F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Looking to get a parts list for 500+ AWHP
Studio RSR

02-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #23
MO_23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i ENZO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
If that's the situation that you are basing it on, then most would tell you that you would have lost control whether you had AWD or not. The major culprit there was using all seasons and not winter tires.
Was just about to reply the same as you. To the OP most M4/M3 guys are running 305 or even 315s in the back, much wider then stock (i think 275, don't remember exactly). 305 on Michelin PSS or Pilot sport cup 2(even more grip but pricey!) will give you great traction..

You should always have winter tires if you have a RWD or have a beater car. Try some Blizzak WS80(more for blizzard type locations), Michelin Xice 3 or Pirelli Sottozero 3 in the winter and we would be having a completely different conversation. But to each his own, good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #24
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I know people will stone me for this but I would kill for an xdrive M2
Really? So far I'd rather have your car over an M2 xDrive after seeing it in person, and reading the initial track reviews vs the M3 + M4, but then again I still haven't driven an M235xi, I just base my assumption on a combination loaner 228i's and my 335xi.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #25
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar
Quote:
Really? So far I'd rather have your car over an M2 xDrive after seeing it in person, and reading the initial track reviews vs the M3 + M4, but then again I still haven't driven an M235xi, I just base my assumption on a combination loaner 228i's and my 335xi.
I know what you mean, all I feel this car is missing are the wider fenders. Hoping someone comes out with a decent widebody that won't cost an arm and a leg...

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2016, 01:10 AM   #26
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Can't believe no one has said:

1. M3

Seriously, as a tuner of a WRX, I have somewhat of an idea of required supporting mods. 500whp isn't as simple as some people make it out to be. Getting that much fuel in there requires more than just an ample HP fuel pump, the proper turbo induction is a big deal as well, and all of these require a plethora of supporting mods. Can it be done from a 3.0L engine? Sure, but it's not a flash and an exhaust, 500whp is a big bump up from stock and going to put a bunch of stress on a lot of parts, requiring mods and upgrades in many places. Think about what an M5 is running for engine, turbos, brakes, transmission, exhaust, etc...
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2016, 01:37 AM   #27
jjcools
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 - 335i 6MT

I would think the axles would be an issue for launching 500 hp
2005 - 330i ZHP, Mystic Blue over black (past)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 11:48 AM   #28
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes
Can't believe no one has said:

1. M3

Seriously, as a tuner of a WRX, I have somewhat of an idea of required supporting mods. 500whp isn't as simple as some people make it out to be. Getting that much fuel in there requires more than just an ample HP fuel pump, the proper turbo induction is a big deal as well, and all of these require a plethora of supporting mods. Can it be done from a 3.0L engine? Sure, but it's not a flash and an exhaust, 500whp is a big bump up from stock and going to put a bunch of stress on a lot of parts, requiring mods and upgrades in many places. Think about what an M5 is running for engine, turbos, brakes, transmission, exhaust, etc...
People have said M3 maybe you didn't read the thread or OPs demand for AWD.
There are already several N55s pushing up against the 600whp mark and with stage 3 development turbos numbers have been as high as 647whp already. It won't be long till you start too see lots of big moves in the industry PI kits becoming widespread, integration with piggyback tunes is underway, 3 stage 3 turbos coming to market, for those who like to really push the limits I know NOS is also in development for the N55, and most exciting of all a Cobb-AP style OBD flash tune manager is in the works.
No 500whp is not an easy goal it requires a lot of supporting mods. But you wouldn't be the first to attempt this, and you don't need to be custom fabbing parts etc, with a large assortment of bolt-on mods and a proper tune you can easily break 500whp with an N55.

So far the M3s and M4s that are pushing higher numbers have been blowing lots of parts on their cars, crank hubs, TPG's keyed crank hubs, rear drive axles, DCT components etc. So far the N55 has dealt with mods very well the only weak points that have arisen already are blowing the factory CP, ripping your stock DV, and in some cases busting your strut top hat. The F30 chassis, drivetrain, and N55 engine have proven to be very rigid and hasn't yet led to issues like the tuned F80/2s even though, The N55 and F3X chassis has been out on the market for several more years than the S55.

Those of us with HP N55s are on the edge of our seat waiting to see what'll be the next point of failure for our cars but we've yet to find it despite cars already reaching the 650whp level.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 2
      02-28-2016, 01:28 PM   #29
Ray knight
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB F85 X5M

Quote:
I'd do an Xdrive M3 in a heartbeat! I love my F80 but i don't go powersliding around the streets and don't do burnouts either. No real advantage for me to have RWD over AWD. I'd rather get monster grip off the line and take off harder.
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #30
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
People have said M3 maybe you didn't read the thread or OPs demand for AWD.
There are already several N55s pushing up against the 600whp mark and with stage 3 development turbos numbers have been as high as 647whp already. It won't be long till you start too see lots of big moves in the industry PI kits becoming widespread, integration with piggyback tunes is underway, 3 stage 3 turbos coming to market, for those who like to really push the limits I know NOS is also in development for the N55, and most exciting of all a Cobb-AP style OBD flash tune manager is in the works.
No 500whp is not an easy goal it requires a lot of supporting mods. But you wouldn't be the first to attempt this, and you don't need to be custom fabbing parts etc, with a large assortment of bolt-on mods and a proper tune you can easily break 500whp with an N55.

So far the M3s and M4s that are pushing higher numbers have been blowing lots of parts on their cars, crank hubs, TPG's keyed crank hubs, rear drive axles, DCT components etc. So far the N55 has dealt with mods very well the only weak points that have arisen already are blowing the factory CP, ripping your stock DV, and in some cases busting your strut top hat. The F30 chassis, drivetrain, and N55 engine have proven to be very rigid and hasn't yet led to issues like the tuned F80/2s even though, The N55 and F3X chassis has been out on the market for several more years than the S55.

Those of us with HP N55s are on the edge of our seat waiting to see what'll be the next point of failure for our cars but we've yet to find it despite cars already reaching the 650whp level.

This...^^^

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #31
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
Sounds like a good discussion to have on the N55 engine technical forum.
Bah, who needs sub-forums?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #32
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

X5M ?!
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #33
Tinkerer92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

After further research I have decided that doing port injection will achieve what I need for this.

I would appreciate a rep getting in contact with me to discuss options.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 09:07 PM   #34
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

200 Shot of NOS + FUEL.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 09:42 PM   #35
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerer92 View Post
After further research I have decided that doing port injection will achieve what I need for this.

Contact Daniel (PDU) . His PI Kits are on the record breakers.

HERE

My Build Thread can be found HERE

Last edited by ronanz; 03-21-2016 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #36
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerer92 View Post

Contact Daniel (PDU) . His PI Kits are on the record breakers.

HERE

+1. The PDU PI kit is the only kit built from the ground up specifically for the N55. I have it on my car and it's going well so far and I'm only running 25% flow at the moment.

OP, I'd recommend the PI kit, just remember you need new fuel lines and LPFP to accompany it. Also since you and I are on xDrive the raised manifold from the PI spacer makes the Drivers side charge pipe much harder to fit. I'm probably going to have to modify my ER pipe with a new silicone hose with an angle in it to keep it from rubbing the steering column. If it works I have some extra silicone couplers with angles that were all pretty cheap but still 4ply like the ER coupler PM me if you find yourself in need.
Appreciate 0