F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
GetBMWParts

11-19-2020, 10:47 AM   #1959
MightyMouseSP
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36

Hi guys,

This is my first message. Sorry if this topic has already been discussed but I was looking for a way to customize menu (Launcher) of the android id7... I mean, is it possible to add more shortcuts or doing smaller ones like in the original bmw id7?

Thanks for this aewsome work you do here. I just received my unit and Im just starting to get familiar with it.

Have a good one!

Last edited by MightyMouseSP; 11-19-2020 at 10:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #1960
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseSP View Post
Hi guys,

This is my first message. Sorry if this topic has already been discussed but I was looking for a way to customize menu (Launcher) of the android id7... I mean, is it possible to add more shortcuts or doing smaller ones like in the original bmw id7?

Thanks for this aewsome work you do here. I just received my unit and Im just starting to get familiar with it.

Have a good one!
This is not possible I'm afraid. There is no customisation available at all on this Chinese launcher. However custom launcher, fully customisable will be coming at some point in the future, just don't ask for ETA.

Btw. your question is released to theming and modding so this thread would be better: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1719625
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 02:08 PM   #1961
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino72 View Post
Can you find a guide to set up the application at its best?
sorry friend but I don't have a guide, you just have to try the different options to see everything appear on the screen it's not very complicated, the .apk file is this one:
https://www.partage-temporaire.fr/2020/11/19/dvr/
ou
https://1fichier.com/?9rt5cqnacg0ncs4tmfav

Otherwise on the Google Play Store, the best apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orforest.ringo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sistancesystem

but they don't seem to work with the USB camera
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 02:48 PM   #1962
elnino72
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
sorry friend but I don't have a guide, you just have to try the different options to see everything appear on the screen it's not very complicated, the .apk file is this one:
https://www.partage-temporaire.fr/2020/11/19/dvr/
ou
https://1fichier.com/?9rt5cqnacg0ncs4tmfav

Otherwise on the Google Play Store, the best apps:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orforest.ringo
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sistancesystem

but they don't seem to work with the USB camera
Thanks, I'll take a look, the one installed sometimes by impressed alarms, I'll try one of these ✌
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 03:40 PM   #1963
MightyMouseSP
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
This is not possible I'm afraid. There is no customisation available at all on this Chinese launcher. However custom launcher, fully customisable will be coming at some point in the future, just don't ask for ETA.

Btw. your question is released to theming and modding so this thread would be better: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1719625
Thanks RedErik for your anwer... I’ll check that thread and I will keep an eye here for that new launcher...

Again... awesome what you guys do overhere...!!

Last edited by MightyMouseSP; 11-20-2020 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 12:46 AM   #1964
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, E60

Hello forumers,

So, my new unit is having issue with distorted (vertical lines) during boot up.
Essentially, it doesn't show the boot splash.img and only shows half of the bootanimation before it shows the main menu. I've tried working with Avin to update MCU twice and unplugged the unit. I'm on OS v2.3.6. I just reset the unit so there's nothing on it aside from the built in splash.img and the bootanimation that I downloaded here.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2020, 01:14 AM   #1965
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by airshaq20 View Post
Hello forumers,

So, my new unit is having issue with distorted (vertical lines) during boot up.
Essentially, it doesn't show the boot splash.img and only shows half of the bootanimation before it shows the main menu. I've tried working with Avin to update MCU twice and unplugged the unit. I'm on OS v2.3.6. I just reset the unit so there's nothing on it aside from the built in splash.img and the bootanimation that I downloaded here.
Hmm... looks like AVIN has a bad batch of these units. EvntHrzn had the same issue with 2 units he got from AVIN recently. Both had to be returned.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #1966
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Hmm... looks like AVIN has a bad batch of these units. EvntHrzn had the same issue with 2 units he got from AVIN recently. Both had to be returned.

I'm thankful to airshaq20 for coming forth with mentioning that he is having this issue (we have also been in contact via PM), because at least now I know I'm not the outlier as AVIN tried to make it seem. It would be nice if they admitted they were having issues with some of these units, but they have so far stuck to their script of "we have not had any other customer complains regarding your issue"

Btw how do you make people's names show up in a box as a link? I must be blind because I can't find that function in the text editor, nor can I replicate the syntax manually.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 04:35 PM   #1967
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post
Btw how do you make people's names show up in a box as a link? I must be blind because I can't find that function in the text editor, nor can I replicate the syntax manually.
It's quite simple actually Start with @ symbol and then start typing user name. You should get a suggestion box, just click on the name for auto completion and you're done.

