F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Charge Pipe failure...again
GetBMWParts

11-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #89
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
Just got off the phone with my case officer at BMW NA. Very very helpful. Complaint officially filed against the dealer and they are going to request that the service case be reopened by the dealer so Dinan warranty can investigate etc.
BMW NA doing it right.
Great news!!

Mike
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #90
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Just got off the phone with my case officer at BMW NA. Very very helpful. Complaint officially filed against the dealer and they are going to request that the service case be reopened by the dealer so Dinan warranty can investigate etc.
BMW NA doing it right.
Update?

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #91
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz
Quote:
BMW NA doing it right.
Update?

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm surprised nobody contacted me from the dealer after the first call back. I'll post back with an update later today.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:25 AM   #92
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Dealer has been "busy" and I ended up at the bottom of their list. Again. Also somehow they didn't understand the explanation given to them by myself or BMW NA and thought I was trying to get reimbursed for the Dinan. I just want the part warrantied I don't understand what is so complicated here. But now I should have an update by the end of the day after they confirm that this part gets warrantied through BMWs system.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:30 AM   #93
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Dealer has been "busy" and I ended up at the bottom of their list. Again. Also somehow they didn't understand the explanation given to them by myself or BMW NA and thought I was trying to get reimbursed for the Dinan. I just want the part warrantied I don't understand what is so complicated here. But now I should have an update by the end of the day after they confirm that this part gets warrantied through BMWs system.
LOL ... I bet.

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #94
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Annd the day ends without a callback. I won't be calling them back tomorrow. I will be calling BMW NA again.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 09:29 PM   #95
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

This dealership sounds totally incompetent. I hope you have another dealership you can go to after getting your money back.

And definitely call BMW NA. Call them everyday you do not hear from the dealership. They will eventually get harassed enough by BMW NA that they will need to make you whole to please BMW NA.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #96
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch
This dealership sounds totally incompetent. I hope you have another dealership you can go to after getting your money back.

And definitely call BMW NA. Call them everyday you do not hear from the dealership. They will eventually get harassed enough by BMW NA that they will need to make you whole to please BMW NA.
They're not not customer focused by any means. Never get call backs, they never answer the phone. Take days to do minor things with in stock parts. But I'm in Chicago I've got several other options for BMW dealerships. I only went there because they were a Dinan dealer but apparently there is no benefit of going to an actual Dinan dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 05:28 PM   #97
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
I only went there because they were a Dinan dealer but apparently there is no benefit of going to an actual Dinan dealer.
I would disagree a bit, there are advantages to going to a Dinan dealership when getting Dinan mods. In this case they're simply a dealership who sucks and unfortunately there are A LOT of dealerships that suck. Just like women, the good ones are hard to find and you tend to deal with a bunch of witches to find the good one.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2015, 09:43 PM   #98
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS
Quote:
I only went there because they were a Dinan dealer but apparently there is no benefit of going to an actual Dinan dealer.
I would disagree a bit, there are advantages to going to a Dinan dealership when getting Dinan mods. In this case they're simply a dealership who sucks and unfortunately there are A LOT of dealerships that suck. Just like women, the good ones are hard to find and you tend to deal with a bunch of witches to find the good one.
If your Dinan dealer doesn't know anything about common failures on tuned cars and refuses to contact Dinan for warranty, then they shouldn't be an authorized dealer. Dinan should keep better tabs on their exclusive vendors and make sure they're well informed about tuning cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 03:19 AM   #99
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If your Dinan dealer doesn't know anything about common failures on tuned cars and refuses to contact Dinan for warranty, then they shouldn't be an authorized dealer. Dinan should keep better tabs on their exclusive vendors and make sure they're well informed about tuning cars.
Well I tend to doubt they don't know about the charge pipe(s) and that they fail. I just think they're a shat dealership that shouldn't be trusted.

Let me ask this question, did you purchase the car and/or your Dinan mods from this dealership ?

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 12:49 PM   #100
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS
Quote:
Well I tend to doubt they don't know about the charge pipe(s) and that they fail. I just think they're a shat dealership that shouldn't be trusted.

Let me ask this question, did you purchase the car and/or your Dinan mods from this dealership ?
Didn't buy the car Dinantronics from them, but did have them install 2 Dinan software upgrades, I only had them service it when I found out the Other BMW dealership I purchased the car from and installed the Dinan Module initially mislead me into believing they were a Dinan dealer as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 02:18 PM   #101
F30silverbullet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30/335

Quote:
Originally Posted by stxf30
Cracked my CP today. JB4 on map 1 and intake. In sport mode dipped in about 60% tryna to maintain traction, hit 3rd and POW!WTH come on BMW.
Geez! Jb4 and intake is all your cp took to crack. Definitely a weak point from bmw.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #102
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Didn't buy the car Dinantronics from them, but did have them install 2 Dinan software upgrades, I only had them service it when I found out the Other BMW dealership I purchased the car from and installed the Dinan Module initially mislead me into believing they were a Dinan dealer as well.

