jack on the new harness. so I need to go buy an aux extension cord I guess to run into the armrest.

I also don't have signal on my Idrive side yet, just a blank screen with "no signal". so trying to figure that out still as well
Mate,

You didn't mention that earlier - to us - before!

See this pic's.. (Only 1 aux cable with the same head: AUX Cable 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm Black.. as example) No splitter "we" got!

Success
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 11:02 AM   #1595
pauli18c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mate,

You didn't mention that earlier - to us - before!

See this pic's.. (Only 1 aux cable with the same head: AUX Cable 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm Black.. as example) No splitter "we" got!

Success
yes I'll need to get a 3.5 to 3.5 extension then. the splitter I got is only about 6" long
      10-10-2020, 11:06 AM   #1596
pauli18c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

If you checked optical cable and the connection is OK and you still have No Signal blank screen in oem (which you called iDrive) mode, then perhaps you purchased not the correct Android HU.
You have F30 2017 model and it might be NBT Evo and your Android for NBT (not Evo). Usually Evo 2018+ but who knows 2017 also possible. Double check this.

Your android sound is a secondary issue, normally Android HU for NBT doesn't require aux extension cable to the armrest, it sounds right away, just your male/female aux plug in the android harness should be connected.
I bought the unit from another member with a 2016 340i with the same NBT EVO radio and it worked in his car, without the aux. He's been trying to help me as well but we're both confused. I do not see a male connector to plug into, just the female aux on the new harness
Attached Images

10-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #1597
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep

Quote:
yes I'll need to get a 3.5 to 3.5 extension then. the splitter I got is only about 6" long
Mate,

Indeed, try that as first and I really hope for you that you don't need to send it back as "our" fora mate thought it was a wrong android car head unit? that's weird hassle indeed.

Success
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 11:38 AM   #1598
fumero89
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Since the Android 9 Discussion Topic is already over 100 pages long its best to start a fresh Thread for Android 10.
I recommend to take a look at the Android 9 Thread, as there are lots of great Hardware/Seller related information.

If you want to chat with people you can also join the Automotive Android Headunit Discord channel.
There are also Headunits for Mercedes Benz and Audi available which have the same software running, so everyone is welcome here
You will also find MCU Files for Mercedes Headunits at the Discord channel.

Thread to 10.25" Android 9/10 HU theming and discussion where you can find kswoverlay, kswredirect, different GUI`s, bootanimations, splash`s ect to modify your Headunit.

Identifying before buying:
Snapdragon 625 (short SD625) units seem to be the the same Units as with Android 9.
Ensure that you always have a Headunit that really has the Snapdragon 625 Chipset.

CPU Type - Snapdragon 625, also identified as 8953 or MSM8953
CPU Cores - 8 Core
CPU Speed - 2.0 or 2.1 Ghz (some seller post different speed)
Ram Size - 2 GB / 4 GB
Flash Size - 32 GB / 64 GB

Official Support for Android 10 do only have the 4GB/64GB models !
Android 10 does also work on 2GB/32GB version with some performance lags (Tested up to 1.4.5)

Please note that there are already some Fake and very slow Android 10 Units on the Market (PX6 , Snapdragon 425, 8227L, MTK )
I don`t recommend buying these units where 1 GB Ram / 16 GB Rom version is available.
The CPU is a Quadcore Snapdragon with no numbering, CPU frequency is rated lower than 2.0 Ghz (1.6 or 1.4 seen), they have a different firmware
Also Octacore CPU`s with less than 2 Ghz have been seen, those have an Intel Chip and are also not compatible with the Snapdragon firmware from this thread.
Identifying after buying:
There are thre parts to identify, 1st the Android Version, 2nd the Vendor Version, 3rd display tpye

Android Version:
The Android Version is via the App Ver: string, for Example "Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v1.2.2"
the Q is for android 10, P for Android 9.

Please Note that systems with the "S" for example Ksw-Q-S-Userdebug_OS_v1.3.0" do have a Snapdragon 425 Chipset, these Units are NOT compatible with Snapdragon 625 Update Files!
If you have such a unit, please ask your seller for an Update.

Vendor Version:
The Vendor identification is the first string of the "MCU Ver:", for example 023052dGS-NBT-GTH--191127-B18
Most common Vendors are GS , LZH and ALS.

Display Type:

There are Two display Resolutions,

1280x480p as standard and also advertised as HD
1920x720p as Full HD

This procedure may also work doing it blind, connect the thumbstick to the headunit, switch on ignition 2 and wait for about 10 minutes.

If the unit then still does not boot up again it is likely soft bricked !

Your last chance then is the the FASTBOOT-Recovery Method, but beware this requires some hardware skills !

Kri

Hello friend, sorry for the inconvenience. I have seen that you know a lot about this. And I have a problem. If you could solve it I would be willing to pay you thanks.

A little over 1 year ago I put a 10.25 ”Chinese screen on my bmw e84 with android 8.1

Everything was working fine, but a couple of days ago it was stuck and I had to turn off the car to restart it and yesterday it did it again.

