F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Shift lights on 2015 m4 not working
GetBMWParts

09-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #1
phsk100
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw m4

Unhappy Shift lights on 2015 m4 not working

Hello all,
Sorry i ment to say SHIFT lights in the title. This is my first post as is my first M4, The M4 is a monster and i love it! Quick question as there is only one thing i don't quite understand. I have gone through the beak in process and have 4,569 Miles on it so i have taken it to redline a few times in all different driving modes sport sport plus
ect, the problem is i never see the shift lights on the tach or the heads up display, the yellow and red led'd light up when car is running but that's it, i looked in the manual and it has a page on shift lights and shows how it works but does not mention a way to turn it on so i assume it should always be working, i checked on line and found a few video's of how it work so i know mine isn't turning on. I know i don't really need it and can shift fine by sound but when i pay $70+k for a car i expect everything to work, any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited by phsk100; 09-11-2015 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: miss spelt title
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Individual

Surely a quick visit to the dealer next time your passing should be enough to get it sorted... I wouldn't let it spoil an otherwise great car/experience - there are plenty of bigger problems in the world
      09-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #3
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Probably get more response from the M4 forum. F82 is my next project!

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
Tr0y
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F33 428i M Sport Convertible

Doesn't it need to be in sport for them to kick in?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 02:34 PM   #5
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Why is this in the F30 forum if you want an answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phsk100 View Post
Hello all,
Sorry i ment to say SHIFT lights in the title. This is my first post as is my first M4, The M4 is a monster and i love it! Quick question as there is only one thing i don't quite understand. I have gone through the beak in process and have 4,569 Miles on it so i have taken it to redline a few times in all different driving modes sport sport plus
ect, the problem is i never see the shift lights on the tach or the heads up display, the yellow and red led'd light up when car is running but that's it, i looked in the manual and it has a page on shift lights and shows how it works but does not mention a way to turn it on so i assume it should always be working, i checked on line and found a few video's of how it work so i know mine isn't turning on. I know i don't really need it and can shift fine by sound but when i pay $70+k for a car i expect everything to work, any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0