Syntax is @[username] (contact:uniqueid) without space between both brackets.
Appreciate 2
serge858149.50
      11-20-2020, 07:55 PM   #1968
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's quite simple actually Start with @ symbol and then start typing user name. You should get a suggestion box, just click on the name for auto completion and you're done.

Syntax is username] (contact:uniqueid) without space between both brackets.
Thanks! I did all of those things, but where I went wrong is I only typed the first 2 letters of his name expecting that to be enough and when it didn't show up I gave up. It also threw me off that the boxes don't show up in the preview, just the final save. Silly me.

@[RedErik

airshaq20

Still can't make yours work, just his, oh well, it's not that important
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 08:28 PM   #1969
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Quote:
I'm thankful to airshaq20 for coming forth with mentioning that he is having this issue (we have also been in contact via PM), because at least now I know I'm not the outlier as AVIN tried to make it seem. It would be nice if they admitted they were having issues with some of these units, but they have so far stuck to their script of "we have not had any other customer complains regarding your issue"

I’d put money that a majority of AVINUSA or any other vendors’ customers are on these forums. And won’t be surprised if the vendors themselves are here also.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:14 PM   #1970
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
I’d put money that a majority of AVINUSA or any other vendors’ customers are on these forums. And won’t be surprised if the vendors themselves are here also.
Well regarding the customers, the forums exist for that very reason, no? As for the vendors, I know for a fact that they come here; simply because I've literally directed them to specific posts on here in order to try to help them help me troubleshoot something
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 10:24 PM   #1971
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Well regarding the customers, the forums exist for that very reason, no? As for the vendors, I know for a fact that they come here; simply because I've literally directed them to specific posts on here in order to try to help them help me troubleshoot something
Yeah that's my point. All the complaints, questions, ideas , feedback etc etc is here. So they be knowing.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 01:23 AM   #1972
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I noticed some time ago that in the factory_config.xml file, the string for time sync is written as such:

Code:
<TimeSyncSoucrce>0</TimeSyncSoucrce>
Either the spelling needs to be corrected, or this spelling "mistake" has been the valid string for some time, and now the INCORRECT spelling is somehow the appropriate string that the head unit looks for because manufacturers never bothered to fix it.

Perhaps Kri has some insight into this.
Thanks for replying. Good catch on the spelling, but it does work, since I've changed it to 1 in my factory_config a long time ago, and I never have to change this setting after upgrade and importing, so you're right that the incorrect spelling is valid.

Factory_config.xml also only has effect the moment you import it, after reading the settings into the system, it's not longer used.

But do you also see this behavior? Makes you wonder what else is halted when you engage reverse gear before Android has booted.

Maybe Frankly30 could add this to his most useful SoundRestorer app? Force a sync with the oem clock on boot, if TimeSyncSource setting is 1.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2020, 11:22 PM   #1973
jake1234
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i GT (G32)

Hi All..I just got a SD625 720P with the blue anti glare screen (bought from the Navifly store on Aliexpress) installed in my BMW F36 and have a few small issues I am hoping someone here can help me with:

1. When the navigation voice comes on it comes out of the right speaker instead of the left speaker (LHD car). Can this be changed in the software?

2. When I am listening to music/video in Android and switch to the iDrive the audio is stopped (Poweramp is forced closed every time for exmaple). On my old PX6 unit this option could be changed but I have not found a way on this new unit yet.

3. The maximum brightness of the unit is surprisingly much lower than my last PX6 480p unit (which maxed out even brighter than my phone screen). Is this just how these newer 720p anti glare screens are or can this be adjusted/fixed? It is just barely bright enough during the day (I have turned the option off to adjust brightness with the car and I only adjust it manually).

I am currently on 2.3.0 but will be updated to 2.3.6 tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by jake1234; 11-21-2020 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 04:22 AM   #1974
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Hello,
For point 1, unfortunately I cannot help you
For point 2, it's surprising because Poweramp is the only application to continue playing (there is a micro cut) on the BMW OEM side, all the others do not work (I tested a lot)
For point 3, check that you are activated with the bulb control, and that your dipped beam headlights are not on. Go to the Android settings and look for the brightness of the screen, I find that it is even too strong (and I use the excellent APP
Lower Brightness Screen Filter Pro which remains active in the taskbar because it lights too bright for me)
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #1975
jake1234
Rep

Quote:
Hello,
For point 1, unfortunately I cannot help you
For point 2, it's surprising because Poweramp is the only application to continue playing (there is a micro cut) on the BMW OEM side, all the others do not work (I tested a lot)
For point 3, check that you are activated with the bulb control, and that your dipped beam headlights are not on. Go to the Android settings and look for the brightness of the screen, I find that it is even too strong (and I use the excellent APP
Lower Brightness Screen Filter Pro which remains active in the taskbar because it lights too bright for me)

I also found (on my old PX6 unit) that Poweramp seemed to be one of the only apps that continued to play between Android and iDrive. But this new SD 625 unit it stops and force closes when switching. I can't seem to find a setting that will fix it under factory settings (there are also much less settings available than with the older unit). It is really annoying as I do switch back to iDrive sometimes. There has to be a way to fix it.

