F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Share your BimmerTech PP82DSP Amp Tune Files **Updated 01/15/18
GetBMWParts

07-26-2017, 05:26 PM   #133
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 428i GC Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorce View Post
I tested it now.
It's quiter than other tune files and like you said the bass isn't so strong. But I will continue to test it on a longer drive.
Thanks
Yeah, there's strong EQ cuts to control the peaks. It's more usable anyway since anything above 60% sounds like it's beginning to distort. Also, many tunes are boosted (which can introduce digital clipping/distortion) and bass-heavy in general. This one is closely aligned to the target curve provided from the pc-tool documentation recommendation and more balanced with a warm tilt (slight emphasis of lows, slight roll off of highs, but nothing exaggerated).

Last edited by foveon; 07-26-2017 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #134
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I tested it now.
It's quieter than other tune files and like you said the bass isn't so strong. But I will continue to test it on a long drive.
Thanks
I tried driving today and felt the same way since traffic noise drowns out lows. I've re-tuned the file and re-uploaded to my original post. The EQ is more accurate than before regarding peaks as I had my car engine off this time to reduce environmental noises. I also applied EQ tuning more holistically afterward to match the curve. This added lots more bass and should sound about right while driving.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #135
igorce
Rep
Drives: F36 430d

Quote:
Originally Posted by foveon View Post
I tried driving today and felt the same way since traffic noise drowns out lows. I've re-tuned the file and re-uploaded to my original post. The EQ is more accurate than before regarding peaks as I had my car engine off this time to reduce environmental noises. I also applied EQ tuning more holistically afterward to match the curve. This added lots more bass and should sound about right while driving.
Great I will give it a try. But you're right many other tunes beginn to distort.
Thanks for the upload!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 04:52 AM   #136
igorce
Rep

Quote:
Your new tune file is now much better. There are more bass and the everything is a bit louder.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 06:53 AM   #137
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30

does anyone have a tune file for a RHS drive car i.e uk
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #138
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Your new tune file is now much better. There are more bass and the everything is a bit louder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
does anyone have a tune file for a RHS drive car i.e uk
igorce I also added a less centered sounding tune to my post, I'm using that now as it sounds better for passengers too.

devil84 the tunes I made are symmetrical, so it works for either side.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 04:29 AM   #139
igorce
Rep

Quote:
igorce I also added a less centered sounding tune to my post, I'm using that now as it sounds better for passengers too.

devil84 the tunes I made are symmetrical, so it works for either side.
I will give a try.
Thanks for the file!
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #140
moorty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusz0147 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlink View Post
Has anyone run into an issue with this amp where you modify some of the settings and the sound turns off when played at full volume during highway driving or something (all speakers go silent)? I modified the BimmerTech file provided by Nelson for the F30 and it cuts off. The only real change that I made was setting the gain/output level on the 2 rear speakers to 0 instead of -2. Curious to know if other people have run into the same problem when tuning the amp for their liking.

Edit to included some additional details.
Upgraded from regular HiFi to BimmerTech Amp
Dip settings for 2 and 4 are set to on.
i have this same problem and i use just use the bimmertech tune. does any1 have a fix for this. my car is set at 0 and 0 and dip settings for 2 and 4 are also on.
Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem, using bimmertech tune for bavsound stage 1 + ghosts
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #141
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorty View Post
Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem, using bimmertech tune for bavsound stage 1 + ghosts

Not good. Few issues with amp?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 12:57 AM   #142
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Well it does have one via the autiotec fischer software, you need to purchase an additional measure microphone to do that, like this one which worked very well for me https://www.minidsp.com/products/aco...urement/umik-1

does this mic work with any dsp amp or just certain ones?

would it work with the helix 8 channel amp?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 07:58 AM   #143
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
Well it does have one via the autiotec fischer software, you need to purchase an additional measure microphone to do that, like this one which worked very well for me https://www.minidsp.com/products/aco...urement/umik-1

does this mic work with any dsp amp or just certain ones?

would it work with the helix 8 channel amp?
I don't see why not, it's a regular USB microphone
      08-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #144
gozu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i 2017 with premium package

Has anybody tuned for F30 with center speaker disabled? It's supposed to give better stereo/imaging.