Well that sucks having two of them in your area jacking with you.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #103
cptcrunch
Captain Crunch
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Any updates? Has BMWNA or Dinan reimbursed you for the charge pipe failure?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #104
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcrunch
Any updates? Has BMWNA or Dinan reimbursed you for the charge pipe failure?
Nobody has yet. Dealer is not working with me at all. Keeps saying he will call back then never does. I talked to BMW NA again today to give him another kick, idk why it's taking so much effort to get anything out of this damn dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #105
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Yeah hopefully this is resolved next week. I already pulled out both my stock pipes and inter cooler replaced with all with ER anodized aluminum charges pipes. The TIC was courtesy of Mike@n54tuning. Thanks Mike!
I also just ordered a new set of o rings for all the pipes. BMW workshop guide says change o rings when disconnecting pipes and I reused 2 year old rings and 2 couple month old rings from my new stock pipe. I feel like I've got s minor boost leak somewhere so I'm gonna swap all new rings in now.

I don't know why the throttle body pipe end doesn't have a metal flange like the other 3 ends of the pipes. Seems like a big engineering mistake by BMW. I'm very greatful for my all aluminum anodized charge air system from ER.
Quick question,

You did the install yourself? Were there instructions provided or is it all pretty straightforward? I'm asking because I'm going with a Downpipe/Air Filter/Tune route and I don't want to suffer from any of those problems so just going to get this as well, but I would like to read the instructions first to decide whether I let my dealer install it or if its something I could do on my own.

Thanks
      11-16-2015, 04:06 PM   #106
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhelou
Quote:
Yeah hopefully this is resolved next week. I already pulled out both my stock pipes and inter cooler replaced with all with ER anodized aluminum charges pipes. The TIC was courtesy of Mike@n54tuning. Thanks Mike!
I also just ordered a new set of o rings for all the pipes. BMW workshop guide says change o rings when disconnecting pipes and I reused 2 year old rings and 2 couple month old rings from my new stock pipe. I feel like I've got s minor boost leak somewhere so I'm gonna swap all new rings in now.

I don't know why the throttle body pipe end doesn't have a metal flange like the other 3 ends of the pipes. Seems like a big engineering mistake by BMW. I'm very greatful for my all aluminum anodized charge air system from ER.
Quick question,

You did the install yourself? Were there instructions provided or is it all pretty straightforward? I'm asking because I'm going with a Downpipe/Air Filter/Tune route and I don't want to suffer from any of those problems so just going to get this as well, but I would like to read the instructions first to decide whether I let my dealer install it or if its something I could do on my own.

Thanks
I did it myself but ended up damaging a flange on my new charge pipe causing a persistent boost leak. ER customer service has been very helpful getting me a new part quickly. I'm waiting for dd1981 to help me fix my minor exhaust and boost leaks when he comes by this week. It's much easier to do on RWD than xDrive like I have. Take your time and you should be fine. My personal suggestion which is not found in any of the guides is to purchase new o-rings for your charge pipes and new gaskets/clamps for your exhaust from your favorite BMW parts reseller. 4 o-rings are about $20 and exhaust gaskets at ~$50 total. Not necessary by any means but it's suggested by the BMW workshop guide and it will decrease the probability of a leak.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #107
Earthmaster
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 Austin Yellow

Quote:
I did it myself but ended up damaging a flange on my new charge pipe causing a persistent boost leak. ER customer service has been very helpful getting me a new part quickly. I'm waiting for dd1981 to help me fix my minor exhaust and boost leaks when he comes by this week. It's much easier to do on RWD than xDrive like I have. Take your time and you should be fine. My personal suggestion which is not found in any of the guides is to purchase new o-rings for your charge pipes and new gaskets/clamps for your exhaust from your favorite BMW parts reseller. 4 o-rings are about $20 and exhaust gaskets at ~$50 total. Not necessary by any means but it's suggested by the BMW workshop guide and it will decrease the probability of a leak.
Can you get me part number for 0 rings on the charge pipe looking to do this eventually.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #108
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmaster View Post
Can you get me part number for 0 rings on the charge pipe looking to do this eventually.
2 x Intercooler side O-rings there's one on each side.

Turbo/Throttle Body Side
Right
Left
Appreciate 3
      11-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #109
Earthmaster
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 Austin Yellow

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 01:41 PM   #110
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
2 x Intercooler side O-rings there's one on each side.

Turbo/Throttle Body Side
Right
Left
Install T minus 2 days