F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F32 Driver's Side Door Handle Issue
ARMA SPEED

02-21-2021, 08:02 PM   #1
Alvin Mpower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

F32 Driver's Side Door Handle Issue

This is the second time this happened to me.
First time I got out of work and got into my car, went to gas station to fill up gas but when I tried to open the door at gas station door handle became flimsy like what you see in the video. Forced to get out from passenger side and put in gas and made it home, after I got home door handle became normal again. Called up a local BMW INDY shop they said this is normal because I washed my car in the cold weather and it messed up the door handle mechanism.
After a month which is today this happened again, did not wash my car and still happened, going to take this to BMW dealer to see what's wrong with the door handle.
Anyone experienced this?

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 04:43 AM   #2
AlmondJayRoM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrizenashisland View Post
This is the second time this happened to me.
First time I got out of work and got into my car, went to gas station to fill up gas but when I tried to open the door at gas station door handle became flimsy like what you see in the video. Forced to get out from passenger side and put in gas and made it home, after I got home door handle became normal again. Called up a local BMW INDY shop they said this is normal because I washed my car in the cold weather and it messed up the door handle mechanism.
After a month which is today this happened again, did not wash my car and still happened, going to take this to BMW dealer to see what's wrong with the door handle.
Anyone experienced this?

Internal door mechanicals probably frozen due to moisture from melting snow or rain. Could also be corrosion or bent/broken components. You’d have to remove the door card to see what’s going on.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 06:12 AM   #3
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

Probably the actuator.

Door wont open
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1789615