I have set the brightness to not adjust with bulb control as I prefer to control it manually. I am just wondering if these newer 720p anti glare screens are not as bright as the older 480p screens (like my old PX6 unit) or if there is something that can be done to increase brightness as it's a bit low in the day time.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #1976
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

do you use the free or paid version of the Poweramp software?
Can you install https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US then turn the brightness on full and see if you have a difference with it?
Please take a picture of your ANDROID brightness settings as well
NB: ESPECIALLY DO NOT SET THE LUMINOSITY TO MINIMUM WITH THIS APPLICATION /!\
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 01:31 PM   #1977
jake1234
Rep

Quote:
do you use the free or paid version of the Poweramp software?
Can you install https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_US&gl=US then turn the brightness on full and see if you have a difference with it?
Please take a picture of your ANDROID brightness settings as well
NB: ESPECIALLY DO NOT SET THE LUMINOSITY TO MINIMUM WITH THIS APPLICATION /!\
Paid version.

I have tried the app you recommended as well as a couple other brightness apps but the unit is definitely at full brightness. I forgot to take a picture of the android settings but the brightness is set to maximum both there and via the units settings. It seems to be the brightness of these newer 720p screens is just not at the same level as the older 480p screens for some reason. It's not dim by any means, but compared to my older PX6 480p unit it seems roughly 200 nits less bright. It is liveable, but annoying that they aren't at least the same.

The issue of the audio being cut off when switcing to the OEM iDrive menu/radio is the main thing I would like to get fixed. There has to be a fix for it. Anyone??

Also, the audio quality on the Android is not as good as playing music via the built in "Music Collection" player in iDrive (as compared with Poweramp). Music via iDrive tends to sound fuller and wider, whereas via Poweramp it is a bit thinner sounding, although still plenty of bass. Surround sound via iDrive is turned on. Is this also just the nature of the unit not having as good sound output as OEM?

Last edited by jake1234; 11-22-2020 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 01:25 AM   #1978
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, E60

Thank you EvntHrzn - been very fortunate to find this thread and forum members like you. I thought I stuck gold when I got the 12.3" but only thing it got going is the bigger screen.

I just asked Avin to send me a 10.25" again. Looking forward to enjoying the unit as most of you have.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 11:34 AM   #1979
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1234 View Post
Paid version.

I have tried the app you recommended as well as a couple other brightness apps but the unit is definitely at full brightness. I forgot to take a picture of the android settings but the brightness is set to maximum both there and via the units settings. It seems to be the brightness of these newer 720p screens is just not at the same level as the older 480p screens for some reason. It's not dim by any means, but compared to my older PX6 480p unit it seems roughly 200 nits less bright. It is liveable, but annoying that they aren't at least the same.

The issue of the audio being cut off when switcing to the OEM iDrive menu/radio is the main thing I would like to get fixed. There has to be a fix for it. Anyone??

Also, the audio quality on the Android is not as good as playing music via the built in "Music Collection" player in iDrive (as compared with Poweramp). Music via iDrive tends to sound fuller and wider, whereas via Poweramp it is a bit thinner sounding, although still plenty of bass. Surround sound via iDrive is turned on. Is this also just the nature of the unit not having as good sound output as OEM?
I have already torn my hair on the subject, I am in version 9.0, and Poweramp only stops playing for 1 second on the Android side to OEM BMW.
This is the only one I found (and bought) Maybe it uses a channel which is similar to that of the GPS?
You will find my research by clicking here: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...orque&page=143
Otherwise control with the voice: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=3217

Last edited by F20_M135i; 11-23-2020 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 12:00 PM   #1980
Victor8490
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F21

Is it possible to downgrade to android 9? since I have serious problems with the bluetooth connection and apple carplay.

It takes a long time to start zlink, when it starts there are constant audio cuts until the bluetooth is disconnected from the iphone and it does not reconnect automatically.

With android 9 it worked perfect for me, also once the bluetooth of the iphone was connected, it automatically started zlink with carplay.

A greeting and thanks for your help
Appreciate 0