This morning I got in touch with the aliexpress vendor to comment on everything and he told me to update the MCU and he sent me a file, mcuupdate.bin ...
So I put it in a Pen and it updated perfect, it reached 100% and when it turned off .. it has not turned on again ....

I tell the seller, he sends me another file: px6_format.zip saying that with that it restarts and everything remains the same.

Does nothing. The only thing that adds two folders to the usb, android and logs .. (signal that is still alive)

The seller doesn't answer me anymore ...

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Pd: I pay whoever comes up with the solution.

Thank you!!

Last edited by fumero89; 10-10-2020 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #1599
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I bought the unit from another member with a 2016 340i with the same NBT EVO radio and it worked in his car, without the aux. He's been trying to help me as well but we're both confused. I do not see a male connector to plug into, just the female aux on the new harness
Your OEM HU is NBT Evo so Android HU should be compatible with that model. As I mentioned earlier if it is for NBT (not Evo) then you'll have No Signal in OEM UI.

Do I get you right, your harness is different from this and you have only female Audio Out plug?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #1600
pauli18c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Your OEM HU is NBT Evo so Android HU should be compatible with that model. As I mentioned earlier if it is for NBT (not Evo) then you'll have No Signal in OEM UI.

Do I get you right, your harness is different from this and you have only female Audio Out plug?
yes, I do not have any wire coming out of the black fuse block like it is shown there

which company android unit is that?
      10-10-2020, 12:27 PM   #1601
Metafan
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

I have the unit since two weeks and i have issues connecting my iphone to the unit’s bluetooth. It connects after so many attempts. Is there any solution to this please?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:31 PM   #1602
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDiesel View Post
Hello serge858 and thank you for the answer. In the meanwhile I have checked if my car has the "middle" speaker and it seems that it has none.

I had a similar HU (Win CE) on my older Skoda and the navi directions were only audible on the front speakers. The HU automatically dimmed the radio volume (front left and right), navi played its message, the radio returned to its original volume, all these while the rear speakers remained at the same volume, playing only the radio.
In case of BMW Android HU, during the audio navi directions, the audio signal from other sources (lets say USB stick in the Android HU) is completely muted to all speakers? Or is a mixed signal (navi high and music low)?
Also, is it possible to run two navi programs at the same time (Waze and Amigo in my case) and both of them to speak audio messages?
Regards
You don't need the middle speaker to have android navi voice directions.

Normally you can change settings in the navi apps to have audio muted during navi messages or mixed with them. On my experience mixed is more convenient not to interrupt your audio content during navi voice directions.

Yes, you can run two navi apps at the same time and have voice messages from them.
Sometimes I use one navi on the screen, another navi app in background (for speed cameras info), both speak voice messages.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 12:40 PM   #1603
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
yes, I do not have any wire coming out of the black fuse block like it is shown there

This is GS vendor, the most common I think. This is a power fuse box. Only yellow wire is coming in and out. Other harness is going around.

All Android HUs I saw during 3 years dealing with them had this aux connectors female-male (Audio Out - Audio In) in the harness.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 01:12 PM   #1604
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Mate,

I know it was a bit confusing (for us) because yours is not like most here, (in my case of no sound coming from this android10 I had to use the aux cable to fix the problem and it did.. i'm not the only one with such a no sound problem!, my original bmw hu is or was (?) : Business ... is business no hard feeling as they said) .. try now the following before to buy an aux cable to be sure: put back your original hu in, go to aux settings and from there put the aux sound out of it to the max volume. and then play with the sound settings until you buy the cable.. maybe it helps?

this is what I can think about it so far.

Success
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 01:17 PM   #1605
Mad1Max
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafan View Post
I have the unit since two weeks and i have issues connecting my iphone to the unit’s bluetooth. It connects after so many attempts. Is there any solution to this please?
Mate,

And if you use a Sam foon instead of your iphone with it is it ok than?
If yes, you know than the solution.. right?

Ps: bt connect code is, 1234 .. try it, or 0000 too.

Success
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #1606
pauli18c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mate,

I know it was a bit confusing (for us) because yours is not like most here, (in my case of no sound coming from this android10 I had to use the aux cable to fix the problem and it did.. i'm not the only one with such a no sound problem!, my original bmw hu is or was (?) : Business ... is business no hard feeling as they said) .. try now the following before to buy an aux cable to be sure: put back your original hu in, go to aux settings and from there put the aux sound out of it to the max volume. and then play with the sound settings until you buy the cable.. maybe it helps?

Success
Quote:
Quote:

This is GS vendor, the most common I think. This is a power fuse box. Only yellow wire is coming in and out. Other harness is going around.

All Android HUs I saw during 3 years dealing with them had this aux connectors female-male (Audio Out - Audio In) in the harness.
Quote:
Quote:

Mate,

Success
I think we have figured out the issue after he looked at his order form. It has a cutoff of 2012-2016. his car is a 2016 340i, mine is 2017 340i. both with NBT EVO though... not sure what is different but I think this is the issue.