I imagine disabling it requires changing the tuning because the extra power gets redistributed to the remaining speakers and so forth.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #145
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I will give a try.
Thanks for the file!
Feel free to try the revised "less centered" one, I further refined the timing to work well with different listening positions (seat positions).
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #146
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozu View Post
Has anybody tuned for F30 with center speaker disabled? It's supposed to give better stereo/imaging.

I imagine disabling it requires changing the tuning because the extra power gets redistributed to the remaining speakers and so forth.
The tunes I created used inverse polarity on the center, which adds sound fill to help increase the soundstage size. Using normal polarity I feel like the soundstage is close and compact. Using inverse polarity on the center, the soundstage is much larger and further back, like your wind shield becomes the stage.

Extra power is only used if it's needed e.g. dynamics or loudness. It won't make everything automatically louder or more dynamic unless it was short on power in the first place.

Quote:
Next time I have everything out, I'll let you know how disabling the center sounds.
Update: Disabling center sounds more localized i.e. it's distracting from the speaker closest to you pointing to you. I think this worked better for cars when the speakers were off-axis, pointing towards the windshield to add it's own sound fill and less so when on axis.

Last edited by foveon; 08-17-2017 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 02:45 AM   #147
valley_nomad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:

Driver Centered:

*Update* 8/8/17 Re-tuned once again for wider soundstage and diffusion, and less centered from the middle windshield. Also more pleasing sounding for the passenger(s). I still like the sound of the first tuning as the driver, but this more universal and versatile, which I've personally settled on.

*Update* 8/17/17 Refined the timing further to increase image positioning with different seating/listening positions. Didn't RTA after though, but the distances were between 2-6 inch differences and weren't drastic. Maybe if I'm feeling it I'll do it again (as you can see I'm kind of OCD). Also updated the file names, the first is car centered and this one is driver centered. Driver centered works better for passengers.
I checked your time alignment settings and found that the distances of two front speakers to the driver listening position are same. I thought they should be different for driver centered configuration --- i.e. the front left speaker has shorter distance than that of front right speaker. Am I missing something here?

Last edited by valley_nomad; 08-24-2017 at 05:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 07:05 AM   #148
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

hi guys

bought this amp. has anyone got a tune with a trunk sub already installed.

also currently my mono amp is tapped into the existing harness. is it best to replace and use the rca output of the bimmertech amp?

thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 07:20 AM   #149
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
hi guys

bought this amp. has anyone got a tune with a trunk sub already installed.

also currently my mono amp is tapped into the existing harness. is it best to replace and use the rca output of the bimmertech amp?

thanks in advance.

First page says Post #59

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #150
foveon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by valley_nomad View Post
I checked your time alignment settings and found that the distances of two front speakers to the driver listening position are same. I thought they should be different for driver centered configuration --- i.e. the front left speaker has shorter distance than that of front right speaker. Am I missing something here?
Yes, they are symmetric and use the center channel to image the soundstage. The driver and front passenger should hear the sound coming from mostly in front of them from the windshield. The back passenger center sounds like open back headphones are on (very clear), while the back side passengers can hear what's going on but it's smooth.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #151
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
First page says Post #59

thank you. i can see its for LHS. do i just switch the time alignment for RHS?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #152
igorce
Rep

Quote:
Feel free to try the revised "less centered" one, I further refined the timing to work well with different listening positions (seat positions).
I will try it tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #153
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
thank you. i can see its for LHS. do i just switch the time alignment for RHS?

Yes, reverse..

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 02:13 AM   #154
devil84
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

thank you Ronanz!

Last edited by devil84; 08-26-2017 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0